Twitter: Saivion Smith breaks hand

cern

Reaction score
The front office of a football team should only care about the future of the team and not irrelevant fan boy things like players reaching incentives.
when bean counters like howie roseman give it all to players like wentz, it doesn't bode well for the team. he was wise to take jalen hurts as he tries to fanagle his way out of his worse mistake. it possible to care about the future but blow it anyway.

cern

Reaction score
You're kidding with this, aren't you?

Uhhh, tanking guarantees you the opportunity to select before other teams. Being able to draft the best prospects FIRST is much better than LATER or LAST.

Whether you draft the correct prospect(s) is another topic, but having the ability to draft much earlier than other teams most definitely is an advantage. Don't kid yourself thinking it doesn't.
a bit machiavellian, but hard to argue the logic.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You know it's a weird season when players I've never heard of get hurt and I didn't even know he was playing. They need to at least play a couple of games before getting injured.

Reactions: G2

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
a bit machiavellian, but hard to argue the logic.
If I'm coming off as manipulative, cold or callous, I apologize. I simply don't understand how anyone can state how drafting later in any round is just as advantageous or better than drafting early in every round of the NFL Draft?

cern

Reaction score
If I'm coming off as manipulative, cold or callous, I apologize. I simply don't understand how anyone can state how drafting later in any round is just as advantageous or better than drafting early in every round of the NFL Draft?
i didn't say machiavellian was necessarily wrong. sometimes the end justifies the means.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
You must have a simple mind. Do you believe when a team is tanking they tell the players not to try to win?

How old are you? 12?
Says the guy with a running schtick that most 12 year olds would already have left in the dust

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Sure, picking a couple picks earlier gets you a better chance to pick the guy you think might be the best, but it doesn't mean he will be better than the guy picked 10 spots later. And to me it isnt worth telling guys to take it easy, to call plays that don't give guys a chance to succeed. There is plenty of evidence showing that it really doesn't make a huge difference to pick first or 5th. In fact, a lot teams at first take a player at a position that really isn't their biggest need or biggest impact. So we pick two or three....and take a QB. Chances are that isn't going to be an upgrade over Dak.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
You can play that game with anything in football.

Like paying Dak doesn't guarantee that we are not stuck in mediocrity with no shot of a Superbowl because of how much cap space he takes up.

Having a higher pick is a good thing.

Not saying it isn't, but it isn't worth tanking for. You play the game to win. Guys bust their ***** to get there...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Not saying it isn't, but it isn't worth tanking for. You play the game to win. Guys bust their ***** to get there...

You have to play the game within the game..

It’s very respectable to go out and win a game like we did yesterday.. It’s also very dumb.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You're kidding with this, aren't you?

Uhhh, tanking guarantees you the opportunity to select before other teams. Being able to draft the best prospects FIRST is much better than LATER or LAST.

Whether you draft the correct prospect(s) is another topic, but having the ability to draft much earlier than other teams most definitely is an advantage. Don't kid yourself thinking it doesn't.
Not disagreeing with you but it sure does seem like the best players in a draft come outside of the top 10......

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You know it's a weird season when players I've never heard of get hurt and I didn't even know he was playing. They need to at least play a couple of games before getting injured.
Last week he was painting stripped lines on the field, this week - cornerback. Only in America.

KeepinTime

Reaction score
Right, since they do not get INT's who cares if the have hands.
Heck, since they body tackle and do not wrap up, just take the arms also.
:lmao:
I say just send ‘em out on the field with a head and a torso on a skateboard.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That's because there are many more of them. Top 10 increases the odds of success, but it's no guarantee.
Well let's just look at the top 20 picks in the 1st round.....I won't do 2020 because its still early......

Let's look at the top 20 picks of 2018......

ab.png

cd.png

Mahomes is by far the best player in this draft at 10...but look at the value right behind him especially on defense? Especially on defense.....

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I would rather have this guy Savion Smith who is willing to play with a broken hand than Awuzie who is out 7 or 8 weeks with a hammy.

Awuzie was out longer with his pulled hammy than Diggs will be out with a broken foot.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Well let's just look at the top 20 picks in the 1st round.....I won't do 2020 because its still early......

Let's look at the top 20 picks of 2018......

ab.png

cd.png

Mahomes is by far the best player in this draft at 10...but look at the value right behind him especially on defense? Especially on defense.....
These graphs prove my point brother. It's better to pick in the Top 5-10 than later in the 1st Round.