Sam Darnold. I would make a deal for him now

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Sam Darnold was not that good in college if you watched. A new team won't mean anything.

That is right...those who think he is just stuck with a bad team and bad coach, need to look at his college career...he was giving up the ball there too. This guy is a TO machine. No thanks . He was just hyped up in college coming from SC...kinda like Mark Sanchez, Matt Leinart, Matt Barkley, John David Booty, Todd Marinovich..and all the others. The only decent one was Carson Palmer.

Verdict

Reaction score
Funny thing is Rosen + Darnold are the same - NFL busts.

So if you had to make a deal - Rosen is on TB's practice squad while Darnold would require at least 1 high round draft pick.
Yeah. But you are ignoring the Rosen CANCER factor.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yall really would take a whole heap of trash QB rather than love and appreciate the guy that we have who is one of the best at the position. First Wentz, now this steaming pile of dung. What has Sam Darnold done besides about to go 0-16?

Its not a question of appreciation. Its a question of being able to build a super bowl caliber team around the contract Dak wants.......not possible. If you think the Jets problem is Darnold, you aren't watching Jet games. They finally drafted a good OL prospect with a premium pick last year. He's still got nobody to throw to. Remember Dak before Amari struggling to break 200 yards passing ? Thats where Darnold is right now with far less talent around him..

dfense

Reaction score
I'll never understand why people feel the team should sign every failing bust another team discards. As if the player will suddenly not suck anymore.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Darnold would jump on a 5 year 100M deal tomorrow. Dak wants twice that right now.

Of course Darnold would jump on that because he is nowhere close to worth that.

I don’t quite get the comparison. Yes Dak wants more than Darnold. But he has also proven he is worth far more at this current time.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i kinda doubt that he’d sign a 5 year deal for less than teddy bridgewater makes
But money aside Dak is twice the QB

I disagree. Dak is an 8-8 QB with an offensively loaded roster. Only KC has more offensive weapons than Dallas. You surround Darnold with that kind talent behind a decent OL, and he would put up numbers too.

5 years, 100M with 40M guaranteed.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I disagree. Dak is an 8-8 QB with an offensively loaded roster. Only KC has more offensive weapons than Dallas. You surround Darnold with that kind talent behind a decent OL, and he would put up numbers too.

Dak has only gone 8-8 once in his career.. How does that make him "an 8-8 QB?" If you want to be accurate he is a 42-27 QB. But maybe you don't want to be accurate? Darnold is garbage who is about 6 weeks from joining fellow Pac 10 bust Josh Rosen surfing in Malibu. Dak had to break in a rookie OC last year who just started shaving and was asked to compensate for a defense giving up 36 points a game this year. Nobody's getting a ton of wins under those circumstances. But maybe you can help me with my question ..

List all the Qbs who have won championships with a defense giving up over 30 points a game..
Hell list all the QBs who have taken teams to the PLAYOFFS with a defense giving up over 30 points a game.

I'll wait..

conner01

Reaction score

Probably would use wins in your argument
Dak 41-27
Darnold 11-23

Verdict

Reaction score
Funny thing is Rosen + Darnold are the same - NFL busts.

So if you had to make a deal - Rosen is on TB's practice squad while Darnold would require at least 1 high round draft pick.

The compensation for Darnold “might” be higher than for Rosen. I don’t think it would take a high pick to get Darnold. A 4th or lower would probably get it done.

Darnold’s contract is more of an impediment than Rosen’s contract so that would be a factor in terms of draft pick compensation. It may take nothing to get Darnold as the Jets probably aren’t going to draft a player with the first overall pick and pay Darnold’s contract as well. Maybe they would —-but why would they do it?

Rosen’s cancer factor is so high he is like radioactive waste at this point. That’s why no one is “paying him”.

Havic

Reaction score
The compensation for Darnold “might” be higher than for Rosen. I don’t think it would take a high pick to get Darnold. A 4th or lower would probably get it done.

Darnold’s contract is more of an impediment than Rosen’s contract so that would be a factor in terms of draft pick compensation. It may take nothing to get Darnold as the Jets probably aren’t going to draft a player with the first overall pick and pay Darnold’s contract as well. Maybe they would —-but why would they do it?

Rosen’s cancer factor is so high he is like radioactive waste at this point. That’s why no one is “paying him”.

The only thing Darnold has shown is he is yet another overrated USC product. The talent just isnt there imo. Rosen reminds me alot of Jay Cutler.

Verdict

Reaction score
The only thing Darnold has shown is he is yet another overrated USC product. The talent just isnt there imo. Rosen reminds me alot of Jay Cutler.
Yes. Very similar. Except Rosen may be more of a cancer. But that’s a very good comparison.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Probably would use wins in your argument
Dak 41-27
Darnold 11-23

Take out his rookie year where he only was able to execute half the playbook and you get closer to the real picture of the QB, Are we counting Wentz's super bowl year when evaluating him? Nope. You are what you've done most recently. Dak racks up a lot of yards with Dallas behind playing catch-up. Be fooled and you are in line with Jerry Jones's evaluation............which is wrong 90% of the time.

Darnold is a guy with all kinds of talent whose been failed by coaches and management. Perfect buy low candidate so you can build a defense.