Sanders roasts Romo (2017)

T-RO

Reaction score
Can someone update me on Deion's Dallas private schools venture? "Prime Prep" I believe it was called. Wasn't he indicted on fraud or something? Did he ever do jail time for that? I heard lots of money just disappeared. Deion runs school(s). Big money invested. Poof. Money gone.

I know for a fact he was charged for fraud. I don't know the details of what happened next. Is he a felon of sorts?

Last edited:

Proof

Reaction score
Can someone update me on Deion's Dallas private schools venture? "Prime Prep" I believe it was called. Wasn't he indicted on fraud or something? Did he ever do jail time for that? I heard lots of money just disappeared. Deion runs school(s). Big money invested. Poof. Money gone.

I know for a fact he was charged for fraud. I don't know the details of what happened next. Is he a felon of sorts?

all I remember is when he got sued by a mechanic for a bunch of custom work done that he didnt pay for, in court he said "God didn't want me to pay that money"

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Literally everyone, including Deion, takes shots at his tackling to the point where it’s the most main stream of opinions when it comes to any criticism of his ability.

Deion just doesn’t like Tony and saw it as an opportunity to go at him like the little weasel he is.
We dont always agree, but I'm with you on this one!

jay94

Reaction score
Romo was the best non winning quarterback since Marino. This thread is 100% stupid. He constantly carried vastly overrated teams.

InTheZone

Reaction score
I know this is old but it’s true and I had never seen it before. Tony sure has a lot to say about a HOF’er and for someone that won’t even sniff the gold jacket. Sounds like a case of fold jacket envy to me, I thought Romo was supposed to be a class act. Props to Deion for not taking Romo’s bush league trash talking.

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/...-romo-bad-tackling-comments-article-1.3614590
Lol I remember this. Romo made a joke about something we all know and Deion basically got offended instead of laughing it off. Deion turned a funny situation into something personal and childish.

kskboys

Reaction score
Dude. Deion, quit being a little sensitive nancy boy. You're really making yourself look really childish w/ this one.

Big_D

Reaction score
Romo was the best non winning quarterback since Marino. This thread is 100% stupid. He constantly carried vastly overrated teams.

And a coach who should've been gone long before 2020.

Blake

Reaction score

its-rtd-romo.jpg

RoboQB

Reaction score
Deion "they don't pay me to tackle" Sanders.

Roasts Romo? Nah, not really.

I mean, damn, Deion bragged (!?!) about not making tackles
in his HOF speech... smh

It was funny. Deion was butthurt.
Still the best ever at his position, of course.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I don't know how someone can be a HOF player and consider the best at his position and have such a fragile ego such as this.

My guess is, this is all Sanders was ever good at. Outside of that, he's garbage at everything else in life.

Flamma

Reaction score
I know this is old but it’s true and I had never seen it before. Tony sure has a lot to say about a HOF’er and for someone that won’t even sniff the gold jacket. Sounds like a case of fold jacket envy to me, I thought Romo was supposed to be a class act. Props to Deion for not taking Romo’s bush league trash talking.

Despite what he said, Sanders never takes the high road. Obviously has very thin skin and cannot take a joke. If he's going to get butthurt and angry about that then he has other issues.

I really never understood the flak he got for tackling. Deion made the tackles he needed to make. I just think that he was so good at his position and special teams that anything less than hitting like Ronnie Lott was unacceptable.

LandryDay

Reaction score

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/...-romo-bad-tackling-comments-article-1.3614590
Romo made a factual comment lol. He just happen to make it in reference to one of the most notorious trash talkers the league has ever seen. Romo might not have won us a Super Bowl but he sure as hell had the talent to.

aria

Reaction score
Romo made a factual comment lol. He just happen to make it in reference to one of the most notorious trash talkers the league has ever seen. Romo might not have won us a Super Bowl but he sure as hell had the talent to.
You could say a lot of players have the talent to win Super Bowls, fact is Romo didn’t. In all eyes outside some Cowboys fans, he’ll down as the choke artist who could never get it done.

LandryDay

Reaction score
You could say a lot of players have the talent to win Super Bowls, fact is Romo didn’t. In all eyes outside some Cowboys fans, he’ll down as the choke artist who could never get it done.

Disagree. He had no weapons and when he finally got them he was injured all the time. Can’t ignore the fact that he holds most of the passing records for the team. Stats are better then Troy and Romo played less games. More TDs, more Total Yards, less Interceptions. He just didn’t win the big one. Cunningham, Moon, and Marino never won a super bowl, you telling me they didn’t have the talent?

aria

Reaction score
Disagree. He had no weapons and when he finally got them he was injured all the time. Can’t ignore the fact that he holds most of the passing records for the team. Stats are better then Troy and Romo played less games. More TDs, more Total Yards, less Interceptions. He just didn’t win the big one. Cunningham, Moon, and Marino never won a super bowl, you telling me they didn’t have the talent?
There’s lots of arguments to be made as to why his stats are that much better. Change in strategy, coaching, personnel, playing from behind, etc.

Romo had better teams than those other QB’s and on the flip side, there’s plenty of QB’s with less talent that won championships because they didn’t blow it with one or two critical plays. They played solid, sound, consistent football whereas Tony took a lot of risks which could pay off but also killed the chances of a W at times.

In 2007 he had a fine team, enough to go 13-3 which he didn’t do by himself, and what does he do in the playoff loss to the team that eventually won the Super Bowl that year? Threw a 50% completion rate. Blame it on Cabo or whatever but he choked big time and ended the game by throwing an INT when they were in TD range.

2006 playoffs he had a whopping QBR of 40 and fumbled the FG.

How many games did he screw up in Week 17 win and in playoffs? 2 or 3. 2012 comes to mind when he threw 3 INT’s against the Commanders.

The list goes on and on...he blew a lot games when they mattered most.

LandryDay

Reaction score
There’s lots of arguments to be made as to why his stats are that much better. Change in strategy, coaching, personnel, playing from behind, etc.

Romo had better teams than those other QB’s and on the flip side, there’s plenty of QB’s with less talent that won championships because they didn’t blow it with one or two critical plays. They played solid, sound, consistent football whereas Tony took a lot of risks which could pay off but also killed the chances of a W at times.

In 2007 he had a fine team, enough to go 13-3 which he didn’t do by himself, and what does he do in the playoff loss to the team that eventually won the Super Bowl that year? Threw a 50% completion rate. Blame it on Cabo or whatever but he choked big time and ended the game by throwing an INT when they were in TD range.

2006 playoffs he had a whopping QBR of 40 and fumbled the FG.

How many games did he screw up in Week 17 win and in playoffs? 2 or 3. 2012 comes to mind when he threw 3 INT’s against the Commanders.

The list goes on and on...he blew a lot games when they mattered most.
Romo had his choke moments but it doesnt all fall on the Quarterback. Look at Peyton Mannings last Superbowl win. I could have played a better game. That entire season he was garbage and washed up but he had a defensive to win him games. Weapons arent just on Offense you need them on Defense and Special Teams.

As far as the 2006 fumbled hold. Why on earth would they have the starting QB who drives the team down the field holding the ball for field goals and extra points. Backup QB has three jobs: 1) Learn from the starter and become a better player 2) Be ready at any moment to run the offense in a starting role 3) Hold the ball for FGs and EPs. Now Romo was the backup the first half of that season but come on, thats common sense that you dont get the tired starting QB to hold the kick.

aria

Reaction score
Romo had his choke moments but it doesnt all fall on the Quarterback. Look at Peyton Mannings last Superbowl win. I could have played a better game. That entire season he was garbage and washed up but he had a defensive to win him games. Weapons arent just on Offense you need them on Defense and Special Teams.

As far as the 2006 fumbled hold. Why on earth would they have the starting QB who drives the team down the field holding the ball for field goals and extra points. Backup QB has three jobs: 1) Learn from the starter and become a better player 2) Be ready at any moment to run the offense in a starting role 3) Hold the ball for FGs and EPs. Now Romo was the backup the first half of that season but come on, thats common sense that you dont get the tired starting QB to hold the kick.
I understand it takes a team, just like it takes a team to win so Romo didn’t “carry” as many teams on his back as some people claim. Also, the examples I brought up were largely on Tony. Notice I didn’t mention when what’s his name lost the ball in the lights against the Giants IIRC to get in the playoffs?

I didn’t even mention his QBR of 36 against the Vikings in the playoffs.

Anyways, we obviously disagree but it’s a popular disagreement that will never die. I think Romo was a slightly above average QB that failed to rise to the occasion several times when it mattered most and others think he was a “wasted” talent that never had a chance at succeeding which is somewhat contradictory based on his regular season stats but whatever.

We could go on for weeks about this and never change each others minds so have a good one until we chat again :)