Ryan Tannehill Signs - 4 Years, each year 29MM, 23MM Guaranteed

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Pft. Has a Cinderella season and gets hefty pay raise. Just like Wentz' Cinderella season when he took Egals to 13-3 & Egals gave him the hefty pay raise even though he didn't take one snap that season in the playoffs. Goff had Cinderella season when refs turned blind eye to a pass interference call vs Saints & allowing Rams to advance to Superbowl.

He gets hefty pay raise. What have Goff & Wentz done since? Dak takes Dallas to two playoffs (has 13-3 record as well) wins one with a lousy coaching staff & yet some think he shouldn't get a pay raise. Tannehill will join Goff & Wentz in the "what have you done for me lately category". :rolleyes:

817Gill

Reaction score
There's the market. $30 million for Ryan Tannehill? :muttley:
People really thought Tannehill and Bridgewater would be 20-25M guys lol. A starting QB on the market is gonna command 28-29+, now it’ll be 30

“There are no reports that he’s getting that much” lol simple forecasting of the market will do the trick fellas

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I saw tannehill not get scared when down 32-27 at KC during the regular season in the 4th and led to a 35-32 win.
But did you see him beat the Ravens throwing for 88 passing yards? Yes or no?

Skill positions..

Protection and schemes make QBs great.. Skill players are a distant 2nd and the guys you listed are 3rd rate skill guys anyways.
SMH......so you wanted Tanenhill to have a All Pro team all around him?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
What am I missing with this? It looks like great value..
I think everyone is thinking of the Miami Tannehill who turned into a punch line (you know how the internet is) and don't realize how good he was in Tennessee.

Yes, he had a great running back to help him out, but so does Dak.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think everyone is thinking of the Miami Tannehill who turned into a punch line (you know how the internet is) and don't realize how good he was in Tennessee.

Most of us watched him in the playoffs and saw his defense and running game carry him. And that's fine. I'm not one of these guys that knocks a guy for having help. I saw Aikman have plenty of help. But I didn't see Dak have nearly that help.

I'm not one of these guys that overrates our talent. People still hold Dak's supporting cast in high regard because they won 13 games in 2016. No matter how good they were in the past they sucked last year.

John813

Reaction score
Yeah Tannenhill played with some bums.....

Jay Ajayi, Kenyan Drake and Damien Williams......Jay Ajayi went on to start for the Eagles at running back and win a ring with them....Damien Williams went on to start at running back for the Chiefs and win a Super Bowl....Kenyan Drake is the starting running back for the Cardinals lol.....what trash that is.

And don't let me get started at receiver.....

Jarvis Landry, Kenny Still and Davante Parker.......OH THE HORROR!!!!!!!

Jay Ajayi was good in 2016, but was quickly thrown in Gase's doghouse in 2017 and subsequently traded. Remember, he had 3 200 yard games which propped up his totals but had games where he couldn't get anything going. Both shared the blame there. Kenyan Drake took over, finished his rookie year strong but after that never could win over the RB spot/load. Can't tell you why. Damien Williams was mishandled by Gase, but excelled in a pass catching role. Why Gase let him go is a mystery into Gase's ego.

However, the elephant in the room with those three guys was the lack of a offensive line, which always found ways to see their top guys injured. Pouncey couldn't stay healthy, Brandon Albert as well. Tunsil got injured in the shower his rookie year and missed games IIRC. James(RT) was good, but health was always an issue for him. And their depth wasn't XSF or Looney. It was early 2000's Cowboys line bad.

The year Ajayi blew up the line was actually healthy for a good stretch. But outside of that year, the offensive line struggled to open holes, leaving most games with an ineffective run game.
Gase was also quick to abandon the run game and used short passing as a substitute at times.
2016 was Tannehills best year stats wise, combining TDs, Ints and yards, and that was due to actually having a run game that was threatening.

Landry was the beneficiary of Gases offense, taking in a lot of passes from -5 to 10 yards from LOS. He was good, along with Stills.
However, mentioning Parker is not right while Tannehill was there. He was soft and mentally checked out most years there and had his career year this past year. He wasn't a factor while playing for Gase.

On paper that team had talent, but their downfall was always the offensive line.

A few years back it was reported Tannehill pissed blood after a game after getting whacked repeatedly.

JBS

Reaction score

Everybody knows he was pretty good in Tennessee.

He isn't better than Dak. And the fact that he's getting 30m, tells you all you need to know about what Dak would get on the open market.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Watch him play.. They’re very similar..[/QUOTED

I don’t see the similarities. I think Dak is a better Qb and almost anyone who’s both players would tell you that. Doesn’t mean that Dak is a top 5 QB but this is the market you have to deal with. Tannehill wasn’t worth that deal and Dak won’t be worth the one he ultimately signs. But the cap increases this yes and next means there is no way any QB is going to move much if they feel they are in a position of leverage.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Everybody knows he was pretty good in Tennessee.

He isn't better than Dak. And the fact that he's getting 30m, tells you all you need to know about what Dak would get on the open market.
I don't think he's better than Dak, or if he is it's not by much. I think they're about in the same class. Of course we need more data on Tannehill, because half a season in a good environment isn't much to go on.

And I have no doubt Dak would get a ton on the open market, and that Jerry will also pay him that ton.

Reactions: JBS

tm1119

Reaction score
Smart move by the Titans. Set the market before it’s set for you. Don’t let Tannehill and his agent see all the crazy $ spent on QB’s 1st and hold out for more.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
For the people saying we let Dak walk instead of matching Russell Wilson's contract (35MM per, 27MM per year guaranteed), look at what Ryan Freaking Tannehill just got.

Ok what that gotta do with not letting average Dak walk and draft a guy? I know they aren't but your post doesn't change they should let Alex Smith Jr walk.