Ryan Mallet Doing Us No Favors

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
realtick;3855185 said:
I was never convinced by any stretch that Mallett was going Top 10.

That was part of my Locker is going higher than anyone thinks point.

Tell me scouts wont meet w/ those two guys and come away thinking they better grab Locker

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3855190 said:
That was part of my Locker is going higher than anyone thinks point.

Tell me scouts wont meet w/ those two guys and come away thinking they better grab Locker

It may help Locker marginally, but I don't believe anything significant.

Two things can be equally true: First, Locker is head and shoulders above Mallett in terms of being a "safer" pick (charachter). Second, Locker is still not a Top 10 QB based on his own merit.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Wes Bunting
#Auburn QB Cam Newton needs to come out ASAP to talk, can't be any worse than #Arkansas Ryan Mallett...guy will look like a saint
Don't trust #Arkansas QB Ryan Mallett...end of story, guy rubs me the wrong way and he wouldn't be on my draft board. Period. #NFLDRAFT

Jason la Canfora
Mallett pretty much laughed at reports of possible drug use by him. "I can't control that. That's why I don't even want to talk about it.". Mallett asked a fourth time about allegations, and why not flatly deny them now. Says he will "talk about it with the teams." Interview over. Says he's discussed the rumors with teams here and that "everything is good."

---
"Anyone got a Scranton for Ryan Mallett?"

I cant remember a QB who succeeded going into his career w character concerns

JBS

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3858779 said:
Wes Bunting
#Auburn QB Cam Newton needs to come out ASAP to talk, can't be any worse than #Arkansas Ryan Mallett...guy will look like a saint
Don't trust #Arkansas QB Ryan Mallett...end of story, guy rubs me the wrong way and he wouldn't be on my draft board. Period. #NFLDRAFT

Jason la Canfora
Mallett pretty much laughed at reports of possible drug use by him. "I can't control that. That's why I don't even want to talk about it.". Mallett asked a fourth time about allegations, and why not flatly deny them now. Says he will "talk about it with the teams." Interview over. Says he's discussed the rumors with teams here and that "everything is good."

---
"Anyone got a Scranton for Ryan Mallett?"

I cant remember a QB who succeeded going into his career w character concerns

Apparently Dan Marino fell due to character concerns..he turned out pretty good..not too sure if it is true though, his class was before my time

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
GloryDaysRBack;3858782 said:
Apparently Dan Marino fell due to character concerns..he turned out pretty good..not too sure if it is true though, his class was before my time

I remember my uncle telling me about some nose candy rumors but I havent heard much about that in a ling time

burmafrd

Reaction score
actually a lot of people figured that a couple of teams that were drafting real late spread the rumors on Marino.

Mallet has had talk about his bad habits everywhere he has been. This guy is a walking red flag.

alohawg

Reaction score
I have never seen such ridiculous assault on a player.

burmafrd

Reaction score
if there was proof he would be in jail or ready to stand trial.

jnday

Reaction score
If he is there in the second round , is he worth the pick ?

speedkilz88

Reaction score
UnoDallas;3858833 said:
thats all I heard RUMORS

got some real proof ?????????
Rumors is all we had on Quincy Carter until his release and then we found out all the dirty details.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
burmafrd;3858860 said:

Im jail for smoking weed and being an abrasive brat w/ no work ethic or leadership skills?

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Dude's an arrogant arse who has "bust" written all over him. He has way too much confidence in his arm and constantly tries to fit balls into double and triple coverage. Luckily for him, he throws so damn hard that DBs drop a lot of potential INTs. Bama, LSU and A&M all dropped three this year against him.

alohawg

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;3858942 said:
Dude's an arrogant arse who has "bust" written all over him. He has way too much confidence in his arm and constantly tries to fit balls into double and triple coverage. Luckily for him, he throws so damn hard that DBs drop a lot of potential INTs. Bama, LSU and A&M all dropped three this year against him.

Translation: He scorched my poor lil' aggies TWICE in Jerry world. :lmao:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX_MSFQsuKY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ql6OFSXAr4&feature=related

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
burmafrd;3858860 said:

Wait, a college kid using drugs ????????? what

Newton has been accused of being involved in a "pay to play" scheme. This speaks to the kid's character.
Newton was failing classes before he got kicked out of Florida.
He also stole laptops from dorm. It's not just pay for play that is questionable.

These have to be considered when evaluating prospects with character issues

The result of a Mobile taxi cab conversation in which the poster learned that Fairley is a close friend of JaMarcus Russell. That alone could sink his draft stock. Is that fair? Not at all. Asked in the guise of question it has a little more legitimacy, but still represents the kind of information that fuels nasty rumors.