Twitter: Saivion Smith breaks hand

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The future of the team will be better off with guys playing balls out then deciding it is ok to just show up.

You must have a simple mind. Do you believe when a team is tanking they tell the players not to try to win?

How old are you? 12?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I know people are laughing at this, but to me this demonstrates why you don't tank. There are players out there giving it everything they have. Maybe it doesn't affect the game, but it affects their career. There are guys that get bonuses based on playing time, based on wins, based on stats....they deserve the chance to earn them.

Yes. It's easy for us to look at the team, say it sucks and want it to tank because we prefer better draft position (well, easy for some of us; I'm not one of them). But the players out there aren't trying to suck. They are trying to do their best, play through injuries, stay fired up. Frankly, a lot of these players will be returning next season and I don't want quitters on the team.

If we lose because we're bad, because we're too beat up to compete, I can live with that. The idea of tanking is not one that I can get behind ... but players are not going to do it anyway. They have too much to play for beyond winning and losing.

Teams can tank to an extent by playing young players like its preseason, but even those players are going to be playing to win.

blueblood70

Reaction score

JPP plays without what 5 fingers on one hand and that LB in Seatle NO HAND..id say a DB get soft cast on that should Play..they cant catch anyway LOL

but ill give him a nod for playing with broke hand..nice effort..that what 8 DBs that have bene injured and miss games this season or cut?

blueblood70

Reaction score
You must have a simple mind. Do you believe when a team is tanking they tell the players not to try to win?

How old are you? 12?
dont think get your point , i believe he was saying that but maybe its early and Monday..lol maybe im reading both wrong..

texbumthelife

Reaction score
There is no evidence that tanking will guarantee a better player in the draft than picking a few spots later.

There is no evidence that shows playing your heart out with a severe talent deficiency will lead to more long-term success than losing and having a better shot at blue-chip talent in the draft.

Teams don't just magically get better due to inferior talent playing with better effort. If that was the case, why ever dish out money in free agency when you could just bring up kids from the practice squad who will leave everything on the field? There is definitely no reason to pay Dak. Ben Dinucci will play his *** off every Sunday...

Wrong. Teams get better when they get more talent. And higher draft picks means a better shot at superior talent. You don't just magically turn the corner due to effort. Effort is what makes good teams great. It's not going to make a bad team a Superbowl contender in either the short or long term.

I completely understand people who are against tanking. I've been back and forth on both sides of the fence, myself. But, to insinuate players like Savion Smith playing hard puts us in a better position long term than high draft picks is just silly.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OMG NOOOOO! NOW THE SEASON IS LOST!

OIP.IKj6kSVd8e4h7sLCw9764gHaFT

Last edited:

HungryLion

Reaction score

How old are you? 12?

You seem a little on edge lately Risen. What’s wrong? Something bugging you?

Merry Christmas buddy. Tis the season.

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
Always liked Smith, but MAN, is he snake-bit or what? Reminds me of Matt Johnson, always getting injured.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Cut it off and rub it in the dirt. Keep going, don't be a sissy. ;)

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Individual players making plays and doing their job will help the team do it's job. There is no evidence that tanking will guarantee a better player in the draft than picking a few spots later.
You're kidding with this, aren't you?

Uhhh, tanking guarantees you the opportunity to select before other teams. Being able to draft the best prospects FIRST is much better than LATER or LAST.

Whether you draft the correct prospect(s) is another topic, but having the ability to draft much earlier than other teams most definitely is an advantage. Don't kid yourself thinking it doesn't.

Gaede

Reaction score
That's pretty awesome. Don't know if he's any good, but love the hustle