Sad confession of a Cowboys fan

RS12

Reaction score
There wasn't a point in that entire game where I thought they were going to win it.
Vegas gave GB 3 points and were practically begging people to take the Pack. I thought GB and Bal were the easiest picks on the board. Point being another Hotel rises on lost Cowboy money.

haleyrules

Reaction score
When Dak scored, I had zero elation, zero celebration, zero excitement. The first and only thought I had was that he just lost the game. Even my outrageously optimistic wife could only muster a "maybe we can hold them to a FG."

This owner and coaching staff has taken all the joy out of being a Cowboys fan. And stop with the BS "go somewhere else" comments. It's been a lifetime of ups and down and I ain't leaving the brotherhood now or ever. I live in Patriot country for chrissakes, so if I wanted to be a bandwagoner I've had the best option on the planet.

It's just no fun watching this horse **** defensive scheme play out year after year, and no end in site because Jerry doesn't seem to care.
Ha! Watching those 70's Cowboys teams..l expected them to win the SB every year and was shocked when they didn't. A lot has changed since then..sadly.

RS12

Reaction score
This owner and coaching staff has taken all the joy out of being a Cowboys fan.
Yep, we have been conditioned to expect the trap door to open beneath us at the end. Dont know how long you have been a fan but there was a time when we used to ruin people's day. This actually used to happen, I am serious.

haleyrules

Reaction score
same, my exact words were "scored too early, they're going to lose"

my wife looked at me puzzled and said "they just scored! GB only has one timeout!"
I said "just watch.."
Yeah. There is logic in that view. Have watched that play out many times, especially in Hockey. On the other hand its better than being down 21 pts to a Rodgers that's a certain loss.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Ha! Watching those 70's Cowboys teams..l expected them to win the SB every year and was shocked when they didn't. A lot has changed since then..sadly.
Man I miss those days. Today's young fans just have no idea how it felt to have the Cowboys constantly in the playoffs and have an organization you could be proud of.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Yep, we have been conditioned to expect the trap door to open beneath us at the end. Dont know how long you have been a fan but there was a time when we used to ruin people's day. This actually used to happen, I am serious.

I have been a fan since before I want to admit. My first exposure to Cowboys football was when my dad moved us to Texas in the 60s for a pipe fitting job. I have a bother and two sisters who were born there, two in Odessa and one in Corpus.

So I do remember those wonderful days, and the days when the refs seem to favor us as well!

bounce

Reaction score
You can plan on Rodgers beating you if you give the ball back to him with 90 seconds and a time out. Even Aikman was saying DO NOT GIVE THE BALL BACK TO RODGERS. You stop your run at the 1ft line and go from there.

And if you stop the ball at the 1 foot line and get stuffed, or turn it over - how's that look? You take the points, and you trust that your defense can keep the other team from going the length of the field in 90 seconds. Blame the clock management or play calling that lead up to it (fade to Dez), but don't blame them for scoring when they could.

If you need the points, and you have a chance at the points, you take the points. It's the same reasons teams rarely take points off the board if there's a penalty on a field goal.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Sorry if my comments are not clear. I'm not saying Dak lost the game because he should have fallen at the 1. He has to score there. It's just that when he went in, I knew we had lost. Dak is the last one any of us should be complaining about.

This defense will NOT make a play. We'll be close, and there will be the almost comments. Unless the opposing QB or WR totally ****s the bed, I'm convinced as long as Rod is engineering the schemes we will not come out ahead at the end of a game when it matters if a defensive stop is required.

I remember the first quarter Dallas scored a TD on their first time down. I was feeling pretty good. Went to go get a drink and came back and Roger was already on the 20 yard line going in to score. LOL Reality set back in.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
When Dak scored, I had zero elation, zero celebration, zero excitement. The first and only thought I had was that he just lost the game. Even my outrageously optimistic wife could only muster a "maybe we can hold them to a FG."

This owner and coaching staff has taken all the joy out of being a Cowboys fan. And stop with the BS "go somewhere else" comments. It's been a lifetime of ups and down and I ain't leaving the brotherhood now or ever. I live in Patriot country for chrissakes, so if I wanted to be a bandwagoner I've had the best option on the planet.

It's just no fun watching this horse **** defensive scheme play out year after year, and no end in site because Jerry doesn't seem to care.

Don't feel bad bro, I had the same thought.................."you idiots just lost the game, just like in the playoffs"

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Anyone find a clip of Garrett snorting yet? Hoping we can find something like dolphins OL coach out there. Any good photoshoppers v?