S Ahmad Dixon

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Was not a huge fan of his tape coming into the draft, but in the 7th round this is a great value pick. Can't complain at all.

He's a big hitter who gets lost in coverage at times. He's too aggressive in wanting to lay the wood and make the big play which leads to him playing out of position. But IF he can improve on those things, he could be a real steal in the 7th.

I was gonna say the clips above have a lot of action around the line of scrimmage, not so much deep down the field. Hopefully he can improve. Dallas desperately needs somebody who can play the safety effectively.

Hoofbite

Reaction score

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
He actually played the rover in the Bears 4-2-5 defense before moving back to safety this last year so the idea isn't that far fetched.

That's just an additional safety on the field, not a linebacker. The responsibilities are very different.

I'm not taking a 6 foot, 205 pound safety and asking him to stack and shed pulling guards on a screen play out of the nickel. That's absurd.

coult44

Reaction score
That's big coming from someone who doesn't know jack.

I'm pretty confident in my knowledge of Jack.............I'm a huge Jack Bauer fan...I eat wayyyyyyy too much Jack In The Box........Jack Black is very underrated.............And, I still think Jack Tatum was one of the hardest hitters in NFL history............

You take yourself way to serious big guy...Trolling and bating is a big no-no here at CZ......

Nirvana

Reaction score
On The Fan they were saying he is a likely special teams ace to replace McCray. I'll be curious to see how he does on defense. Love how hard he hits.

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
I really wanted him late in the draft, also I can't understand why Chris Davis from Auburn had no takers.....

Cowboysfan570

Reaction score
Dixon didn't have the test scores or grades to make it into a state D1 school. Baylor claimed he was learning disabled and got him in. No doubt he's an athlete. But there is a reason he almost went undrafted with all those skills. He's right on the verge of being unable to learn. Curious to see what his wonderlic score was. I wouldn't get too excited.

Lots of possible reasons for that. Having a learning disability is one of them, being bored is another, having a bad home life is another still. I'm not saying for sure it was any of those, but I wouldn't place any real weight on high school grades as a guy who graduated in the bottom 25% of my high school class and the top 10% of my college class.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
Lots of possible reasons for that. Having a learning disability is one of them, being bored is another, having a bad home life is another still. I'm not saying for sure it was any of those, but I wouldn't place any real weight on high school grades as a guy who graduated in the bottom 25% of my high school class and the top 10% of my college class.

Yeah, I'm not meaning to insult the young man. There is a reason he blows so many coverages, there is a reason a guy with those measurables fell to alomost undrafted status, and there was a reason Baylor had to submit that he had a learning disability to get him into school. Possibly his wonderic score rivaled Mo Claiborn's too. It would be scary having both Mo who scored a 4, and Dixon who may have scored the same, in our backfield. I would love it if he makes it.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
I heard he had a recent assault charge that was dismissed ( like Quarrles??)

Anyway, I'm pulling for him...his radio interview was touching. Talked about his late mom being die hard cowboy fan, teachers and coaches telling him he would never amount to anything. Etc.

Don't usually get to personally moved but you could hear it in him. He really wants to prove something. Hopefully he can

Big D

Reaction score
I like this kid already.

Let's get back to banging!

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
All his hits are necessary. He plays with anger and aggression, something everyone here allegedly claims they want. I love it. He blows dudes up like its nothing.

hey, i only follow college football casually and seldom pay attention to the games unless the longhorns are on. but i do watch reviews and after the game highlights. i'm one of the bad ones about using kipers list to see how overall players rank and then when we talk about them in here, so look up more about the given player and try to educate myself more on:

1. what system are we running
2. what type of players do we need for given system
3. are the players being talked about high on the list or a fit for our system? (this is a mixed bag of monkey poo to fling)

but it's how i roll. hitchens confused the bejeebers out of me but i went and looked it up and thought "ok, could be a good pick" but most players after the first few rounds, i simply don't know much about. that's why i loved the day by day threads where with my filters on i could get good info from people who talk objectively, not to say "hey i'm talking hush" type attitude.

sounds like we did very well with our 7th round comps and picked up some great UDFA's.

i won't get too mired in debates of how bad or how well we did cause i'm not a member of the IGS. i know it will take time for things to play out and i also won't reference the past to predict too much of the future. we've made some major changes in how we draft, let's let the results speak, not the past.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not meaning to insult the young man. There is a reason he blows so many coverages, there is a reason a guy with those measurables fell to alomost undrafted status, and there was a reason Baylor had to submit that he had a learning disability to get him into school. Possibly his wonderic score rivaled Mo Claiborn's too. It would be scary having both Mo who scored a 4, and Dixon who may have scored the same, in our backfield. I would love it if he makes it.

Mo just signed his name and walked out. He has a reading disability and i put that score in the same category as a player who declines to do the shuttle as in he had no score.

That is a different animal than just a general learning disability. I have no idea what this kids issue is in that regard. i do know that he comes from a broken home sleeping from house to house. I will root for him that is sure. The best stories are the ones where guy like him overcome all of that to succeed.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Right. I struggled to even make it out of high school but graduated in college in 3 years. I found college to be easier not because of the work but the speed catered more to the way I learned. I just would be careful on assuming a guy can't learn because of grades or a wonderlic score or whatever.