Twitter: Sam Williams off to a nice start

plasticman

Reaction score
What did you expect?

"Boy, did we make a huge mistake!. This guy is getting pushed around by UDFA's. What a bum! I doubt he even makes the practice squad. We sure screwed up that draft pick."

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Well...certainly not Tyron but Waletzo is by no means slow and has go go gadget arms....

He will go by a lot of tackles this year...i wouldn't downplay it if i were you.

I hope you’re right. The kid’s tape and measureables are great.

But we won’t know much until the pads come on so I will reserve my opinion for then

Reactions: Ken

davey999

Reaction score
What did you expect?

"Boy, did we make a huge mistake!. This guy is getting pushed around by UDFA's. What a bum! I doubt he even makes the practice squad. We sure screwed up that draft pick."
How about, you can't tell anything in this situation?

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
There will be plenty of opportunity as the year goes on for me to exhibit my usual doom and gloom concerning the cowboys but I’m not doing it at this time . This is an encouraging report . I hope he’s great.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
If some want to anoint him before he plays a snap for the team go ahead. :thumbup:
I remember this one guy last year who was poo-pooing everything single thing that praised Micah Parsons.
Guy was dominating rook practice, "No star on the helmet yet."
Guy throwing down in OTA's, "wait til pads come on."
Practices start, "He's not going to dominate like y'all think he will."
Preseason happens, "He's going to disappoint all of you."

I smile at that stuff.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I prefer the way I hit conspiracy theorists around here.

Batman-GIF.gif
You’re clearly a plant by the league to squash the conspiracies…

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Yeah, but can he do take downs like Randy Gregory?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I remember this one guy last year who was poo-pooing everything single thing that praised Micah Parsons.
Guy was dominating rook practice, "No star on the helmet yet."
Guy throwing down in OTA's, "wait til pads come on."
Practices start, "He's not going to dominate like y'all think he will."
Preseason happens, "He's going to disappoint all of you."

I smile at that stuff.

I don’t know why anyone would’ve scoffed at praise for Parsons most had him as the top defensive player in the entire draft. A couple of the talking heads were predicting he would be defensive rookie of the year before he ever played a snap. I remember some comparing him to Lawrence Taylor in training camp which I thought was going a little far but everyone was real high on him. Sam Williams was a second round pick. I’m not saying he’s not going to be a real good player but let’s wait and see. Let’s see how he performs in pads against NFL talent.

Corso

Reaction score
I don’t know why anyone would’ve scoffed at praise for Parsons most had him as the top defensive player in the entire draft. A couple of the talking heads were predicting he would be defensive rookie of the year before he ever played a snap. I remember some comparing him to Lawrence Taylor in training camp which I thought was going a little far but everyone was real high on him. Sam Williams was a second round pick. I’m not saying he’s not going to be a real good player but let’s wait and see. Let’s see how he performs in pads against NFL talent.
You may not know why, but it happened.
And it happened a ton here.
So I smile.
I get your stand.
"Let's see him in pads"
I think he's going to be a Bad Man.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You may not know why, but it happened.
And it happened a ton here.
So I smile.
I get your stand.
"Let's see him in pads"
I think he's going to be a Bad Man.

If it happened I didn’t see it. There were fans that weren’t totally thrilled at picking a linebacker. I don’t like getting too carried away with any player until I see them against NFL talent in a game. It may sound crazy now but there were a few fans who were talking Taco up when we drafted him. Williams has potential we’ll see what we got this summer.

Corso

Reaction score
If it happened I didn’t see it. There were fans that weren’t totally thrilled at picking a linebacker. I don’t like getting too carried away with any player until I see them against NFL talent in a game. It may sound crazy now but there were a few fans who were talking Taco up when we drafted him. Williams has potential we’ll see what we got this summer.
You didn't see it.
Makes no difference.
It happened.

You don't read this place thoroughly apparently.

Whatevs.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here's the thing. Even after we don't lose any production this year in the pressure department, Randy Gregory will still be considered a huge loss.