Ahmad Dixon, S, Baylor

Height: 6'0”
Weight: 212 lbs

Dallas Cowboys

Seventh Round: 248th Pick

NFL Comparison: Johnathan Cyprien, Safety, Jacksonville Jaguars

IAmLegend

Reaction score
Was not a huge fan of his tape coming into the draft, but in the 7th round this is a great value pick. Can't complain at all.

He's a big hitter who gets lost in coverage at times. He's too aggressive in wanting to lay the wood and make the big play which leads to him playing out of position. But IF he can improve on those things, he could be a real steal in the 7th.

ghst187

Reaction score
Saw mocks with him in the third round, I saw quite a few of his college games, very happy with this pick.
I'm guessing this one of our starting S's before the season is over.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Height: 6000
Weight: 212
40 Yrd Dash: 4.48
20 Yrd Dash: 2.60
10 Yrd Dash: 1.59
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 14
Vertical Jump: 34
Broad Jump: 09'03"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.39
3-Cone Drill: 7.28

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Great value in the 7th.

Yep. Big time value/upside. Can play free or strong, plays a lot faster than his combine numbers, plays with emotion...kind of like a Ray Lewis in the secondary. Also hits like a freight train and tries to hurt people when he hits them. Good nose for the ball/ball skills, tries to strip the football.

Good player, but never really jumped out as a "wow" player...lots of potential though. Should push Heath, Hamilton (gg, cousin) and Matt Johnson off the roster.

reddyuta

Reaction score
he is a SS,i think he be a a starter down the road and a core special teamer immediately,just needs to cut down on unnecessary hits.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Ahmad was blowing people up in every Baylor game I watched.

I think he could be a very good nickel linebacker to start, eventually transition to a safety spot when he improves in coverage.