Sam Williams Production

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Best outside FA pickup would have been Von Miller.

But Fowler has been excellent for the money. Just have to cut down on those stupid penalties in critical moments.
Don’t forget the stupid penalties. There have been more than a couple.

Reactions: BAT

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score

But Fowler has been excellent for the money. Just have to cut down on those stupid penalties in critical moments.
Man, even before Von Miller got injured (old guys get hurt a lot) I was so glad to have Fowler and Armstrong instead of Miller for 6 years at $120M per year.

That is just too much money to pay a guy that wouldn’t really help over who we have (and who probably would get hurt).

Everything else being equal, I’d have liked to have Miller too… but everything is not equal. He makes way more money. He is at the very back end of his career. He’s been getting dinged more and more as he has aged. He is absolutely going to effect Buffalo’s salary cap in a negative way beyond this season.

I know you wanted him here, and I understand why, but speaking for myself I am very glad they didn’t match that crazy contract for him. I love the guys we have on the EDGE. Parsons, Lawrence, Williams, Fowler, Armstrong. All but Lawrence are young and won’t hurt the cap this year or going forward.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Man, even before Von Miller got injured (old guys get hurt a lot) I was so glad to have Fowler and Armstrong instead of Miller for 6 years at $120M per year.

That is just too much money to pay a guy that wouldn’t really help over who we have (and who probably would get hurt).

Everything else being equal, I’d have liked to have Miller too… but everything is not equal. He makes way more money. He is at the very back end of his career. He’s been getting dinged more and more as he has aged. He is absolutely going to effect Buffalo’s salary cap in a negative way beyond this season.

I know you wanted him here, and I understand why, but speaking for myself I am very glad they didn’t match that crazy contract for him. I love the guys we have on the EDGE. Parsons, Lawrence, Williams, Fowler, Armstrong. All but Lawrence are young and won’t hurt the cap this year or going forward.

Parsons weaponizes players around him. Fowler, Armstong, Odiggy, etc.

Von Miller would have made Parsons even more productive.

Lining up Parsons everywhere with Von and Tank flanking him would have been simply unstoppable.

Even more than he is now.

But more importantly Von would have provided championship leadership to the defense. More critical, Von would have helped develop Micah's technique as a pass rusher.

Von Miller is already one of Parsons' most influential mentors, on and off the field.

There are levels to this.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Our defense would have been stupid with Von Miller. I can't even imagine him and Micah together.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
If you can visualize Micha with an old guy on crutches, then you can imagine Von and Micah together.

Look how much Bills defense has fallen off after Von Miller got dinged up then injured.

Peters is even older and Cowboys OL have prospered with him on team, on and off the field.

Again, there are levels to this that many do not grasp.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Everyone hates my takes for wanting to see more from him in run defense but IMO if he can continue to progress there I think we have a steal.

Dude is already an awesome situational pass rusher. Hopeful he can develop into an every down stud DE. Looks promising.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Look how much Bills defense has fallen off after Von Miller got dinged up then injured.

Peters is even older and Cowboys OL have prospered with him on team, on and off the field.

Again, there are levels to this that many do not grasp.
I was more just joking with Risen than anything else.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
l
Everyone hates my takes for wanting to see more from him in run defense but IMO if he can continue to progress there I think we have a steal.

Dude is already an awesome situational pass rusher. Hopeful he can develop into an every down stud DE. Looks promising.

I don't hate your take. I just don't understand it. He has flashed as much in the run game as he has rushing the passer.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

@BAT wants All free agents...Just start at the top with most expensive free agent and keep signing them until literally zero cap dollars remain and the max possible cap dollars have been pushed into the future...He would cut all existing players because free agents are better, regardless of age.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
@BAT wants All free agents...Just start at the top with most expensive free agent and keep signing them until literally zero cap dollars remain and the max possible cap dollars have been pushed into the future...He would cut all existing players because free agents are better, regardless of age.

That's completely untrue.

I want the RIGHT free agents. Once upon a time, this franchise knew how to balance draft picks with key FA acquisitions.

Not just adding role players but players that could actually elevate the team's play to another level.

Most championship contending teams and knowledgeable fans understand this.

We're not discussing brain surgery here.

Kalyan

Reaction score
Happy with Sam Williams, hope Jerry is buying/keeping big free agents with the $70 million he pocketed from this decision

Reactions: BAT

cnuball21

Reaction score
l

I don't hate your take. I just don't understand it. He has flashed as much in the run game as he has rushing the passer.

His plays against the run have been chasing from the backside unblocked or beating a TE.

That’s great, but I want to see him actually beat an OT and make a play against the run.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Dante Fowler at 3 million dollars.

241 snaps, 5 sacks, 7 QB hits, 21 tackles, 7 TFL.

Best thing to happen was when Gregory spurned Dallas.
Other than a couple bonehead penalties (like the NZI against the Eagles on 4th and 4), Fowler has been awesome.

Beaker42

Reaction score
His plays against the run have been chasing from the backside unblocked or beating a TE.

That’s great, but I want to see him actually beat an OT and make a play against the run.
He also sets the edge. So you’re basically saying backside pursuit is overrated???

lukemartin79

Reaction score
Dante Fowler at 3 million dollars.

241 snaps, 5 sacks, 7 QB hits, 21 tackles, 7 TFL.

Best thing to happen was when Gregory spurned Dallas.
Yes, wed be stuck with his big contract and who knows who wouldn't be here now if he was. Fowler certainly for one. Plus Armstrong wouldn't be starting, so who knows if he'd be having his big season as a backup and Williams would be getting less snaps too. Avoided a terrible situation there.

cnuball21

Reaction score
He also sets the edge. So you’re basically saying backside pursuit is overrated???

Not at all, it’s great but it doesn’t alleviate my concern or prove the scouting reports wrong yet.

Just need to see more.