Twitter: Sarcasm: Jaylon already making an impact

Zordon

Reaction score
Reminder: Jerry shed tears at his new contract press conference.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Not surprised.....but he looks really below average ...to be fair maybe we need to see his good plays also.../s/

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
He doesn't read his keys. He just watched the ball. You're supposed to see the the movement of the OL while watching the ball.

Perfect example: the big run vs philly, the guard on LVE's side blocks down indicating a trap play. LVE correctly attacks the gap while Jaylon starts dancing side to side. The rb is forced to pick a hole to the right and thankfully for him Jaylon danced out of the way.

That and he's not physical at all. He wants to dance around blocks instead of slamming into a blocker and shedding.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
For how shamelessly he promotes himself and for his complete lack of reality awareness, Jaylon deserves this feedback from fans and media.

He’s the first to call himself elite, unabashedly ask for pro bowl votes, wear mink coats to a game and then do his swipe celebration after stopping a guy for a 30 yard gain during said game.

Clowns are meant to be laughed at. And in purely a football sense, Jaylon Smith is one of the biggest clowns I’ve seen.

Last edited:

Praxit

Reaction score
..lol.. I remember those days. I liked the guy too. ;)..

Cowboys22

Reaction score
He only wants to run and chase and tackle from the side or back. He dances around until the play is behind him or someone else has taken on the ballcarrier headon, then he springs into action. Its why all his plays are 7+ yards downfield. I swear sometimes it looks like he vacates his gap when he realizes the RB may come through it just long enough to let him go by so he can try and chase him down from behind. Thats the only explanation I can some up with why he hides behind a DT instead of filling his gap. The coaches in Dallas realized this and finally convinced Jerry he couldn't play anymore and was killing the D. Now Dallas has 11 players trying to make a play instead of 10 and it shows.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
After Jaylon Swipe’s performance last week, I am sure GB is working on a long term contract.

GB better lock Swipe up now before he hits FA. 5-Year, $50M with $25 guaranteed might be enough :)

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He only wants to run and chase and tackle from the side or back. He dances around until the play is behind him or someone else has taken on the ballcarrier headon, then he springs into action. Its why all his plays are 7+ yards downfield. I swear sometimes it looks like he vacates his gap when he realizes the RB may come through it just long enough to let him go by so he can try and chase him down from behind. Thats the only explanation I can some up with why he hides behind a DT instead of filling his gap. The coaches in Dallas realized this and finally convinced Jerry he couldn't play anymore and was killing the D. Now Dallas has 11 players trying to make a play instead of 10 and it shows.
I had that exact thought soooo many times while watching him.

Then I convinced myself that I was being delusional— no NFL LB would possibly do that.

I truly feel that he just wants to save his body while still making NFL money. Pretty sad, honestly

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
It's not physical, it's mental. He's unable to get his mind to work right. If you don't run right at him with a clear and obvious assignment he will struggle
This X 1000!

I get it that people want to think it is the injury. It is NOT. He cannot play. PERIOD! I am sure he got away with a lot of things in college because he was just a superior athlete. That is why this is on the scouts and coaches. It is their JOB to determine if a guys game will translate to the next level.

Even with his injury...I betcha Jaylon could run a 40 faster than Dat Nguyen, Ken Norton Jr, Bradie James, Randal Godfreey or Sean Lee....but because he does not have the instincts of those LBers...he has ZERO impact. In fact, Bradie James was not athletic at all...and I am not saying Bradie James was Ray Lewis...but Bradie James was impactful because he could play. And of course Dat, Sean, Ken and Randall could play. Those guys were all better than Bradie. But Bradie made the most of his limited athleticism...because he could play.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Jaylon will be cut before Green Bays bye week.. They have zero invested in him and no emotional ties...
I am on record saying he will not make it out of another training camp. So if Green Bay lets him go....I hope he retires or run the risk of getting cut from another's teams training camp.