Twitter: Sam Williams off to a nice start

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
FRISCO, Texas – Cowboys defensive coordinator Dan Quinn has been on the same football field with Sam Williams now twice in his life.

But it was because of the feeling Quinn had after the first time, is probably one of the main reasons there was even a second time.

The second occurred Friday during the Cowboys rookie minicamp at The Star.

Williams, the Cowboys' second-round draft pick, was among over 30 rookies on the field for the first time together.

Maybe he blended in a little more this time around, but Quinn recalled the first time he got the chance to evaluate Williams in person as the Cowboys sent some coaches to Ole Miss for a pre-draft workout.

"Leaving the field that day, I remember telling Mike (McCarthy), 'Man I'd really like to coach that guy.' So that's a good feeling to have."
And it might be a great feeling, especially considering the Cowboys actually drafted Williams with the 56th overall pick.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/dan-quinn-gets-his-wish-in-coaching-sam-williams
Cowboys got lucky Sam Williams was still waiting to be picked so late in the 2nd Round!

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I prefer the way I hit conspiracy theorists around here.

Batman-GIF.gif
Thats a penalty

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
So in this tweet McCarthy is quoted as saying Williams was getting in the backfield on pass rushes. But in the video in another thread, Broaddus is saying that he was getting into the backfield on run plays and wasn't as disruptive in the pass rush. Was Broaddus looking at a different practice than McCarthy?

plymkr

Reaction score
Plot twist, when Quinn told McCarthy he likes coaching this guy he meant that he'll be the HC of Williams this time next year.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
So in this tweet McCarthy is quoted as saying Williams was getting in the backfield on pass rushes. But in the video in another thread, Broaddus is saying that he was getting into the backfield on run plays and wasn't as disruptive in the pass rush. Was Broaddus looking at a different practice than McCarthy?

broaddus has agendas. He pumps up the guys he likes and picks at any negative possible on the ones he doesn’t.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
broaddus has agendas. He pumps up the guys he likes and picks at any negative possible on the ones he doesn’t.

Not sure what Broaddus was saying was really negative. It just didn't seems the opposite of what McCarty and the various scouting reports have said about Williams.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm excited that the coaches are excited -- it's contagious, you know!
Looks like Parsons has a good friend in the defensive seven. :flagwave:

Not sure what to call him, but who cares, as long as he's a monster!

Fun to see Mike McCarthy get on the hype train with his comments!

Last edited:

Ken

Reaction score
Untouched by The Great Waletzko? Shocking lol
Well...certainly not Tyron but Waletzo is by no means slow and has go go gadget arms....

He will go by a lot of tackles this year...i wouldn't downplay it if i were you.

Reactions: BAT