Ryan Kerrigan not returning to Washington signing with Eagles

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yea you’re right none of them can take the Qb soul like Lawrence

Said nothing about Lawrence.

Lawrence has been a disappointment in getting sacks, no doubt. But his run game is outstanding. I have a feeling that if we can get a push up the middle those sack numbers will go up.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Said nothing about Lawrence.

Lawrence has been a disappointment in getting sacks, no doubt. But his run game is outstanding. I have a feeling that if we can get a push up the middle those sack numbers will go up.
No doubt, a push up the middle will really help the edge guys numbers… if they can get it.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Anyone want to kick the tires on Kerrigan coming to Dallas?
I know he's getting up there but the guys was really good for them the past decade. I think he's worth a look see.
:huh: Your title indicates he signed w/the Egals.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Anyone want to kick the tires on Kerrigan coming to Dallas?
I know he's getting up there but the guys was really good for them the past decade. I think he's worth a look see.
Very solid player. Killed the Cowboys for years.

jnday

Reaction score
I'd like to have him at an affordable price but he's likely not willing to afford us a team-friendly deal. It wouldn't hurt to check him out, though. You never know when a player might settle for less than he first set out for. That's probably our best shot at signing him, though. We'll probably prefer to let our youngsters do it for considerably less.
Stephen’s affordable price is usually about half the money that other teams consider affordable. This handicaps the team, because FAs is a big part of team building. A few mid-priced FAs could really help the Cowboys.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Skins had the cap money to keep Kerrigan. Not like he was looking to break the bank. Skins didn’t want him any longer. Interesting.

Jerry would have signed him for 2 years $20M if he were a Cowboy. Just like Crawford. Kerrigan was much better than Crawford, which makes Jerry keeping Crawford even worse.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Ryan is getting up there in age, and WFT had two young notable studs already set in place and taking over the edges in Chase and Sweat.

At best Kerrigan would've been a reserve 3rd DE there and I've heard they are liking their youth reserves too. i thought someone like Pats, Chiefs
Bills Niners, Vikes or Seattle would've sign Kerrigan already on the open market. He's among the past decade leaders in sacks.

Would he start over Derek Barnett or Brian Graham, or would Eagles be content with him as a fresh 3rd DE off the bench ?

we signed a bunch of those last season, howd that workout?

Poe, MCcoy ,and aldon smith just to name few ,,,

817Gill

Reaction score
Mannn

Eagles, Giants and WFT been consistently churning vets this offseason. Can we get a guy. Please?
We might be doomed there because we picked up multiple vets in 2020 who many, including me, thought were great additions.

McCoy, Poe, Griffin, and Clinton-Dix were all one-time pro bowlers who hadn’t fallen off a cliff and all of them whiffed for one reason or another. Shoot the best vet pickup on that side of the ball was Aldon and he had the longest odds.

Though it shouldn’t, I fear that failure of a vet FA class is going to steer them even more into their strategy. On the bright side, I like guys like Urban, Kazee, and Neal if they are healthy and play to their ability.

I think the strategy works just fine if you draft A classes annually and the bargain bin FA class contributes as it’s supposed to, with bridge starters and key rotational guys. Thing is the margin of error becomes very small if you want to reach your ceiling, while the floor remains relatively high. Strategy leads to a 9 to 11 win franchise with the occasional 12/13 game plus playoff victory year, and occasional injury riddled 5/6 win season.

Not bad but not to Cowboy expectations either.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
we signed a bunch of those last season, howd that workout?

Poe, MCcoy ,and aldon smith just to name few ,,,
Yeah, those older vets are let go by their teams for good reason. Sometimes you can hit on one but most of the time, their original team is right.

Kerrigan likely wouldn’t do much for Dallas. Even had he played decent, really, all he would have done here is take some pass rush opportunities away from Parsons, who they want on the edge some.

Just not worth it for Dallas, IMO.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Kerrigan is pain in the butt. Always around the QB. That's a good bunch he is playing with in Philly.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Little known fact, Eagles were 3rd in the league in sacks last year.

But sometimes third just isn’t good enough
*I was gonna "say" something ,but got to laughing so hard about it,,, I just can't bring myself to do it:lmao::thumbup::lmao:

DanA

Reaction score
It’s a no for me.

Good player, I’d like to have him but it’s not a cost effective move given the other plans we’ve made and roster. Can’t see interest from the FO.

I could see us looking at 1T, FS, and QB as places we could use a veteran. Add OC depending on how things look in training camp.