Saints sign Chase Young

blueblood70

Reaction score
Young is actually a poor man’s DLaw, in my opinion. He’s pretty good vs the run. He just never turned out to be a great pass rusher.
Dude I'm sorry but if that's what you think you're so far off dude tank is so much better against the run his effort just because he doesn't get a lot of sacks he's way better than young the man across the board if you look at analytics the hidden stats the block passes the way he stops the run and his pressures are actually pretty good that's young is nowhere near as good as tank a poor man's delon no youngest turned into Armstrong in power we got guys like that coming in rotations of #3 tank is a starter. Not that there is no doubt./...

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Wow $13m for him…thought he’d have to settle for something in the 7-8 range.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
really some of you really live under a Rock You call that a big time signing a guy who was a massive disappointment with Washington only spent half a season with the Niners and they knew he's not worth keeping I mean this dude he's a boss he's a very average player Armstrong was a better player than him.. This isn't a big time signing this is a role player my man they're paying a lot of money for a guy who's done nothing in the NFL we will get as much from Sam Williams as they get from him book that right now so can we stop overreacting,,, I mean is this nonsense gonna stop a complete overreaction to this signing you calling it big time you should turn in your fan card now...
Actually no one said it was a big time signing….what was called into question is how the saints who are in worse cap trouble than us are finding ways to spend money yet we are over here offering to mow lawns and shovel sidewalks for dollars and cents

Sydla

Reaction score
Actually no one said it was a big time signing….what was called into question is how the saints who are in worse cap trouble than us are finding ways to spend money yet we are over here offering to mow lawns and shovel sidewalks for dollars and cents
Bingo.

But the homers gotta find ways to defend Jerry and his stubbornness.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Bingo.

But the homers gotta find ways to defend Jerry and his stubbornness.
Yeah, I’m pretty much fair with criticism and overall optimistic but the front office effectively punting on free agency and slamming shut any chance they may have had next season to win a championship with the roster decisions so far is a joke.

Of course it’s a long off season and things can change, while it’s plausible it’s not probable.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Even the "cheap" free agents aren't going for cheap. I think the bargain pile the Cowboys are looking to shop in is only going to have broken items or recalls. I've been setting my sights on players like him, but it looks like they need to be adjusted to players we've never heard of instead of ones who have accomplished nothing.

blueblood70

Reaction score
this was Carsons post "So the team with -80 million dollars is now able to make big time signing

But we need to be convinced it doesn’t get better than Goodwin and Seig"

the one I actually replied to so maybe before you try to make me wrong you ought to read a little bit it did exactly say this was a big time signing I mean it's right there this is the one I replied to and it's ridiculous that every single signing we have to have a post about why the Cowboys didn't do it it's ridiculous absolute insanity y'all have lost your mind you're bipolar impatient you have no idea how to properly build a team yet you question how our front office does so when the entire league still has six months to put together a roster and I guarantee not one of them are ready to start a game tomorrow...

I mean I've been sort of keeping up with the league not every team from what I heard you know everybody wanted Derrick Henry right he goes over to the Baltimore Ravens I think they lost three or four starters off their offensive line they're yet to replace so if we're already too far out of the process to build a team and there ain't any good players left what does that say about the Ravens I heard the Buffalo Bills 9 starters work cut to save salary cap money you're telling me that they've all been replaced already??

It's rhetorical, please don't answer...

most of the league has not put together their rosters maybe 10 or 15 made moves that the Cowboys have not made yet but they also lost a lot of players as well and they're just filling holes and the Cowboys will eventually do so,​
there are hundreds of free agents still left, there's a draft ,still to come there are trades to be made and the last time I checked the front office has found a way to get around whatever this accusation is that they don't do anything in the off season to win 36 games, two division titles, three straight years they've gone to the playoff,s they've been to the playoffs 5 out of the eight years that Prescott's been standing healthy....​
and somehow in the division where one year there were three playoff teams, we're in a division with a Howie Roseman or whatever his name is with the Philadelphia Eagles who are very aggressive in free agency and somehow we took the title from them two times by doing nothing according to this place ,this front office is a bumbling circus, who this place states doesn't know how to build a team and yet we've taken the division from a team that apparently does the most aggressive and makes the most moves in free agency the offseason and around the trade deadline and somehow you all still our question then five days into the free agency??? With six months before game one??!!​
this is insanity we've done this before you've called it historically bad off seasons you named some of these off seasons only to consistently have a team win 12 games three straight years...​

Have to love all the experts in here the fake Internet gems that think they know everything that look around the league and think that The Super bowl winners have already been chosen by what they've done in the first five days of free agency it makes zero sense y'all are still venting from the last loss I get it but man keep your feelings out of this you do not know how to build a team properly you do not even know how to judge an offseason because apparently this harsh judgment is every offseason and somehow this front office has found a way to put enough good players on the field not only to win 12 games and make the playoffs three straight years win two division titles they're also having our rosters pillaged by other teams they literally are taking our bad players and literally our GM doesn't know how to get talent and yet our roster is being robbed of players on a yearly basis players like Dalton Schultz you just got a $12 million a year contract guys like them they draft and then they replace as a matter of fact they replaced it with Ferguson who I think is a better player but somehow you all think that the first five days of free agency if you don't sign a player on the fans list that it's all over back the future is already written and it's over....:facepalm:

khiladi

Reaction score
Imagine picking him over Herbert, when you needed a QB…

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
I know how this works

Zone: What?! The Saints sign Chase Young for 13M guaranteed?!! The Cowboys once again dropped the ball! :mad:

Alternate Scenario

Zone: "What?! The Cowboys signed Chase Young for 13M guaranteed?!! The Cowboys once again dropped the ball! :mad:

Creeper

Reaction score
Just think, the Saints were something like a billion dollars over the CAP coming into 2024 and they are still signing players for $13 million per year.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
this was Carsons post "So the team with -80 million dollars is now able to make big time signing

But we need to be convinced it doesn’t get better than Goodwin and Seig"

the one I actually replied to so maybe before you try to make me wrong you ought to read a little bit it did exactly say this was a big time signing I mean it's right there this is the one I replied to and it's ridiculous that every single signing we have to have a post about why the Cowboys didn't do it it's ridiculous absolute insanity y'all have lost your mind you're bipolar impatient you have no idea how to properly build a team yet you question how our front office does so when the entire league still has six months to put together a roster and I guarantee not one of them are ready to start a game tomorrow...

I mean I've been sort of keeping up with the league not every team from what I heard you know everybody wanted Derrick Henry right he goes over to the Baltimore Ravens I think they lost three or four starters off their offensive line they're yet to replace so if we're already too far out of the process to build a team and there ain't any good players left what does that say about the Ravens I heard the Buffalo Bills 9 starters work cut to save salary cap money you're telling me that they've all been replaced already??

It's rhetorical, please don't answer...

most of the league has not put together their rosters maybe 10 or 15 made moves that the Cowboys have not made yet but they also lost a lot of players as well and they're just filling holes and the Cowboys will eventually do so,​
there are hundreds of free agents still left, there's a draft ,still to come there are trades to be made and the last time I checked the front office has found a way to get around whatever this accusation is that they don't do anything in the off season to win 36 games, two division titles, three straight years they've gone to the playoff,s they've been to the playoffs 5 out of the eight years that Prescott's been standing healthy....​
and somehow in the division where one year there were three playoff teams, we're in a division with a Howie Roseman or whatever his name is with the Philadelphia Eagles who are very aggressive in free agency and somehow we took the title from them two times by doing nothing according to this place ,this front office is a bumbling circus, who this place states doesn't know how to build a team and yet we've taken the division from a team that apparently does the most aggressive and makes the most moves in free agency the offseason and around the trade deadline and somehow you all still our question then five days into the free agency??? With six months before game one??!!​
this is insanity we've done this before you've called it historically bad off seasons you named some of these off seasons only to consistently have a team win 12 games three straight years...​

Have to love all the experts in here the fake Internet gems that think they know everything that look around the league and think that The Super bowl winners have already been chosen by what they've done in the first five days of free agency it makes zero sense y'all are still venting from the last loss I get it but man keep your feelings out of this you do not know how to build a team properly you do not even know how to judge an offseason because apparently this harsh judgment is every offseason and somehow this front office has found a way to put enough good players on the field not only to win 12 games and make the playoffs three straight years win two division titles they're also having our rosters pillaged by other teams they literally are taking our bad players and literally our GM doesn't know how to get talent and yet our roster is being robbed of players on a yearly basis players like Dalton Schultz you just got a $12 million a year contract guys like them they draft and then they replace as a matter of fact they replaced it with Ferguson who I think is a better player but somehow you all think that the first five days of free agency if you don't sign a player on the fans list that it's all over back the future is already written and it's over....:facepalm:
Not even reading all that brother….but appreciate you’ve put more effort into the cowboys writing that than the front office has all offseason.

But he also didn’t complain about the cowboys not signing chase young…he complained about our lack of signings. What’s your metric for knowing how to build a roster- since I and others don’t know how? It can’t be winning playoff games or superbowls because than the cowboys don’t know how to do it either.

The frustration is that the front office is doing the same thing over and over that hasn’t worked. Winning 12 games is great, I’ve said that numerous times, it is something, it is not EVERYTHING. They should have added some more top talent to the team and they could have using even mid level players in free agency, so the team can 1) take the next step 2) not lack so much flexibility in the draft.

Replacing jags with jags is just going to at best make us as good as the team was this past season- which we know isn’t good enough, and that’s IF all the rookies hit etc. it’s a pipe dream. I’ll be rooting and supporting for them every Sunday but yes, it’s increasingly likely the team will take a step back next season or get lucky to be as good.

Take the cowboy underroos off and get realistic

Last edited:

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
After watching him in the playoffs, I can see why the Commanders traded him and the 49ers let him and that 3rd round pick go without an offer for 2024.

Reactions: JPM