Twitter: Sam Williams Graded As 2nd Best Rookie Pass Rusher This Season

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I take it that you are complaining about 1 draft pick when they clearly had an outstanding draft no matter how you slice it. Do you follow the draft?
I take it you have no clue what the point was. Did I even mention or hint at the draft overall?

Ill spell it out.... people simply cant give Jerry or Steven ANY inkling of credit, but since you can not deny our drafts have been probably the best in the league the last 2-3 years, you have to give someone credit... so we have some to give all the credit to Mcclay, but always any blame to Jerry. Thats the way it works around here.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Jermaine Johnson: 8 games played, 17 total tackles, 10 solo tackles, 5 assists, 2.5 sacks.

Sam Williams: 9 games played, 14 total tackles, 11 solo tackles, 2 assists, 3 sacks, 1 pass defensed, 1 forced fumble, 2 opposing fumble returns.

Looks like the Cowboys have been getting much more production from Sam Williams than the Jets are getting from Jermaine Johnson, and the Cowboys luckily were able to use a late 2nd round pick for Sam Williams' production compared to the Jets 1st round pick on Jermaine Johnson.

They are pretty comparable numberwise, including snaps (171 for Williams and 156 for Johnson).

Aven8

Reaction score
I’ve got a great idea! Let’s give Sam limited snaps…….:facepalm:

All the dude does is make plays similarly to Donovan Wilson with the last regime but he couldn’t get on the field either……

rambo2

Reaction score
I take it you have no clue what the point was. Did I even mention or hint at the draft overall?

Ill spell it out.... people simply cant give Jerry or Steven ANY inkling of credit, but since you can not deny our drafts have been probably the best in the league the last 2-3 years, you have to give someone credit... so we have some to give all the credit to Mcclay, but always any blame to Jerry. Thats the way it works around here.
Nice

mperfection

Reaction score
I’d have been good with Linderbaum or Johnson over Tyler.
I’m happy with the Tyler Smith pick. Linderbaum, as great a pick as he has been, can’t anchor half of the O-line, which is exactly what Smith has done for the left side of our O-line. If it weren’t for him, we would be getting smashed on the left side and probably NOT 8-3…

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
In Sam's case, there's no shame in coming in second with DEs that have been so productive in their rookie year. He'll have a great career. :flagwave:

cnuball21

Reaction score
I’m happy with the Tyler Smith pick. Linderbaum, as great a pick as he has been, can’t anchor half of the O-line, which is exactly what Smith has done for the left side of our O-line. If it weren’t for him, we would be getting smashed on the left side and probably NOT 8-3…

Anchor half the line? Is he playing multiple positions at once?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sam gets like 12 snaps a game so imagine his production in a less crowded rotation. By far the best rookie pass rusher.

JBond

Reaction score
- I cannot explained how elated I am now with how the Randy Gregory scenario has turned out good luck for us, in Not being able to re-sign him,

while Denver (along with their several other problems) seems stuck with injury prone Gregory, (only a mere 4 games played this '22 year)

- While we have drafted a rookie Sam I Am Williams - who has a freakish measurement numbers - and thus far has translated those size/speed ratio to the playing field.

- As quick off the ball, wiry and rubber-agile as Randy is, ..he has never display the sheer brute power and play strength that Williams is putting up as a rookie..

- Sam has yet to be in an NFL strength program, but several times, several gams, he's already overwhelming these vet OL guys and pressing the pocket.

Williams is 260+ pounds, possesses 4.4 speed - and plays like it,

And he's surprisingly very powerful and already knows how to work his arms and get off blocks

He's an explosive player that has a knack for rushing the passer and getting into the backfield.

- It's because of Sam Williams great ability and potential, that vet Dorace Armstrong is gonna be allowed to walk as a UFA next offseason.

And Armstrong has finally turned into a solid, productive pass rusher himself. He's finally displaying the rush knack they hoped he'd have when they drafted him.

- But I don't see Cowboys giving Dorace a lucrative offer to remain a starter, when they have someone like Williams in the wait.

I still maintain that Williams reminds me of another version of Khali Mack, and that kind of explosiveness and potential.
I really hope they find a way to keep Armstrong.

quickccc

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure if we took the board consensus picks we have:

• B.Jones
  • Ramsey
  • TJ Watt
  • I.Wynn
  • Lamb
  • Parsons
  • Linderbaum
I think I’d rather those 1st round picks than what we took.

- Keep in mind that it was strongly reportedly that the Cowboys coveted the two CBs Patrick Surtain Jr. and J.C. Horn - even before Parsons
(though of course, we'd hear Jerry insisting later on that they all along thought Micah was the best defensive player in the NFL draft) .

- If there is any truth to the rumors that the Cowboys did not even consider Linderbaum,.. then not only is it just a question of Linderbaum himself, but how much they still
thought highly of Tyler Biazdisz, imo.

- Yeh, it can happen with certain teams. Teams can differ in terms of evaluation and draft value.

- Similar to the draft rumors that the Cowboys thought Rashawn Slater as more of a OG, than a LT.(team went on to draft Parsons)
- Similar to post draft rumors that OL coach Joe Philibin did not support drafting Tyler Smith.
But McClay group thought too much of Tyler to bypass him. Very puzzling.

Stsinaz12

Reaction score
Sam has turned out to be a pretty nice pick.
Also Damone Clarke, once he gets going, he will be considered a steal. This may not be until next season though. as he is going through his TC with real action now.
Smith
Williams
Clark
Bland
Both tight ends
Are ALREADY CONTRIBUTING harper tolbert waletsko are next!!