Sadly to say

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Out of all the dak bashing and Bryant weeping, I haven't seen really anyone posting threads or expressing excitment of the brand new Dak friendly offense that the cowboys have planned.

Imo this is what dak needs. He doesn't need a "main guy" like Dez crying in his ear making the young lad stressed.

Build around what suites dak best, and I agree with the FO on their decision to do things differently. They obviously don't want to keep doing what hasn't worked and alot of you fail to see that because all you cry about is Dez Dez Dez.

Sadly you guys are so used to mediocrity for so many year that you believe 800 yards, 6 td, and leading the team in drops is what you consider a can't replace player?
:facepalm:Not that serious.

They are doing something different and I believe dak will thrive in the dak friendly offense. Just because he didn't do well in the "dez based" offense doesn't mean he is a bad QB, esp when Dez help contribute towards the mistake.

Look what Philly did for wentz after a year of dinking and dunking. They even went back to see what wentz did good in college in order to make him comfortable and it worked.

I believe Jerry and the rest of the FO took that one of many examples as motivation to go another route, and alot of you are too freaking blind to see whats really going on right in front of you.

You guys are expecting the "dak to dez" dak, but the FO will give the fans the "dak freindly" dak.

I don't know about you but I am pretty sure "offense friendly" wentz was a hell of alot better than "dink and dunk" wentz.

Get over bad news Dez and hop aboard the dak friendly express.
:flagwave:

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Out of all the dak bashing and Bryant weeping, I haven't seen really anyone posting threads or expressing excitment of the brand new Dak friendly offense that the cowboys have planned.

Imo this is what dak needs. He doesn't need a "main guy" like Dez crying in his ear making the young lad stressed.

Build around what suites dak best, and I agree with the FO on their decision to do things differently. They obviously don't want to keep doing what hasn't worked and alot of you fail to see that because all you cry about is Dez Dez Dez.

Sadly you guys are so used to mediocrity for so many year that you believe 800 yards, 6 td, and leading the team in drops is what you consider a can't replace player?

They are doing something different and I believe dak will thrive in the dak friendly offense. Just because he didn't do well in the "dez based" offense doesn't mean he is a bad QB, esp when Dez help contribute towards the mistake.

Look what Philly did for wentz after a year of dinking and dunking. They even went back to see what wentz did good in college in order to make him comfortable and it worked.

I believe Jerry and the rest of the FO took that one of many examples as motivation to go another route, and alot of you are too freaking blind to see whats really going on right in front of you.

You guys are expecting the "dak to dez" dak, but the FO will give the fans the "dak freindly" dak.

I don't know about you but I am pretty sure "offense friendly" wentz was a hell of alot better than "dink and dunk" wentz.

Amen brother. All aboard the forward motion train! Let's go!

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I will say i am all for anything that makes us better, whatever that might be. But Witt needs to become very good friends with Dak,, since his arrival the team as cut 2 of the 3 most popular player... so.. guess who is next. :)

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
I will say i am all for anything that makes us better, whatever that might be. But Witt needs to become very good friends with Dak,, since his arrival the team as cut 2 of the 3 most popular player... so.. guess who is next. :)

Lol, trust me witten isn't stressing to stay here. That is one guy who has lived his football career to it's fullest. If anyone would be stressing where their next meal is coming from it would be twill.

He better be the one to be on the same page with dak, and learn to catch with those damn hands!

alicetooljam

Reaction score
Ill have no problem buying in when I see the "problem is fixed", just not holding my breath at the moment.

CIWhitefish

Reaction score
This all makes me really into the draft more so then usual. I'm excited to see where we go. The type of WR we get will tell you a lot about the direction of this team.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I will say I am glad that he won't feel the need to force it to Dez anymore. There were so many forced throws last season it seemed.

CWR

Reaction score
So you think our coaches will actually make adjustments and scheme towards Daks strengths?

I love the idea, but we will have to see how they execute. You know the same "beat your man" philosophy doesnt inspire confidence.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
:facepalm:
leading the NFL in drops****

but but but he's the all time reception TD leader for the Cowboys!!

GenoT

Reaction score

All good and fine, BUT...

Until we actually SEE our “brand new Dak friendly offense” achieve consistent regular-season success, you can keep on rubbing your lamp until you run outa wishes and you still won’t keep people from taking sides.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Amen! Well said, Sam!

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Amen brother. All aboard the forward motion train! Let's go!

Me too! People are free to criticize or write whatever they want. I could care less about what has happened in the past 20 years. This is a really good football team and we’re going to be in the thick of it this year.

We’ve got a young stud QB, RB, offensive line and defensive backfield. We’re going to add a stud linebacker in the draft.

I’m aboard the forward motion train too. We’ll slow down later to let everyone else on once they see the light. :)

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Oh oh watch out the Dak-bots got a new song and it goes like this....la la la the Dak-friendly offense will save us.
What is the dak friendly offense....cause the only one i see is running Zeke to the ground till he either burns out or gets injured,.
And then what?
You think those dink and dunk friendly's are going to get you TD?
We alrdy play the most boring offense in the NFL as our coaches know Dak is limited big time....might as well draft another HB and a bunch of off-lineman as our only hope is Zeke considering Daks throwing limitations.

Ya ya ya throw your ridicule comments at me now but i fear come this coming season most of you will be hiding from these forums as Dak will have proven once and for all that he is not qualified to lead us anywhere ...... Open your eye's Cowboy brother Dak is Tim Tebow in disguise.....

P.S. I don't hate Dak and im not a Romo lover just a Cowboy fan that is saddened that our fans are being bamboozled once again by Jerry and Co.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I haven't seen really anyone posting threads or expressing excitment of the brand new Dak friendly offense that the cowboys have planned.
The coaches delivering Dak Friendly this year are the same ones who delivered a Dak Friendly clown show last year.

Hence the lack of enthusiasm.

At least with Dez gone they will have to pick a new WR to throw to.

Yippee?

I approve of the move. I'm glad they did it. I think it will be an improvement. But I don't have grand expectations for the passing game.

The biggest Yippee this offseason was with Tyron saying his back feels better than it has in years. I'm reserving judgment, but getting him healthy would be a very big deal.

plasticman

Reaction score
There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that this "Dak friendly" offense was never anything new in the mind of Jason Garrett. He never wanted Dez Bryant anyway. In fact, like Belicek, he doesn't care much for the concept of a "superstar" offensive player, especially at WR. Such a player requires special considerations that often conflicts with a gameplan and detriments productivity. Concessions have to made in order to "get him involved", like "going to him early in the game".

Dez Bryant was a further extension of Jerry Jones's man love for the WR position, an obsession that has destroyed opportunities for success for decades. He follows in the footsteps of Terrell Owens, Roy Williams, Joey Galloway. All of these WR's either created controversy, destroyed future success when Jones sacrificed multiple future premium picks or turned the salary cap into catastrophic chaos.

The typical attributes of a "superstar WR" almost completely match Jerry's personality......confident,brash,cocky, the homerun hitter that ignites the crowd with the exciting big play.If Jerry could have picked the skills required of any NFL player, he would have chosen WR. He has constantly over-valued NFL WR's.

Jason Garrett wants team players that work hard, improve, love the game and fit the system. He wants good citizens.This is always how you can tell who won the debate on any draft pick or free agent signing. However, as long a Jerry Jones plays pretend football expert with the now 25 year GM vacancy, the Cowboys will continue to acquire fluff like Dez Bryant.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Oh oh watch out the Dak-bots got a new song and it goes like this....la la la the Dak-friendly offense will save us.
What is the dak friendly offense....cause the only one i see is running Zeke to the ground till he either burns out or gets injured,.
And then what?
You think those dink and dunk friendly's are going to get you TD?
We alrdy play the most boring offense in the NFL as our coaches know Dak is limited big time....might as well draft another HB and a bunch of off-lineman as our only hope is Zeke considering Daks throwing limitations.

Ya ya ya throw your ridicule comments at me now but i fear come this coming season most of you will be hiding from these forums as Dak will have proven once and for all that he is not qualified to lead us anywhere ...... Open your eye's Cowboy brother Dak is Tim Tebow in disguise.....

P.S. I don't hate Dak and im not a Romo lover just a Cowboy fan that is saddened that our fans are being bamboozled once again by Jerry and Co.

So on the old forum you were a Romo lover and now on this one you are not? Lol