Sacred Cows

cowboyrock

Benched
Reaction score
mmohican29;2207966 said:
This is a rant. I readily admit to it. But it's my right to rant and I am exercising it.

While I am not overly concerned with our preseason performance, I do think this team babies its players far far too much.

There is no reason why Felix Jones, Mike Jenkins or Adam Jones should not be returning kickoffs. I'm tired of protecting our most dangerous players. The entire reason they are in the NFL is because of their various skill sets.

I think when you say ... I don't want to get so and so hurt returning kicks, it creates a mindset of entitlement. I dunno- it just bugs me that we as fans wait on baited breath to see if we trot our high priced rookies who haven't proven anything will field a kickoff in a football game.

I'm not saying risk a guy like Terence Newman doing it, but if these other players get hurt, they get hurt. It's not like not returning punts has kept Newman healthy all this time, correct? Let's let our players play please and let the chips fall where they may.
Right on the money. Jerry and Wade are being stupid about this.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
silverbear;2208039 said:
Over the years, I've learned that sacred cows taste just as good as any other... you just have to use the right barbeque sauce...

Really? I've found em to be a bit gamey.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Royal Laegotti;2209152 said:
Randy Galloway??? Is that you???:laugh2:

That kind of talk will get you mauled by a bear... I've got relatives EVERYWHERE... LOL...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Erik_H;2209483 said:
Really? I've found em to be a bit gamey.

Chacun a son gout, ol' buddy... perhaps you just haven't found the right barbeque sauce... try the Jack Daniels Old Number 7, it's extraodinary...

carphalen5150

Reaction score
dargonking999;2208614 said:
Why does it matter if Felix is returning kicks?

If play up to our potential, we're only going to get 1-2 kicks a game.

come Regular season Pacman will be our full time PR.

What is the point of the rant?
I very highly doubt we average only one or two KRs a game. You have the opening kick for the game and half...so that only leaves the opposing team with one score a game?

Ben_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Risking either of these players in the preseason would be just. plain. stupid.

We know what they can do and they've got experience and time to work on it in practice....

Why people think we'd throw our whole game plan out there for the world to see in a measly preseason game is beyond me, but it seems rather silly.