Salary cap Hell

krs1bro

Reaction score
Ok from what I am seeing and please correct me..... How can you pay Dak 60 mil., CD 30-35 mil and MP 35-40 mil and field a competitive team. I kinda get the conundrum here with the va jays (JJ & Stephen). Do we trade them? What is the answer?? Me....not paying Yak top 10 QB. My take on WR is we can find some one to catch the ball, no offence CD but we have to field a competitive team here. MP.....not LT status by a long shot. Pouty and moodie.....just bust chops and play the game no matter what. and shut your damn mouth.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Ok from what I am seeing and please correct me..... How can you pay Dak 60 mil., CD 30-35 mil and MP 35-40 mil and field a competitive team. I kinda get the conundrum here with the va jays (JJ & Stephen). Do we trade them? What is the answer?? Me....not paying Yak top 10 QB. My take on WR is we can find some one to catch the ball, no offence CD but we have to field a competitive team here. MP.....not LT status by a long shot. Pouty and moodie.....just bust chops and play the game no matter what. and shut your damn mouth.
Focusing on football, your suggestion is that the team should cut or trade CeeDee, Micah and Dak …

and then spend that same money for different guys who are coming from where exactly?

Your comments seem like they aren’t really about the salary cap or player talent but rather emotion and your personal feelings.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Ok from what I am seeing and please correct me..... How can you pay Dak 60 mil., CD 30-35 mil and MP 35-40 mil and field a competitive team.
Other teams do this. There is a way.

You can manipulate the cap. The cowboys have just decided not to all of a sudden
In 2029 the Eagles are on the hook for $97m for Hurts......there is a way. The problem is that we're insistent on the strategy of being relevant EVERY year. which results in a franchise that's good (but never great).

The other issue is that we've been negligent in re-signing pretty much EVERY decent rookie we have and again hoping they play up to the contract.....sometimes you have to be able to vary contracts (lengths, structures) or even trade players.....rather than kick everything down the alley until we reach virtual Cap Hell (or at least Limbo).

We need a GM that: evaluates talent, is able to work out value and prepared to make difficult decisions (not based on being a friend of the stars and commercial reasons).......and that's going to be a Jones.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
when i read salary cap hell it always makes me chuckle.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Cavanaugh keeps saying the Cowboys will be in a worse cap situation next season but Fish says even with the Dak cap hit, the Cowboys will have 100 million in cap space. Which is it???? :huh:

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Every year the Salary Cap becomes more and more fictitious.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I love it. Had to share this with a few of my buddies
hey hey hey my friend, this is a family website, what you do with you and your buddies, we don't need to know about!!!!!!!!!!!!! See what the Playmaker is doing!

Redline360

Reaction score
I know we all joke about there's no such thing as cap hell but in reality we have seen it happen alot lately. However we have seen good front offices deal with it and rebuild teams in approx. 3-4 years and be competitive if not make it back to the superbowl.

Cowboys however look like elementary kids when it comes to stuff like this.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Well we have $70M in cap space next year and almost $260M the following year (well more like $190M because it includes the $70M rollover)...we'll figure it out...

shabazz

Reaction score
Of course this is all speciation but the only thing that is apparent is that they Won't be keeping all 3......one or two will be let go or dealed away.

We shall see...

jgboys1

Reaction score
Of course this is all speciation but the only thing that is apparent is that they Won't be keeping all 3......one or two will be let go or dealed away.

We shall see...
Agree. I believe at least one of the 3 will most likely be gone before the 2025 season starts.

shabazz

Reaction score
Agree. I believe at least one of the 3 will most likely be gone before the 2025 season starts.
Normally it would be Dak because of his age but then you see the value of a QB when the Falcons paid 200 Million for 36 year old injured Kirk Cousins.

Then, the FO has to decide if the team is at a point to win it all in the next 2 years because if not CeeDee may be let go. If the offensive line is a disaster, why pay a WR top 5 money?

Then there is Micah. This is the hardest one in some respect because he's the only one considered to have " generational talent"....... personally I see chhinkks in the armor and I see a mega contract as risky.

I'm gonna take flak for this but, I'd keep Ceedee let Dak go after the season, and deal Micah for a boatload of picks a la Herschel Walker trade and build this puppy over but ONLY with a strong new HC calling the shots

speedkilz88

Reaction score
The nfl/agents have already figured out the percentages of the salary cap a qb, wr, edge get. The salary cap keeps going up dramatically with new tv contracts. Forest Gump can't screw it up enough to prevent re-signing these guys.