Ryan Tannehill Signs - 4 Years, each year 29MM, 23MM Guaranteed

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
You think building around a franchise QB that only plays good against non playoff teams and misses too many passes a "franchise" QB makes the vast majority of the time is the best way to win? Ok I disagree on top of him not "winning" more than 9 games but once which was his rookie season.

That is a one-year narrative about only playing good against non-playoff teams. I'm looking at the full 4 years body of work. He has more than proven himself.

Swagger

Reaction score
I really don't understand why people are obsessed with Prescott.

I can only think it's his durability and that his name isn't Matt Cassel or Bradley Weeden.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
That is a one-year narrative about only playing good against non-playoff teams. I'm looking at the full 4 years body of work. He has more than proven himself.

Thats true, he collapsed without Zeke and looked totally putrid without Cooper, (2 different years by the way) so ya he proved he can drive the bus if you surround him with ELITE TALENT, but take them away and he is mediocre at best

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
I really don't understand why people are obsessed with Prescott.

I can only think it's his durability and that his name isn't Matt Cassel or Bradley Weeden.

He is durable and a pretty good runner and he also seems to have a solid head on his shoulders, he's just not a franchise QB! He must be pretty smart too though, because he's gonna manage to get himself paid like one and i can't take that away from him

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Thats true, he collapsed without Zeke and looked totally putrid without Cooper, (2 different years by the way) so ya he proved he can drive the bus if you surround him with ELITE TALENT, but take them away and he is mediocre at best

Almost every qb in the league needs talent around them to be successful.

Reactions: G2

Philmonroe

Reaction score
No need for personal insults.
Its ok because I know that's not true. This is just how online discussions go at times. He doesn't mean any harm not that he could inflict any saying something that isn't true. Being honest if we were to compare actual offline situations he'd look crazy saying what he said but when you just see a name with nothing else behind it you can talk crazy in ways you can't when your face to face and can see whats really real.

Kaiser

Reaction score

Was Bradley Weeden the guy who backed Teddy Romo or Tanner Aikman?

You might want to think about Dak's winning record, leadership and improvement over time.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Almost every qb in the league needs talent around them to be successful.

Yes they do but they all don't need elite talent to succeed. Just ask Wentz who was throwing to guys off the street this past season and lost his starting 2 RB's and both his starting tackles, or ask Tom Brady who didn't have even a mediocre WR receiver or TE to throw to this past season other than Edelman in the slot and he is getting old. Both made the playoffs by the way

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Yes they do but they all don't need elite talent to succeed. Just ask Wentz who was throwing to guys off the street this past season and lost his starting 2 RB's and both his starting tackles, or ask Tom Brady who didn't have even a mediocre WR receiver or TE to throw to this past season other than Edelman in the slot and he is getting old. Both made the playoffs by the way

I agree Brady doesn't need talent to be successful but Wentz does. The Cowboys should easily have won the division but between bad coaching and the worst special teams in the league they took 2-3 extra losses. That isn't on Dak. The one stretch of games that Wentz has looked like an elite qb was when he had a team so great that the backup qb won the Super Bowl for him.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Just ask Wentz who was throwing to guys off the street this past season and lost his starting 2 RB's and both his starting tackles, or ask Tom Brady who didn't have even a mediocre WR receiver or TE to throw to this past season other than Edelman in the slot and he is getting old. Both made the playoffs by the way

And what exactly did Wentz do in the playoffs? Did that one completion in four attempts impress you? Was it the three yards passing that make your heart flutter?

The idea Wentz lost all his WRs is made up. Jeffrey has been to a Pro Bowl and played 10 games. Ertz is the best TE in the game and he played 15 games. Agholor played 11 games, Goedert 15. Miles Sanders and their 2nd round pick at WR played all 16 games. Its Philly fan fiction that he was throwing to his practice squad all season.

Gallup missed games for Dallas and if Cooper was as wimpy as Wentz he would only have been on the field for 3 or 4 games. Instead he played through his injuries.

Swagger

Reaction score
Was Bradley Weeden the guy who backed Teddy Romo or Tanner Aikman?

You might want to think about Dak's winning record, leadership and improvement over time.

The old leadership argument. Give me strength.

Surely a true leader would take less money in the most expensive position to provide the team with the best chance of winning?

He has arguably had the most favourable conditions on offense over the past four seasons than any other quarterback in the league.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Surely a true leader would take less money in the most expensive position to provide the team with the best chance of winning?

LOL! Show me one NFL QB who had less than 200 Million dollars in the bank that "took less money". I'll wait.

kskboys

Reaction score
LOL! Show me one NFL QB who had less than 200 Million dollars in the bank that "took less money". I'll wait.
Tom Brady. His first big contract was 5 yrs/30.52 mil. Drew Bledsoe had previously signed a deal for 10 years/103 mil. That was in 2002. Big bargain, before 200 mil and before Gisele.
And the next one too. 2005, Brady signed a 6 yr/60 mil contract. PManning had previously signed a 7 yr/98mil contract.

Brady met Gisele in 2006 and married her in 2009.

Adreme

Reaction score
Tom Brady. His first big contract was 5 yrs/30.52 mil. Drew Bledsoe had previously signed a deal for 10 years/103 mil. That was in 2002. Big bargain, before 200 mil and before Gisele.
And the next one too. 2005, Brady signed a 6 yr/60 mil contract. PManning had previously signed a 7 yr/98mil contract.

Brady met Gisele in 2006 and married her in 2009.

Tom Brady in 2010 signed a contract to make him the highest paid player in the league. By this point he had proven himself to be worthy of that and did not offer a discount. When he signed THAT deal he had not shown anything yet. He had just taken over for Bledsoe and while looking okay, was not TOM BRADY yet. So they signed him before he could become that and was smart business by the Pats.