Sammy Watkins vs Cooper

blueblood70

Reaction score
I would pass on both. Only problem is Jerry has too much draft stock in Cooper to let him go. I suppose if Luca Brasi approached me for a decision on the two I would select Cooper.
lol or you could be wearing concrete shoes and swim with the fishes..:omg::laugh:

alicetooljam

Reaction score
You think Cooper disappears? This guy.....I was cringing when I heard we offered the FA going rate on him 2 years ago. Nowhere near a true #1 wr...

quickccc

Reaction score
You think Cooper disappears? This guy.....I was cringing when I heard we offered the FA going rate on him 2 years ago. Nowhere near a true #1 wr...

we wanted to get rid of Dez so badly but yet we really didn't have a sensibly option plan to go to;.. first the flirtation with Sammy Watkins,... then WR by committee plan.....

BBGTYCOON

Reaction score
Watkins is not very good. The only thing from stopping him from being a draft bust right now is Mahomes. He's very meh.

Cooper is wayyyyy better then Watkins. Not even close.
True and beyond a one year deal for 12-14 mill, I'll pass on both, the WR talent in the upcoming draft is rich and deep.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
First, I'm one of Coop strongest supporter but this is an interesting option if we can't get him signed and need the tag for Dak. He would certainly be cheaper.........

2019 Stats
G TGT REC YDS YPC TD
14 90 52 673 12.9 3

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player-news

SAMMY WATKINSWR, KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

Sammy Watkins committed to playing football in 2020 but admitted mentally, physically, soulfully, spiritually, I need some downtime."
"I don’t control the contract, a trade or if they’re going to give me a bigger contract," Watkins said. "That’s not my worry. I’m not really focused on the money aspect of it
he is a complementary WR, even a 3rd WR...not a primary target

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I agree 100% but with Gallup raising his game alone with Cobb in a WCO system, do we need another top 5 WR?

I'm wondering the same thing. The Cowboys can make Michael Gallup the new #1, re-sign Cobb, and draft a speedster and potentially save $18 million-plus annually by letting Cooper walk.

I have more faith in a Mike McCarthy-led staff to make this work than Garrett; but I admit I'd be scared if they let Coop go.

alicetooljam

Reaction score
we wanted to get rid of Dez so badly but yet we really didn't have a sensibly option plan to go to;.. first the flirtation with Sammy Watkins,... then WR by committee plan.....

Agreed, just saying super inconsistent wr his whole career...even this year...he scored 3 tds the 1st week of the season then never scored again until the playoffs (52/673/3) for the year...only played 9 games the year before...(40/519/3)...thats what the Chiefs got in 2 years out of 3 year 48 million contract. Cap number was 19 million this season and set to be 21 million this coming if they retain him without addressing current contract.

robertfchew

Reaction score
I think the signing of Dak much more critical than Cooper.I hope they sign him but I think we saw a little bit last year of what Oakland saw. When Amari is on his game there are few better the problem is that should never be a question. Id like to keep Amari because he is one of the best route runners in the game but if we lose him Id rather get a burner in the draft.

Im not a huge Byron fan Id rather keep Cooper but If I knew for a fact he was going to stay in the division and go to the eagles perhaps we should keep him. as i feel replacing Cooper may be an easier thing to do. Maybe Nolan can help Byron with takeaways which is my beef with him. Id have to look it up but i thought I heard on the fan yesterday that opponents have over a 50% completion rate when they target Byron(not sure if that's true) they just don't much because Awuzi is on the other side.

byron is never getting turnovers. he didnt in college and he hasnt with us and if he wants to stay he needs to realize that when the finances come up

Proof

Reaction score
Agreed, just saying super inconsistent wr his whole career...even this year...he scored 3 tds the 1st week of the season then never scored again until the playoffs (52/673/3) for the year...only played 9 games the year before...(40/519/3)...thats what the Chiefs got in 2 years out of 3 year 48 million contract. Cap number was 19 million this season and set to be 21 million this coming if they retain him without addressing current contract.

lol for real. He had like 200 yds receiving wk one, and barely 400 the rest of the YEAR LOL

JBond

Reaction score
First, I'm one of Coop strongest supporter but this is an interesting option if we can't get him signed and need the tag for Dak. He would certainly be cheaper.........

2019 Stats
G TGT REC YDS YPC TD
14 90 52 673 12.9 3

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player-news

SAMMY WATKINSWR, KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

Sammy Watkins committed to playing football in 2020 but admitted mentally, physically, soulfully, spiritually, I need some downtime."
"I don’t control the contract, a trade or if they’re going to give me a bigger contract," Watkins said. "That’s not my worry. I’m not really focused on the money aspect of it
Nope. He was money in the playoffs and the first game of the season. Disappeared the other 15 games. People beat up on Coop. They would literally lose their minds with Watkins.

JBond

Reaction score
have the chiefs said they were going to cut him? he has 1 more year left on his deal if i'm not mistaken.

dallas did want him that offseason but i'd much rather have cooper.
He will be a cap cut.

quickccc

Reaction score
He will come back to the Chiefs at a reduced salary or be cut/traded. They can't pay everyone just like us.

it's a pretty heavy laden WR draft class this year, and they already have Tyrek, coleman and Robinson and Kelce.
I can see them more opting for drafting a talented rookie to groom as a No.2 and gradually bringing them along vs even bringing Watt back a reduced paid slate.
I'm also one of those that thinks he will be more of a cap casualty cut.