Sadly to say

cwbyfn88

Reaction score
I will say i am all for anything that makes us better, whatever that might be. But Witt needs to become very good friends with Dak,, since his arrival the team as cut 2 of the 3 most popular player... so.. guess who is next. :)
Witt is next regardless. I think the team is trying to get younger

stiletto

Reaction score
There's nothing to be excited about, the team isn't built yet....

NotForLong

Reaction score
All good and fine, BUT...

Until we actually SEE our “brand new Dak friendly offense” achieve consistent regular-season success, you can keep on rubbing your lamp until you run outa wishes and you still won’t keep people from taking sides.
Lol. But releasing Dez makes this team Dak friendly? In what way? Comparisons to the Eagles has nothing to do with this team.

Especially when the head coaches are 2 different types of people. Eagles head coach listens and makes adjustments. The clapper is stubborn and runs players out of town.

Wentz has an NFL caliber arm .Dak IS a dink and dunk QB. I am confused. Your new found optimism steams from Where? A pipe dream?

NotForLong

Reaction score
Oh oh watch out the Dak-bots got a new song and it goes like this....la la la the Dak-friendly offense will save us.
What is the dak friendly offense....cause the only one i see is running Zeke to the ground till he either burns out or gets injured,.
And then what?
You think those dink and dunk friendly's are going to get you TD?
We alrdy play the most boring offense in the NFL as our coaches know Dak is limited big time....might as well draft another HB and a bunch of off-lineman as our only hope is Zeke considering Daks throwing limitations.

Ya ya ya throw your ridicule comments at me now but i fear come this coming season most of you will be hiding from these forums as Dak will have proven once and for all that he is not qualified to lead us anywhere ...... Open your eye's Cowboy brother Dak is Tim Tebow in disguise.....

P.S. I don't hate Dak and im not a Romo lover just a Cowboy fan that is saddened that our fans are being bamboozled once again by Jerry and Co.
Love this guy.
The Dak Bots got a song. Hillarious.
Winning. . . Lol.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Out of all the dak bashing and Bryant weeping, I haven't seen really anyone posting threads or expressing excitment of the brand new Dak friendly offense that the cowboys have planned.

Imo this is what dak needs. He doesn't need a "main guy" like Dez crying in his ear making the young lad stressed.

Build around what suites dak best, and I agree with the FO on their decision to do things differently. They obviously don't want to keep doing what hasn't worked and alot of you fail to see that because all you cry about is Dez Dez Dez.

Sadly you guys are so used to mediocrity for so many year that you believe 800 yards, 6 td, and leading the team in drops is what you consider a can't replace player?
:facepalm:Not that serious.

They are doing something different and I believe dak will thrive in the dak friendly offense. Just because he didn't do well in the "dez based" offense doesn't mean he is a bad QB, esp when Dez help contribute towards the mistake.

Look what Philly did for wentz after a year of dinking and dunking. They even went back to see what wentz did good in college in order to make him comfortable and it worked.

I believe Jerry and the rest of the FO took that one of many examples as motivation to go another route, and alot of you are too freaking blind to see whats really going on right in front of you.

You guys are expecting the "dak to dez" dak, but the FO will give the fans the "dak freindly" dak.

I don't know about you but I am pretty sure "offense friendly" wentz was a hell of alot better than "dink and dunk" wentz.

Get over bad news Dez and hop aboard the dak friendly express.
:flagwave:

:rolleyes: it's nice to know that yer' speaking straight from the thoughts of one's own self in what's readily perceived at a cursory glance in the * itch& moan quadrant of fandom as akin to yer' fellow forum members unable to navigate thru an open doorway & remain uninjured due to the black sackcloth of mourning bag over their head with the jettisoning of #88o_O

Good luck with that Avenue of perspective and may it serve you well in the future endeavors of winning friends & influencing your uncle !:rolleyes:
If you had really attuned into the Wentz's steady progression thru out his 2nd year his ' dink& dunk' was still about on par with season #1, what was implemented into simonizing his streamlined footballish streamlining was the offensive scheme of quick rub routes/ cluster mobbed 'pic' plays where Y.A.C. were being noticeably enhanced ,,,also, either he got a bit better in his long range deep kill strike throws ,,,and/or,,, his fielded receiver corp's tuned into his wavelength of weakness in it:rolleyes:
My tube sock of pennies are placed upon the lattero_O

Also,Friend!( I feel we're all friends around here even while engaged in trying to apply a choke- out submission hold upon those found to be of disagreeable manners & views with, on any given day)
Just where are these 3 to 4 mysterious" Dak Friendly" farce-cycle in thought&conception "Dak FRIENDLY" plays gonna be stolen from?
As it damn sure wasn't dialed up off from page #4 of that air Coryell attack Playbook the head coach has been fielding as most recently as the 2017 season:rolleyes:

This 'fish' ain't biting, as I can see yer' bobber,,,pal!o_O

( good post & a well written/ pom-pom thread all the same ,SOUPCAN:thumbup:

guess I'm pissed off at what's obviously gonna be a corkscrew up the bum draft reach for that non existent magical golden BB receiver is all:facepalm:)

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Oh oh watch out the Dak-bots got a new song and it goes like this....la la la the Dak-friendly offense will save us.
What is the dak friendly offense....cause the only one i see is running Zeke to the ground till he either burns out or gets injured,.
And then what?
You think those dink and dunk friendly's are going to get you TD?
We alrdy play the most boring offense in the NFL as our coaches know Dak is limited big time....might as well draft another HB and a bunch of off-lineman as our only hope is Zeke considering Daks throwing limitations.

Ya ya ya throw your ridicule comments at me now but i fear come this coming season most of you will be hiding from these forums as Dak will have proven once and for all that he is not qualified to lead us anywhere ...... Open your eye's Cowboy brother Dak is Tim Tebow in disguise.....

P.S. I don't hate Dak and im not a Romo lover just a Cowboy fan that is saddened that our fans are being bamboozled once again by Jerry and Co.
Do you ever relax? Every post from you is so stressful. I get it... I'm with you!
But seriously... Cowboys Football, in the End, is still only football.

conner01

Reaction score
Hard to be excited about something we haven’t seen
If it’s creative and gets guys open I will be excited
Only need a win and half the board will be predicting a championship

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
The sad part is not that we let go of dez, but that we let go of our best reciver while keeping Williams, Witten and Beasley who are even less productive.

Verdict

Reaction score
Yea getting rid of Dez and his crying should surely solve all the passes that sail over receivers head or dont hit them in stride to get some YAC.

Yeah. That happens when you are never in the right place at the right time.

Verdict

Reaction score
There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that this "Dak friendly" offense was never anything new in the mind of Jason Garrett. He never wanted Dez Bryant anyway. In fact, like Belicek, he doesn't care much for the concept of a "superstar" offensive player, especially at WR. Such a player requires special considerations that often conflicts with a gameplan and detriments productivity. Concessions have to made in order to "get him involved", like "going to him early in the game".

Dez Bryant was a further extension of Jerry Jones's man love for the WR position, an obsession that has destroyed opportunities for success for decades. He follows in the footsteps of Terrell Owens, Roy Williams, Joey Galloway. All of these WR's either created controversy, destroyed future success when Jones sacrificed multiple future premium picks or turned the salary cap into catastrophic chaos.

The typical attributes of a "superstar WR" almost completely match Jerry's personality......confident,brash,cocky, the homerun hitter that ignites the crowd with the exciting big play.If Jerry could have picked the skills required of any NFL player, he would have chosen WR. He has constantly over-valued NFL WR's.

Jason Garrett wants team players that work hard, improve, love the game and fit the system. He wants good citizens.This is always how you can tell who won the debate on any draft pick or free agent signing. However, as long a Jerry Jones plays pretend football expert with the now 25 year GM vacancy, the Cowboys will continue to acquire fluff like Dez Bryant.

That' hurts but there has been a grain of truth to that, at least historically.

zerofill

Reaction score
There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that this "Dak friendly" offense was never anything new in the mind of Jason Garrett. He never wanted Dez Bryant anyway. In fact, like Belicek, he doesn't care much for the concept of a "superstar" offensive player, especially at WR. Such a player requires special considerations that often conflicts with a gameplan and detriments productivity. Concessions have to made in order to "get him involved", like "going to him early in the game".

Man... that is a lot of credit given to Garrett. If he was thinking ahead, and that was always his plan... he has had a lot of seasons to see it come to fruition.

plasticman

Reaction score
Man... that is a lot of credit given to Garrett. If he was thinking ahead, and that was always his plan... he has had a lot of seasons to see it come to fruition.
Unfortunately, he has a handicap, the "help" he receives from Jerry Jones. Jason Garrett has shown an incredible amount of character in the way he has handled himself.He has had to compete with other opinions as to the needs of the team he was building. Therefor, the process has been slowed down.

Remember, prior to being named permanent Head Coach, Jason told us exactly how he was going to build the team and the type of players needed. He laid out his philosophy for acquiring the talent and specific rules he wanted to follow which included never overpaying for veteran free agents, signing your own good players, never sacrificing the future for the present by trading future premium draft picks, always attempting to acquire extra value, and open competition based on productivity versus any salary or experience criteria.

Also remember, Jason Garrett, a Princeton graduate, is the son of a 30 year veteran of NFL scouting as well as the brother of a former Director of Scouting for the Cowboys. There should be no doubt as to the subject matter whenever they got together for some family time.