Sanjay Lal to be Cowboys WR Coach

mahoneybill

Reaction score
I was luke warm on Dooley. About the same with Lal. I don't know how much talent he's had to work with but if he can coach above average out of our average group of WR's then it's good[/QUOTE

And get us to run rubs/ stacks/ legal picks . Especially putting Zeke into that mix all the better otherwise we will see DBs knowing where the ball is going with their man as we run the same old plays

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
So, after reading all the back and forth in this thread it kinda seems like Lal is a JAG. I virtually knew nothing about him but as someone posted he's not coached any receivers that produced much. Maybe a step back in coaching talent. Guess we'll have to wait for this to play out.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, after reading all the back and forth in this thread it kinda seems like Lal is a JAG. I virtually knew nothing about him but as someone posted he's not coached any receivers that produced much. Maybe a step back in coaching talent. Guess we'll have to wait for this to play out.

You never know. It may be that the lack of big production from WRs at his previous stops had a lot to do with him, or maybe very little and much more to do with the overall poor quality of the offenses of the teams he was with. Who knows, may the receivers he had wouldn't have done as well as they did if he hadn't been there. It's hard to know.

cmoney23

Reaction score
1,000 yard receivers since he’s been receiver coach

RAIDERS
2009 - None
2010 - None
2011 - None

JETS
2012 - None
2013 - None
2014 - None

BILLS
2015 - Sammy Watkins (1,047)
2016 - None

COLTS
2017 - None

This guy has been part of some of the worst offenses in football. Some seasons the top receiver didn’t even top 750 yards. Now he wasn’t the offensive coach, so there is that. But man, talk about coaching up a bunch of nobodies.
The Troll is strong in you...

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Breaking news: Miles Austin pulled his hamstring on the way to his interview

By the way, this is the second coaching position where fans prematurely slammed the Cowboys for hiring a former Cowboy player with little experience. This is a lesson in patience - hell it wouldn't have taken that much, just a few days. But fans were so eager to jump on the Cowboys for hiring Myles Austin and Marc Colombo they couldn't wait.

visionary

Reaction score
By the way, this is the second coaching position where fans prematurely slammed the Cowboys for hiring a former Cowboy player with little experience. This is a lesson in patience - hell it wouldn't have taken that much, just a few days. But fans were so eager to jump on the Cowboys for hiring Myles Austin and Marc Colombo they couldn't wait.

Yeah because we've had such great success with the other former cowboy player hired as OC 11 years back

Maybe this one can be trained to be equally below average in 11 years :laugh::flagwave::facepalm:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah because we've had such great success with the other former cowboy player hired as OC 11 years back

Maybe this one can be trained to be equally below average in 11 years :laugh::flagwave::facepalm:

What does this have to do with what I posted?

Carson

Reaction score
The Troll is strong in you...

Did you not read the rest of my post on him in the thread??

I’ve said several times, he’s had crap to work with! Could work well with some talent. Not trolling

Huge upgrade over Dooley

Zordon

Reaction score
Hope this guy is legit. Dez's future depends on it.

Giving all that money to Dez and then giving him Dooley as a position coach is like buying a Ferrari and putting conventional oil in it.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score

I can't say that Dooley was anything special but it's as much about the scheme and the play calling as much as anything. Unfortunately all of our WR's have limitations whether it's size, route running, hands or speed. Can't teach speed and can't create size so work on their route running, catching and RAC. I think we're in the lower third of the league when it came to RAC this year

It's either coach up the guys we have and fit the scheme to their talent or find better talent. The latter preferred

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like what he is preaching which is preparation. It seems like Dez has always been able to win by being more physical. He just can't win those balttles enough now.

Its a copy cat league and now everyone is gong to be preparing. Damm you Sanjay! You just gave away our edge.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Which previous cowboy player did we hire as coach that fans are currently upset about?

In 3, 2, 1........

Garrett has nothing to do with my post, which was about fans slamming the Cowboys for hiring people they actually didn't.

visionary

Reaction score
Garrett has nothing to do with my post, which was about fans slamming the Cowboys for hiring people they actually didn't.

Well you didn't say that buddy
You just said cowboys getting slammed for hiring a previous player

gmoney112

Reaction score
1,000 yard receivers since he’s been receiver coach

RAIDERS
2009 - None
2010 - None
2011 - None

JETS
2012 - None
2013 - None
2014 - None

BILLS
2015 - Sammy Watkins (1,047)
2016 - None

COLTS
2017 - None

This guy has been part of some of the worst offenses in football. Some seasons the top receiver didn’t even top 750 yards. Now he wasn’t the offensive coach, so there is that. But man, talk about coaching up a bunch of nobodies.

ZzZz lazy analysis.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
I'll give him a chance I guess. It's not always easy to judge a position coach based on how many great players he coached. In Cincinnati, they see Frank Pollack's resume that he coached Tyron, Fred, and Martin for 5 years and they could say "Wow this guy helped develop these players into All Pros!"