Saleh on Zeke

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Don't understanding why Elliott and his agent didn't just contact those three teams privately, instead of putting out a "wish list" for everyone to see and know about?

Marketing my friend. If everything is done in private other teams out there might think they can sit back and play the waiting game. If you put it out there that there is interest, even if it's just lukewarm interest, then other teams who might be contemplating making a move are on notice. It's how the game is played. Zeke's agent seems to be pretty good at it so I trust he will get his client the best deal possible. And if no suitable deal is out there he can hang out, miss training camp and join some contender mid-season when an injury occurs. With completely fresh legs to boot!! Said contender might even be the Cowboys because I don't know if you noticed, but their new RB1 has gotten hurt two years running while playing less than half the snaps. Anybody here think he's going to become MORE durable with MORE workload on his shoulders? Especially if they start asking him to take more of those dirty yard runs and stick his body between Dak and an onrushing 260 pound heat seeking missile 10-15 times a game. We can probably already book it that TP misses at least 2-3 games next season. You think a guy who knows the offense and lives 10 minutes from The Star won't be the first phone call Jerry makes when that happens? If he's still available of course..

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Marketing my friend. If everything is done in private other teams out there might think they can sit back and play the waiting game. If you put it out there that there is interest, even if it's just lukewarm interest, then other teams who might be contemplating making a move are on notice. It's how the game is played. Zeke's agent seems to be pretty good at it so I trust he will get his client the best deal possible. And if no suitable deal is out there he can hang out, miss training camp and join some contender mid-season when an injury occurs. With completely fresh legs to boot!! Said contender might even be the Cowboys because I don't know if you noticed, but their new RB1 has gotten hurt two years running while playing less than half the snaps. Anybody here think he's going to become MORE durable with MORE workload on his shoulders? Especially if they start asking him to take more of those dirty yard runs and stick his body between Dak and an onrushing 260 pound heat seeking missile 10-15 times a game. We can probably already book it that TP misses at least 2-3 games next season. You think a guy who knows the offense and lives 10 minutes from The Star won't be the first phone call Jerry makes when that happens? If he's still available of course..
Zeke is gone, bro.

It's time to move on.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The whole league knows what took a couple years to figure out.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fresh legs?.? Lol…..I stopped there…

glimmerman

Reaction score
Just have a feeling that JJ had a deal in place with Elliot. We cut him he gets 6 million, then if he don’t get offered what he wants from another team we sign him to a new contract before the season for 2 million..

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
Had to ask.....becasue some of the same was questionable about him too.....oops, but TRomo is beloved, yet ringless too. My bad.
When is the last time we had a coach have to dumb down the offense for Romo like we have to do for Dak

Zordon

Reaction score
I see no reason why he should play the first half of the season.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Is that the same reason Ekeler and Henry are waiting for someone to grab them? Zeke is not the only RB looking for work.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think Zeke would make the top 100 RBs
Unless you're paying him to babysit Dak.:thumbup:

Big_D

Reaction score
Is that the same reason Ekeler and Henry are waiting for someone to grab them? Zeke is not the only RB looking for work.

Those guys are looking to be traded and the return will be significant. Zeke is a FA who should take vet minimum at this point. Very different scenarios.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some team will sign him, not for much but he can still play.
I don't think he will get a contract before TC. This is a RB rich draft with talent through round 5. So, nobody is desperate to pay him or take on his stardom which no longer matches his talent.

Now, he could be a late signing if he stays in shape and some team gets thin at the position due to injuries.