Sack Record (Season)

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister;2495418 said:
I think it's Harvey Martin with 22 but they didn't keep official sack records back then.

Harvey Martin with 23. Mickey spagnola was talking about that earlier on The Ticket.
I think it was 1977 he said.
Of Deacon Jones will claim he had more, which he may well have.

BigDinAZ

Reaction score
gmoney112;2496131 said:
Flacco better bring his running shoes

Flacco has been sacked 25 times this season for a loss of 233yds... Which is the 4th most lost yds by a QB in the NFL. The boy does not know how to throw it away!!

DR.WARE

Reaction score
dware should of had a sack against mcnabb in the first game but o well ware will get another chance

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Biggems;2495485 said:
http://www.nfl.com/history/randf/records/def/sacks

here you go...now this is misleading, cause sacks weren't recorded for most of the history of the NFL.....who knows what the sack records would be if they had been.

5 = most seasons leading league in sacks, Raiders (we have 4, we tie them if we keep our pace this season)

72 = most sacks in a season, Chicago

12 = most sacks in a game, Dallas has done this twice
1.I believe that if Wade had taken over the defense from the beginning of the season, we could be looking at a record breaking season.

2.Ware will be a rich man, no doubt.

3.McNabb was lucky the first time we met, Ware had him at least 3 times and McFlabb squirmed out of it, he won't be so lucky this time.

4.One thing to remember is, obvioulsy the reason our sack numbers are going out the roof is Newman back on defense, Henry playing some FS and Hamlin playing some SS, the emergence of Scandrick and Jenkins, Davis & even Ball. This secondary is playing lights out, even with the zone.

5.Our defense is definitely championship caliber, I said this at the beginning of the year. If we can find a way to get to the passer consistantly, we can win the SB, and I stand by it.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister;2495391 said:
He may have taken a dive but what do you want him to do? Get hit? He hasn't played all those games in a row by being stupid.

And for the record I am not a Farve fan.

He didn't have to do either, if he hadn't changed the play to a naked boot to Strahan's side and not told the rest of the offense, he wouldn't have been sacked, or hit. Favre gift wrapped that puppy for Strahan, and it was pa-thetic.

COfWaBnOY

Reaction score
Without a question TNew being back has help .... 4 Int's in the last 5 games .... I guess that's a duet I hear singing ... SHOW US DA MONEY!!

Ren

Reaction score
After next week he'll be 1 sack away :cool:

Ware will get this

COfWaBnOY

Reaction score
Wk 1 @ Cle - 1
Wk 2 Phi - 1
Wk 3 @ GB - 1
Wk 4 Was - 1
Wk 5 Cin - 1
Wk 6 @ Ari - 1
Wk 7 @ StL - 3
Wk 8 TB - 0
Wk 9 @ NYG - 1
--- BYE ---
Wk 11 @ Was - 1
Wk 12 SF - 1
Wk 13 Sea - 3
Wk 14 @ Pit - 1
Wk 15 NYG - 3
Wk 16 Bal - ?? Given up 25
Wk 17 @ Phi - ?? Given up 18

Eskimo

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows what is the record for most games with a sack - Ware could have 15 games with a sack by the end of the year which may be some sort of a mark for consistency. Pass rushers are notoriously streaky, feast/famine type players.

COfWaBnOY

Reaction score
Eskimo;2497972 said:
I was wondering if anyone knows what is the record for most games with a sack - Ware could have 15 games with a sack by the end of the year which may be some sort of a mark for consistency. Pass rushers are notoriously streaky, feast/famine type players.

AS per NFL.com ...

Most Consecutive Games, Sack 10 Simon Fletcher, Denver, Nov. 15, 1992-Sept. 20, 1993

Which DWare tied with the last three games of '07 and the first seven of this year. If not for TB he would be looking at 18 in a row!!

... '07 ...

Wk 15 Phi - 1
Wk 16 @ Car - 2
Wk 17 @ Was - 1

COfWaBnOY;2497701 said:
... '08 ...
Wk 1 @ Cle - 1
Wk 2 Phi - 1
Wk 3 @ GB - 1
Wk 4 Was - 1
Wk 5 Cin - 1
Wk 6 @ Ari - 1
Wk 7 @ StL - 3
Wk 8 TB - 0
Wk 9 @ NYG - 1
--- BYE ---
Wk 11 @ Was - 1
Wk 12 SF - 1
Wk 13 Sea - 3
Wk 14 @ Pit - 1
Wk 15 NYG - 3
Wk 16 Bal - ?? Given up 25
Wk 17 @ Phi - ?? Given up 18

The Panch

Reaction score
Im hopeful, but I dont see it happening. The Ravens pass it less than anybody in the league and we had trouble holding onto McNabb the last time around. Tho they did have 4 sacks as a team.

boyz04

Reaction score
Achozen;2495234 said:
How great would it be if he got it on the last game at Texas Stadium?

How great would it be if he sack forced a fumble and scored on the last sack for the record.:bow:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2495391 said:
He may have taken a dive but what do you want him to do? Get hit? He hasn't played all those games in a row by being stupid.

And for the record I am not a Farve fan.

You must be an aware of the fact that Farve and Strahan are close friends and Farve purposely changed the play without telling the team so that he could let Strahan break the record.

What Farve did was cheapen the game and cheapen records that are very hard to earn. It was disrespectful of him to do not only for the players, his teammates, the NFL itself, but also the fans.

..and I AM a Farve fan.

joseephuss

Reaction score
COfWaBnOY;2496411 said:
Without a question TNew being back has help .... 4 Int's in the last 5 games .... I guess that's a duet I hear singing ... SHOW US DA MONEY!!

Didn't Newman get a new contract last year?