Saints McCalister, Smith, and Grant suspended for NFL's substance abuse policy

Boysboy

Reaction score
NFL's substance abuse policy. :bang2: They have to play Atlanta and Carolina in the coming weeks, looks like we can't depend on them!

Also-the Vikings 2 monster DTs Kevin and Pat Williams got slapped too, and Atlanta plays them in a couple of weeks.:banghead:

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/11147425

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Dreadnought94;2458007 said:
Took the league long enough though.
Why them and not Scott Kazcur (sp?) of the Patriots?

Oh right, the Patriots...duh. My bad.

Section446

Reaction score
Hostile;2458010 said:

Actually, I remember reading that he actually had a legitimate argument. Let me see if I can find the article.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
imo we now have to win out to make the playoffs unless Carolina just collapses and goes 1-3. Atlanta has to lose 2 more games with us winning atleast 3. we gotta beat Pitt this Sunday.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
This may throw the light back on GB and Chi. I think MN is not going to do well without their interior DL. But maybe they go on. I don't really care except I was hoping on some help from them and NO. Man, we gotta play our butt off.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Whatever. If we keep winning, we'll get in.

If we don't, we really didn't deserve to be in there anyway.

Section446

Reaction score
Here's something on Grady Jackson:
Falcons DT Grady Jackson successfully appealed his four game suspension for diuretics. It's not yet known why Jackson was successful in his appeal while the other six players were not. He recently filed a class-action lawsuit against the manufacturer of StarCaps.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
We're looking at the 5 or 6 seed.

If by some miracle Minnesota holds on to win the NFC North would that mean they'd be back in time to play us in the Wildcard round?

Boysboy

Reaction score
Hostile;2458025 said:

If by some miracle Minnesota holds on to win the NFC North would that mean they'd be back in time to play us in the Wildcard round?

Assuming the Giants are resting their starters in wk17(No, this isn't last year where their finale was broadcasted on 3 networks and they were playing a team going for an undefeated record), the Vikings, aside from the Atlanta game, have a cake schedule. They should win the North. Plus the Williams brothers should be back and rested by playoff time.

Anyhow-the Cards should finish 9-7, so at 10-6, yes, they should be the 3rd seed.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Rampage;2458015 said:
Atlanta has to lose 2 more games with us winning atleast 3. we gotta beat Pitt this Sunday.

That's not necessarily true. If Atlanta loses to the Bucs and our only loss is to Pittsburgh (or Baltimore), we'll have the tiebreaker over Atlanta if we're both 11-5.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2458028 said:
That's not necessarily true. If Atlanta loses to the Bucs and our only loss is to Pittsburgh (or Baltimore), we'll have the tiebreaker over Atlanta if we're both 11-5.
that will nullify the tiebreaker they currently hold over us?

Section446

Reaction score
Hostile;2458025 said:

I would love to face Minnesota in the playoffs.

Section446

Reaction score
Hostile;2458010 said:

Well, this is all I could find:

On June 4, 2008 the Boston Globe published a story alleging that Kaczur had been arrested in April 2008 for illegal possession of the prescription painkiller oxycodone. Kaczur cooperated with the Drug Enforcement Administration, wearing a hidden recording device during drug transactions, in an undercover operation to apprehend the drug dealer. In September, the man who sold the pills to Kaczur plead guilty.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Another thing-it's not only the Saints pass rush that's nullified now, but Smith/Grant play VERY well against the run too. So their entire D, if anything, just got shot to ****.

Section446

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2458040 said:
Did Matt Jones get suspended yet?
Nope:

CBS' Charley Casserly reports that Matt Jones will appeal his suspension on December 4. A decision on the appeal will probably come within at least a week of Jones' meeting with commissioner Roger Goodell. Jones is expected to be suspended for three games, but the ban may not take effect until Week 14.