Sam Darnold. I would make a deal for him now

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I'd definitely look into Darnold. I mean, there is no guarantee that we get Dak signed. We heard this business all year, last year. "Dak will get signed", but it didn't happen and you just don't know. Dalton will likely get offers to start so I'd expect he will be gone. At the very least, we need to be looking at what our Backup Situation might be IMO. I'm not saying we can or should sign Darnold but we should at least be looking at the opportunities for sure.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Dak will be fine.

The fact that there is already video of him walking with full weight on his leg is a great sign, and reports are that his recovery is ahead of schedule.

Dak is better than Darnold or any of the QB’s we might draft next year.

I just wish Jerry would have paid him as soon as he was eligible for an extension. Jerry’s failure to do that is going to hurt us with the cap.

mardwin

Reaction score
I wouldn’t put all my eggs in the Darnold basket by getting rid of Dak and snagging him.

I would trade a 3rd for Darnold as a reclamation project though.

I see him going to the Bears for a 2nd. This team needs to address their line issues before they can think of a QB with their first 3 picks.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Obviously the Jets are gonna snag the #1 pick and probably land Trevor

They wouldn’t need Sam Darnold at that point...

Darnold is stuck on a bad team with a bad coach..

Who knows how well Dak recovers after that nasty injury.....I would trade Dak for a 1st and trade for Darnold

When you can go from one of the best players at the most important positions in all of sports, to one of the worst players at the same position, YOU HAVE TO TAKE IT!

Blackspider214

Reaction score

Who knows how well Dak recovers after that nasty injury.....I would trade Dak for a 1st and trade for Darnold

Sam Darnold was not that good in college if you watched. A new team won't mean anything.

FVSTONE

Reaction score

Sam Darnold is a bum and so is Wentz so why are posters coming out in favor of having these dudes on the Cowboys? Stop with the asinine posts!

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Ahhh....That'll be a NO from me.....Darnold equals a Young even worse Andy Dalton.

Havic

Reaction score
Josh Rosen is a dumpster fire full of burning team cancer. Hard pass on Rosen.

Funny thing is Rosen + Darnold are the same - NFL busts.

So if you had to make a deal - Rosen is on TB's practice squad while Darnold would require at least 1 high round draft pick.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I would do that trade. Darnold plays like Dak before he had anyone to throw to.......struggling to break 200 yards, and he outplayed Dak in their dual last year. You put Darnold behind this healthy OL and surround him with Zeke and our WRs, he'll put up numbers..........for a lot less money.

BlueStar22

Reaction score

Yall really would take a whole heap of trash QB rather than love and appreciate the guy that we have who is one of the best at the position. First Wentz, now this steaming pile of dung. What has Sam Darnold done besides about to go 0-16?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I'd be OK with picking up Darnold on the cheap to take Dalton's spot as the veteran backup next year. That's about it.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

I guess you like losing and like to be #1, meaning going for the #1 pick in the draft if you want to trade for Darnold. He sucks. he has sucked prior to this year. he has sucked for years.

I am sure people are going to say Darnold Beat Dak in head to head...wait for it...wait for it wait for it.................................................

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Do not be naive, me lad.
Jets need a "vet" like darnold to ease in TLaw.