Sad State of Cowboys Fandom

landryscorner

Reaction score
The cowboys used to affect me a lot in my early years of fanhood. I thought those days were behind me. Yesterday I was mad all day. It did in fact ruin my day.

I need to reconsider this whole thing again.. maybe skip a few games. My wife knew to stay away from me and that's not ok.

Skip a few games....heck I've skipped whole seasons I haven't even watched a single game this season and my Sundays are great. You should try it.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
This is NOT an "I told you so thread." But the sad reality is that I'm not at all disappointed in the Cowboys season so far, because I've learned not to attach ANY emotions at all to whether they win or lose.

My fan relationship with the Cowboys has become very clinical. Like a doctor examining a patient, I try to make a correct diagnosis, and I DO hope for the best. But if the patient dies, I shrug, and move on. I don't have an emotional stake in the team's success or failure any more.

Between the horrendous officiating league wide, and knowing that the team has a ceiling short of a SB imposed by the incompetence of the coaching staff, which is imposed by Jerry, wins or losses don't excite or depress me much. I find it hard to care.

Most of the enjoyment I derive is black pill entertainment, watching the impressive new ways we screw up.

Watching Taco perform at Miami is hilarious.

Clown Team.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
This is NOT an "I told you so thread." But the sad reality is that I'm not at all disappointed in the Cowboys season so far, because I've learned not to attach ANY emotions at all to whether they win or lose.

My fan relationship with the Cowboys has become very clinical. Like a doctor examining a patient, I try to make a correct diagnosis, and I DO hope for the best. But if the patient dies, I shrug, and move on. I don't have an emotional stake in the team's success or failure any more.
I havent been this down on them since losing to the Va-giants in the playoffs

Turtle0986

Reaction score
I will admit that I get let down a bit when the lose, especially like they did yesterday, and get excited when they win. But no matter what when Monday comes around its done and over, they lost shrug it off and hope for better, a win then cool and look forward to the next game during the season either way. Its just a sport and as fans we cant change anything really about what they do or don't do, what happens will happen.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Honestly, I thought about that, and wonder if I even qualify for the term "fan" anymore. If it helps, I am uncritical of the Cowboys, and not angry at Jones, Garrett, Dak, etc. But I do lack "excessive enthusiasm." That is a true statement. Also, I don't root for any other team.

But honestly, it's not just about the Cowboys. The game has changed. The NFL that I loved would have seen Roy Williams in the NFL Hall of Fame for the punisher he was, instead of the "Roy Williams rule" outlawing his aggressive style of play, and relegating a player who made 5 consecutive Pro Bowls to start his career into an afterthought. But the NFL has legislated the brutality (and masculinity) out of the game.

Excessive litigation is ruining a lot of things (see California blackout, where an Electrical Power company decided that NOT delivering electricity to homes costs less than the liability of delivering electricity - just stop and think about that. It's like McDonald's deciding to stop making hamburgers.). The lawyers have ruined Football, and many other things that made America a great place to be.

So it's not fair to just blame the Cowboys. It's about the NFL in general, not just Jerry and the gang.
Comparing the California blackouts to the NFL? Seriously?

I’m sorry but the fans in Dallas deserve better than what has been served up by this ownership the last nearly quarter century. And just to be clear, my “emotional investment” faded about 12-13 years ago. I realized then how un-serious Jerry was about winning when he hired Wade Phillips then Jason Garrett to be his HC. Jerry could have chosen countless better qualified HCs but we all know how insecure he is with anyone else receiving any “credit” for winning.

If you don’t want to criticize the man most responsible for this team’s near quarter century of playoff irrelevance, that fine Jumbo. But IMO, the fans here have earned the right to rip the Jones Cartel for the mediocre product they have served up for so long with no end in sight to their lack of results on the field.

coult44

Reaction score

Any financial stake? Just for conversations sake.

Section446

Reaction score
I'm to the point where it's just not fun anymore. I used to live and breathe the Cowboys, they've sucked all the fun out of it.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
sports dont mean the same when you get older. fan used to come from fanatical but lets face it, we are more fanatical when we are younger.

us older people see the "product" not the team and thats what sports have become. dont be shocked, this is what the fans wanted. its easier when you are young.

now, its just a day, i get more excited if its not raining but any day is a good day and thats that.

Having kids brings a new perspective.

When I was younger, I would get so pissed I would throw the remote or punch the wall or start cussing like a sailor, lol.

Now that I have a young daughter, I cant be acting like a mad man when my sports teams lose. I am over a loss in like 10 min now.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
I have a best friend who is a die hard Cowboy hater. So when he used to talk bad about the Cowboys I just had to realize he ment more to me than they do. And that kind of calmed me down, from an anger/emotional stand point.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
5 good seasons out of 24 and this is what we get on here?

Geez fans are never satisfied. What more do you guys want?

lockster

Reaction score

I think this is called , disassociation syndrome. It happens to individuals after they have been hurt and abused badly. I'd say you have received this condition quote logically from the last 20 + years of garbage. I think I'm about there halfway. I have a horrible time trying to re-watch loses to diagnose the problems. I think this condition is about a loss of hope. :)

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I'm to the point where it's just not fun anymore. I used to live and breathe the Cowboys, they've sucked all the fun out of it.

I'm hoping for Boy Genius II to replace Boy Genius I. A perfect end to the Garrett Era.

For the lolz!

Blackrain

Reaction score
Honestly, I thought about that, and wonder if I even qualify for the term "fan" anymore. If it helps, I am uncritical of the Cowboys, and not angry at Jones, Garrett, Dak, etc. But I do lack "excessive enthusiasm." That is a true statement. Also, I don't root for any other team.

But honestly, it's not just about the Cowboys. The game has changed. The NFL that I loved would have seen Roy Williams in the NFL Hall of Fame for the punisher he was, instead of the "Roy Williams rule" outlawing his aggressive style of play, and relegating a player who made 5 consecutive Pro Bowls to start his career into an afterthought. But the NFL has legislated the brutality (and masculinity) out of the game.

Excessive litigation is ruining a lot of things (see California blackout, where an Electrical Power company decided that NOT delivering electricity to homes costs less than the liability of delivering electricity - just stop and think about that. It's like McDonald's deciding to stop making hamburgers.). The lawyers have ruined Football, and many other things that made America a great place to be.

So it's not fair to just blame the Cowboys. It's about the NFL in general, not just Jerry and the gang.

This is true football now is just a watered down talent diluted imposter of its former self.

The leagues rules and officiating designed for the snowflake generation have sucked every bit of excitement out of the game and provided a court room atmosphere with the fans sitting back waiting for the verdict of a flag to decide a scripted game .

IM out I will suffer through our games but as far as the rest of the NFL done wasting time on a has been event that parallels allstar wrestling