Sad confession of a Cowboys fan

TheHerd

Reaction score
When Dak scored, I had zero elation, zero celebration, zero excitement. The first and only thought I had was that he just lost the game. Even my outrageously optimistic wife could only muster a "maybe we can hold them to a FG."

This owner and coaching staff has taken all the joy out of being a Cowboys fan. And stop with the BS "go somewhere else" comments. It's been a lifetime of ups and down and I ain't leaving the brotherhood now or ever. I live in Patriot country for chrissakes, so if I wanted to be a bandwagoner I've had the best option on the planet.

It's just no fun watching this horse **** defensive scheme play out year after year, and no end in site because Jerry doesn't seem to care.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
When Dak scored, I had zero elation, zero celebration, zero excitement. The first and only thought I had was that he just lost the game. Even my outrageously optimistic wife could only muster a "maybe we can hold them to a FG."

I had a similar reaction. I don't think "he" (Dak) lost the game - he did his job. But I had no confidence in our defense vs Rodgers at that stage.

IheartRomo

Reaction score

This owner and coaching staff has taken all the joy out of being a Cowboys fan. And stop with the BS "go somewhere else" comments. It's been a lifetime of ups and down and I ain't leaving the brotherhood now or ever. I live in Patriot country for chrissakes, so if I wanted to be a bandwagoner I've had the best option on the planet.

It's just no fun watching this horse **** defensive scheme play out year after year, and no end in site because Jerry doesn't seem to care.

Same exact reaction here. Not even an iota of celebration - is was depressing really. 1:13 with this defense vs. the greatest QB of all time was an absolute game ender. It was a gut wrenching feeling.

Very sad state of affairs when that's the case.

Ken

Reaction score
The whole Dak lost the game by scoring a TD is assinine. I don't want to hear that anymore.

"You play to win the game!" Defense HAS to make a play. Almost did on Rodgers but he slipped away. This defense will get better this year...i have no doubt.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
The whole Dak lost the game by scoring a TD is assinine. I don't want to hear that anymore.

"You play to win the game!" Defense HAS to make a play. Almost did on Rodgers but he slipped away. This defense will get better this year...i have no doubt.

Exactly. You take the points. The only time you fall short of the end zone in that scenario is when you have the lead already.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We are just not that good of a team.
We are not as good as last years record IMO.
At the same time we are good enough on occasion to play against anyone and pull out a crazy win.

This team is so bi-polar it is maddening at times.

DFWJC

Reaction score

Luckily, nobody said that in this thread.
Of course you score the points.
Now passing the down before...that's another story.

kevm3

Reaction score
We stuffed the defense full of turds and when the pressure is on, we're expecting nuggets of gold. Marinelli's scheme wasn't great at all, but we also need to blame this fo who thought that we were actually going to get somewhere stuffing the team full of rookies, 2nd year players and mediocre players. Jourdan Lewis was a steal, but aside from that, the secondary is garb. Sean Lee is out and Jaylon Smith is getting spanked all game. It's really sad that we are wasting Dak and Zeke's relatively cheap contracts and dumpster diving in free agency. On the other hand, Philly invested in free agents to improve their weakness, which was the offense, and they look like it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Yep, its like groundhog day all over again. Garrett the moron continues to give Rogers too much time.

TheHerd

Reaction score

Sorry if my comments are not clear. I'm not saying Dak lost the game because he should have fallen at the 1. He has to score there. It's just that when he went in, I knew we had lost. Dak is the last one any of us should be complaining about.

This defense will NOT make a play. We'll be close, and there will be the almost comments. Unless the opposing QB or WR totally ***** the bed, I'm convinced as long as Rod is engineering the schemes we will not come out ahead at the end of a game when it matters if a defensive stop is required.

stiletto

Reaction score
The QB and offense shouldn't have to worry THAT much about the other team taking the lead with 80 seconds left. I think many of the QB's could score on our defense like that. Brady could definitely do it, heck if Dak was on an opposing team I believe he could do it against our Defense...easily.. it's not like Rodgers was a miracle worker, he's an amazing player but our Defense is swiss cheese mainly because of the scheme and some of the players like Jaylon Smith. It was an easy day at the office for Rodgers when he had the ball IMO.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We stuffed the defense full of turds and when the pressure is on, we're expecting nuggets of gold. Marinelli's scheme wasn't great at all, but we also need to blame this fo who thought that we were actually going to get somewhere stuffing the team full of rookies, 2nd year players and mediocre players. Jourdan Lewis was a steal, but aside from that, the secondary is garb. Sean Lee is out and Jaylon Smith is getting spanked all game. It's really sad that we are wasting Dak and Zeke's relatively cheap contracts and dumpster diving in free agency. On the other hand, Philly invested in free agents to improve their weakness, which was the offense, and they look like it.

We gave them nuggets alright, just not gold, not even silver or bronze.....just the kind of nuggets no one wants but fly's.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Yep, I thought the exact same. At best, I figured we were going into overtime.

Aven8

Reaction score
We are just not that good of a team.
We are not as good as last years record IMO.
At the same time we are good enough on occasion to play against anyone and pull out a crazy win.

This team is so bi-polar it is maddening at times.

Brain you just summed up Romo's and JG's tenure in a nutshell!

toto1939

Reaction score

Same here. I knew EXACTLY what was going to happen and actually didn't even bother watching the rest of the game, except listening to the TV in the background

toto1939

Reaction score
It's not ideal to leave 90 seconds for Rodgers, but if you get a TD, you take a TD. You can't game plan the clock and go "ok, NOW we'll score."
You can plan on Rodgers beating you if you give the ball back to him with 90 seconds and a time out. Even Aikman was saying DO NOT GIVE THE BALL BACK TO RODGERS. You stop your run at the 1ft line and go from there.