News: San Diego Chargers reportedly open to dealing the third overall pick; will the Cowboys trade up?

conner01

Reaction score
Wentz/Goff if the rumors are to be believed. That's why it might be possible for us to trade down to 15, and it might help someone else trade to up to 3.

I'm a huge advocate for drafting a QB, but I'm not trading up to get one though my fear is in a couple years we are going to be trading the better part of an entire draft to get one.
I'm also not trading down to 15 either. I see the value in trading down and taking a Zeke, a pass rusher or DT and adding another pick but 15 is too far down to me

dfense

Reaction score
Good, let the Rams trade up. They do stupid stuff and suck all the time. How is Jeff Fisher still employed?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is Smart from the Chargers.

You never know who might be interested and frankly most teams should at the very least entertain anyone calling. You might get that one team who will give you an offer too good to pass up on.

Now...for whatever reason I don't think Jerry is doing a smokescreen when he says no to a QB at 4. However I also don't think Stephen Jones is doing a smoke screen when he says if you have a franchise QB there at 4 you take him over other positions.

I will say this though...if they really are interested in a QB...it would be stupid for Jerry to say that they are interested in one...heck it might be stupid for him to even pretend like they are.

Last thing you would want is for another team to get nervous thinking the cowboys love a QB and having to jump them to get that QB.

Now we will find out down the road...if the Cowboys will take a franchise QB they like that is available at 4 or not. And if another team jumps them maybe later we found out that the Cowboys would have taken that QB if they were there or maybe not.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Exactly Idgit, you and me are on the same wavelength here buddy.

Titans are going to take Tunsil in all likelihood, the Browns are going to take a QB, and the Chargers are probably going to go defense. So either Goff or Wentz is going to be sitting there for us at 4, so no need to give up a 3rd to move up one spot.

And in the unlikely scenario that the Chargers do trade the pick to a team wanting a QB and lets say both Goff and Wentz are off the board, then we have Bosa fall into our laps and he is only the best defensive player in this draft.

Its really a win win for us either way, just stay at 4 and let the draft come to us.......don't give away picks, that is stupid.

But the Cowboys aren't picking a QB at #4. They will pick the top defensive guy on their board. At least that's what I hope. We will know more after FA.

reddyuta

Reaction score
But the Cowboys aren't picking a QB at #4. They will pick the top defensive guy on their board. At least that's what I hope. We will know more after FA.

I still have hope.Its just not Jerrys decision anymore.He listens to Mcclay and the scouts,if it was we would have drafted Johnny Football .

endersdragon

Reaction score
I'm a huge advocate for drafting a QB, but I'm not trading up to get one though my fear is in a couple years we are going to be trading the better part of an entire draft to get one.
I'm also not trading down to 15 either. I see the value in trading down and taking a Zeke, a pass rusher or DT and adding another pick but 15 is too far down to me

I've yet to see a draft that has Zeke going before 18

conner01

Reaction score
I've yet to see a draft that has Zeke going before 18

That may be true but if you trade down too far someone can trade up in front of you and the option are better there. I like Zeke but we have other needs too and if you trade down you need multiple guys to choose from since your original target could be gone