Twitter: Saivion Smith breaks hand

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

This is what we're down to at this point. I'm surprised they didn't just amputate it and send him back out.

The secondary has been ravaged almost as badly as the offensive line this year. The only difference being that the players we lost on the line were much better than the ones we lost in the secondary.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
This is what we're down to at this point. I'm surprised they didn't just amputate it and send him back out.

The secondary has been ravaged almost as badly as the offensive line this year. The only difference being that the players we lost on the line were much better than the ones we lost in the secondary.

I know people are laughing at this, but to me this demonstrates why you don't tank. There are players out there giving it everything they have. Maybe it doesn't affect the game, but it affects their career. There are guys that get bonuses based on playing time, based on wins, based on stats....they deserve the chance to earn them.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Right, since they do not get INT's who cares if the have hands.
Heck, since they body tackle and do not wrap up, just take the arms also.
:lmao:

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know people are laughing at this, but to me this demonstrates why you don't tank. There are players out there giving it everything they have. Maybe it doesn't affect the game, but it affects their career. There are guys that get bonuses based on playing time, based on wins, based on stats....they deserve the chance to earn them.

Because individual players are more important than the team.

HungryLion

Reaction score

I never expect the players or coaches to not try and win. I expect them all to try and win.

I just feel fine with the losses once it’s apparent that the season is over.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Individual players making plays and doing their job will help the team do it's job. There is no evidence that tanking will guarantee a better player in the draft than picking a few spots later.

The front office of a football team should only care about the future of the team and not irrelevant fan boy things like players reaching incentives.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I never expect the players or coaches to not try and win. I expect them all to try and win.

No problem there....our team is decimated by injury. I know we had time but Frederick retired, we have lost three Pro Bowl OL, up and coming TE, we lost a top 10 and probably higher QB. We lost McCoy before the season even started, we have been missing secondary members all year....LVE was out for a while. Throw in the coaching change, style change and lack of a real training camp and there are plenty of reasons that the team has underachieved. But it shouldn't be because of a lack of effort.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
The front office of a football team should only care about the future of the team and not irrelevant fan boy things like players reaching incentives.

The future of the team will be better off with guys playing balls out then deciding it is ok to just show up.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Individual players making plays and doing their job will help the team do it's job. There is no evidence that tanking will guarantee a better player in the draft than picking a few spots later.

You can play that game with anything in football.

Like paying Dak doesn't guarantee that we are not stuck in mediocrity with no shot of a Superbowl because of how much cap space he takes up.

Having a higher pick is a good thing.

John813

Reaction score

Bingo. If a player is actively tanking, aka sucking intentionally, he deserves to be cut. Same goes for a coach. But the reason we are losing is cause the players aren't consistently good enough to win and well I'm not sure some of the coaches we have are playoff level quality.