Saints hire 3 coaches..none named Palmer

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Hostile said:
The link didn't work for me. What did it say?

Yeah, he has posted it 3 times and it has yet to work.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Saints pick up offensive coordinator

Advocate staff report
Published: Jan 28, 2006

NEW ORLEANS — The Saints hired former Rams interim coach Joe Vitt as linebackers coach Friday.

New coach Sean Payton also hired Doug Marrone as offensive coordinator and offensive line coach, and John Bonamego as special teams coach.

Vitt, who also will carry the title assistant head coach, took over in St. Louis six games into last season when Mike Martz was sidelined for health reasons and ultimately led the Rams to a 6-10 mark.

Before his promotion, Vitt was the Rams’ assistant head coach-linebackers. From 2000-2004, he served as Chiefs linebackers coach.

Vitt was the Packers defensive backs coach in 1999. He also coached linebackers for the Philadelphia Eagles and spent 10 seasons with the Seattle Seahawks.

“I worked with Joe at the Eagles and the one thing you can say is that his players always excel,” Payton said in a Saints news release Friday. “Joe has a tremendous amount of NFL knowledge both coaching the position of linebacker as well as serving as a head coach in this league. That is an asset that we cannot overlook”

Marrone, a former offensive lineman who played the 1989 season with the Saints, spent the last four seasons with the New York Jets as offensive line coach. Marrone spent the 2001 season at the University of Tennessee, where he worked with the tight ends and offensive tackles.

“Doug brings a wealth of experience from both the professional and collegiate level,” Payton said. “His leadership and success coaching the offensive line position make him an excellent choice to serve as offensive coordinator. It will be important that Doug and I have a close working relationship.”

Bonamego enters his eighth year in the NFL after a three-year stint with the Packers as special teams coordinator.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends said:
Just to be safe:

Not likely Sunday but between a 0-100% chance also could be Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. There is a 0-100% chance it will happen between Now and sometime and probably between the hours of 12 noon and 12 midnight. Odds are it will happen on one of the 12 months of the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nors
Palmer PC tomorrow or probably Monday

Palmer signed today - per ESPN. Details to follow.
Great Call Home Legend! You whammied yourself!:lmao2: