Twitter: Salary Cap update

Loso86

Reaction score
I heard on 105.3 the Fan that Broadus was told by someone in the buying that the cowboys won't be spending much in free agency this year. So let's not get our hopes up.
They say it every year

Flamma

Reaction score
If we restructure amari and Lawrence how much more can we free up ?

Another 20+ easily. I'm just not sure they want to do that. Or they might want to do that next year to stagger these restructures. There is no way to tell. They might not want Amari past 2021.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How did Washington get so much cap room all of a sudden. Seems like they were always over the limit.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Philly is in serious cap hell. They are paying Winces Salary of 30 mil as he plays for another team lol..

iu

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
This is fake news. I was told by reliable sources (CZ members) that there is no way we could sign Dak and still have money for FA.
They have around $18MM after restructuring 3 deals. That’s not much cash to play with. That’s not all on daks deal, jerry has overpaid for a several players in recent years. They can still restructure other deals, but this is by far the cheapest year for dak, how much can they kick down the road?

hope I’m wrong but I expect a lot of C players that Dallas targets in FA.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I thought we were closer to $25 million under ($9 million plus the $17 million in restructures).

Bigdog

Reaction score
They have around $18MM after restructuring 3 deals. That’s not much cash to play with. That’s not all on daks deal, jerry has overpaid for a several players in recent years. They can still restructure other deals, but this is by far the cheapest year for dak, how much can they kick down the road?

hope I’m wrong but I expect a lot of C players that Dallas targets in FA.
You know I was being sarcastic

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Cowboys were $1 million over the cap before the restructures

OK. I just remember seeing posts about being $9 million over before the restructures, but Over the Cap also has us at $18 million. That's plenty to re-sign our own free agents and cover the draft picks, but if we want to do anything with outside FAs, we'll need to restructure Cooper or Lawrence or both.