Saints sign Chase Young

Cowboys93

Reaction score
So the team with -80 million dollars is now able to make big time signing

But we need to be convinced it doesn’t get better than Goodwin and Seig
They’ve been refusing to just accept the tank post Brees and keep restructuring guys to field mid teams. Cap has definitely caught up to them

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If he had drive, ambition & personal pride I would agree. But I don't think he does. Think he is fine with minimal effort for multimillion dollar deals and thinks they will just keep coming.
Well if that's the case he will be out of the league very soon. Teams don't hand out 1 year 13 million dollar deals too many times.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Well if that's the case he will be out of the league very soon. Teams don't hand out 1 year 13 million dollar deals too many times.
I don't think folks that have had this kinda hype & money thrown at them since he was a teenager understand that.

To put it into perspective, this one deal is equivalent to a person with a $100K\year job for 130 years. This year alone should set him up for life ... if he was smart.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Young is actually a poor man’s DLaw, in my opinion. He’s pretty good vs the run. He just never turned out to be a great pass rusher.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I didn’t think he’d get that much.

Every time I see the Saints I think about them trading a first for the DE out of UTSA and never getting anything out of him.
It's casting a bet on potential IMO. Somewhat similar to our trade for Quinn. Young gets double digit sacks, and walks as a FA, Nola might get a 3rd round comp. We were in line to get one for Quinn before a few signings dropped him down a tier. Still we got double digit sacks, and a 4th rounder for a 6th rounder

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It's casting a bet on potential IMO. Somewhat similar to our trade for Quinn. Young gets double digit sacks, and walks as a FA, Nola might get a 3rd round comp. We were in line to get one for Quinn before a few signings dropped him down a tier. Still we got double digit sacks, and a 4th rounder for a 6th rounder
I get the Quinn thing. Young is a never was though.

Aven8

Reaction score
This dude sucks. I’ve said it a dozen times on here but just go watch the GB divisional game this year against SF and you will see. The dude is Jaylon Smith.

JayFord

Reaction score
and if Dallas signed him it wouldve been "were signing journey men" or some other nonsense

Chase is a great run defender and an average pass rusher so far

i'd love to have him though but both teams hes been on have been critical of him not following the play calls and doing his own thing

JayFord

Reaction score
This dude sucks. I’ve said it a dozen times on here but just go watch the GB divisional game this year against SF and you will see. The dude is Jaylon Smith.
he isnt Jaylon....Jaylon follows the play that is called he just processes it slowly and by the time he knows whats going on the play is over

Chase is a freelancer...you ask him to set the edge he'll go after the qb

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
SF traded a third round pick for Young for 8 games.

Aven8

Reaction score
he isnt Jaylon....Jaylon follows the play that is called he just processes it slowly and by the time he knows whats going on the play is over

Chase is a freelancer...you ask him to set the edge he'll go after the qb
That dude flat out chose to make business decisions in that game. He’s a bum.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I don’t think he is close to Clowney. I think Young can barely play.
About right yeah. Just meant the high pick rusher that had can’t miss on him and ends up playing for every team in the league on one year deals, each one hoping the light finally goes on.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He's not worth it. Good for him and I hope he stops wasting his talent and puts in some effort but he hasn't so far.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
About right yeah. Just meant the high pick rusher that had can’t miss on him and ends up playing for every team in the league on one year deals, each one hoping the light finally goes on.
Clowney has had his moments of dominance. Young just sucks. It’s hard to believe he was supposed to be a star.

blueblood70

Reaction score
So the team with -80 million dollars is now able to make big time signing

But we need to be convinced it doesn’t get better than Goodwin and Seig
really some of you really live under a Rock You call that a big time signing a guy who was a massive disappointment with Washington only spent half a season with the Niners and they knew he's not worth keeping I mean this dude he's a boss he's a very average player Armstrong was a better player than him.. This isn't a big time signing this is a role player my man they're paying a lot of money for a guy who's done nothing in the NFL we will get as much from Sam Williams as they get from him book that right now so can we stop overreacting,,, I mean is this nonsense gonna stop a complete overreaction to this signing you calling it big time you should turn in your fan card now...