Ryan Mallet Doing Us No Favors

ringmaster

Reaction score

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
alohawg;3861147 said:
Uh' well okay I guess but I remember dreading playing the Eagles when Cunningham was there....guy wasn't bad imo.

Randall Cunningham was a very good QB despite what's being told to you. Cunningham and company whooped up on the Cowboys for years.

Vince Young doesn't have an excessively long throwing motion, but more of an unorthodox side delivery. He's simply not that great of a QB (management, accuracy, etc.).

Byron Leftwhich does have a long slow delivery, but he too suffers from other issues.

Blaming their throwing motion as if it's the primary reason for their struggles is oversimplified.

It's not as if these guys had everything going for them but just couldn't succeed because of how they threw a ball.

alohawg

Reaction score
realtick;3861210 said:
Randall Cunningham was a very good QB despite what's being told to you. Cunningham and company whooped up on the Cowboys for years.

Vince Young doesn't have an excessively long throwing motion, but more of an unorthodox side delivery. He's simply not that great of a QB (management, accuracy, etc.).

Byron Leftwhich does have a long slow delivery, but he too suffers from other issues.

Blaming their throwing motion as if it's the primary reason for their struggles is oversimplified.

It's not as if these guys had everything going for them but just couldn't succeed because of how they threw a ball.

I remember the Cunningham well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F6Xl5Eg67A&feature=related

Randy White

Reaction score
alohawg;3861147 said:
Uh' well okay I guess but I remember dreading playing the Eagles when Cunningham was there....guy wasn't bad imo.

I didn't say he was bad, I said he wasn't great, despite the smoke being blown up his backside now for unknown reasons. " Whooping the Cowboys ", in the both eras that he did, wasn't that big deal since the Cowboys sucked in those years. His legs were his primary weapon and not until much later in his career where he had that one outstanding season with the " throw deep to Randy Moss " did he really became a passing QB, and was still only 1 true season sandwiched between two " back up " years..

And yes, throwing motion does play a HUGE factor on the development of a QB. NFL coaches try to correct the long ones so the ball can be released quicker, but it's not easy to do.

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
Randy White;3861516 said:
I didn't say he was bad, I said he wasn't great, despite the smoke being blown up his backside now for unknown reasons. " Whooping the Cowboys ", in the both eras that he did, wasn't that big deal since the Cowboys sucked in those years. His legs were his primary weapon and not until much later in his career where he had that one outstanding season with the " throw deep to Randy Moss " did he really became a passing QB, and was still only 1 true season sandwiched between two " back up " years..

And yes, throwing motion does play a HUGE factor on the development of a QB. NFL coaches try to correct the long ones so the ball can be released quicker, but it's not easy to do.

He never became "great," lol.

Funny, how the guy who supposedly only had his legs as his "primary weapon" was able to have the same career QB rating as Troy Aikman; more career TDs than Aikman; less career interceptions than Aikman.

The Eagles didn't win a Super Bowl for a myriad of reasons, the least of which can be blamed on Cunningham's throwing motion.

Cunningham was a true duel threat.

Funny how his supposed throwing motion issues helped him eek out a 16 year career.

You're full of crap....as always.

Randy White

Reaction score
realtick;3861556 said:
He never became "great," lol. Funny, how the guy who supposedly only had his legs as his "primary weapon" was able to have the same career QB rating as Troy Aikman; more career TDs than Aikman; less career interceptions than Aikman. The Eagles didn't win a Super Bowl for a myriad of reasons, the least of which can be blamed on Cunningham's throwing motion. Cunningham was a true duel threat. Funny how his supposed throwing motion issues helped him eek out a 16 year career.

You're full of crap....as always.

Chad Pennington, Daunte Culpepper, Jeff Garcia, Carson Palmer,
Trent Green, David Garrard, Donovan McNabb, Rich Gannon
Shaun Hill, Marc Bulger, Jay Cutler, Mark Brunell
Matt Cassel, Steve McNail, Brian Griese, Neil Lomax
Sonny Jurgensen, Len Dawson, Jason Campbell, Brad Johnson
Matt Hasselbeck, Ken Anderson, Bernie Kosar, Neil O'Donnell, Danny White

Have better " ratings " than Troy Aikman.

Nearly 60 Quarterbacks, including names like John Kitna and Brad Anderson, have more TD passes than Troy Aikman and at least twice that much have less career interceptions than Troy Aikman.

To think even privately that having better stats than Troy Aikman equates to average ( nevermind greatness ), is completely IDIOTIC.

Posting it in the internet, is absolutely MORONIC..

Some day you'll be smart enough to be a MORON.

Oh, and here's another one for a simpleton like you: Don Strock spent 15 years in the league and never started more than 7 games in any of them, so that " 16 year career " means as much as the STUPIDITY you just posted.

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
Randy White;3861585 said:
Chad Pennington, Daunte Culpepper, Jeff Garcia, Carson Palmer,
Trent Green, David Garrard, Donovan McNabb, Rich Gannon
Shaun Hill, Marc Bulger, Jay Cutler, Mark Brunell
Matt Cassel, Steve McNail, Brian Griese, Neil Lomax
Sonny Jurgensen, Len Dawson, Jason Campbell, Brad Johnson
Matt Hasselbeck, Ken Anderson, Bernie Kosar, Neil O'Donnell, Danny White

Have better " ratings " than Troy Aikman.

Nearly 60 Quarterbacks, including names like John Kitna and Brad Anderson, have more TD passes than Troy Aikman and at least twice that much have less career interceptions than Troy Aikman.

To think even privately that having better stats than Troy Aikman equates to average ( nevermind greatness ), is completely IDIOTIC.

Posting it in the internet, is absolutely MORONIC..

Some day you'll be smart enough to be a MORON.

Oh, and here's another one for a simpleton like you: Don Strock spent 15 years in the league and never started more than 7 games in any of them, so that " 16 year career " means as much as the STUPIDITY you just posted.

Ah yes, the famous Randy White backpedal.

Funny, I'm constantly having to put you in your place everytime you put your foot in your mouth. I slap you with the facts and then you go hide.

You said Cunningham's primary weapon was his "legs." That's crap. What made him a threat was the fact he was able to pass and run effectively.

But nevermind that, let's get back to the crap you supposed.

So in what meaningful way was Randall Cunningham prevented from being "great" during his hey day with the Eagles that can be strictly attributed to his throwing motion?

That's your contention. Defend it.

Randy White

Reaction score
realtick;3861629 said:
Funny, I'm constantly having to put you in your place everytime you put your foot in your mouth. I slap you with the facts and then you go hide.

The only " place " you know is the one where your head currently is and always has been: straight up your assteroid. As far as " facts " are concerned, after that little nugget you just dropped, it's more than obvious that the next " fact " you'll learn will be your first.

Go crab your way to Randall's underskirt. His backside is getting cold and he needs more smoke from your lips to keep it warm.

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
Randy White;3861684 said:
The only " place " you know is the one where your head currently is and always has been: straight up your assteroid. As far as " facts " are concerned, after that little nugget you just dropped, it's more than obvious that the next " fact " you'll learn will be your first.

Go crab your way to Randall's underskirt. His backside is getting cold and he needs more smoke from your lips to keep it warm.

Lol, I think everyone knows your kryptonite: facts.