Video: SAS and Bayless go at it over J. Allen signing w/ Dallas

mmohican29

Reaction score
Let him go to SEA and get a ring, i care more about my team building for a 5yr window instead of a 1yr pipe dream.

as do I. but adding this man will definitely not hinder ANY steps in that regard. Allen's window is three years. If this team can take a step forward on D, it might not be that far away. why would Jared Allen go somewhere to be a role player when he MIGHT be the guy that took the Cowboys over the hump into relevance? he'd be revered here, his rodeo celebrations in front of the Cowboys faithful would be epic. make one last push Jerry- and get Jared here. the mythical salary cap beast only exists if you draft poorly. bring him in.

Fredd

Reaction score
SAS, while somewhat accurate, is just spewing what everyone else says...of course, Skippy is a homer that wants Allen to pressure QB's in Dallas....

I call this a draw (and I hope that Skip is right once the dust settles)

thechosen1n2

Reaction score

I understand both side of the argument. I dont think anyone won. Screamin A. Smith is speaking from the standpoint of a cowboy hater who doesnt want them to get better, and Skip is speaking from the standpoint of a cowboy homer who needs a ware replacement. The question is what does Allen want. Does he want to be a tag along for potentially another SB run or does he want to be the potential difference maker. With just a little defense this team can be 10 and 6/ 11 - 5. Im not saying they will but they can.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Is it just me or does anyone else think this is a pointless argument because Allen is not even considering signing in Dallas. I think he is deciding between a low offer in Seattle to be a situational pass rusher and retirement, I don't Dallas is even in the equation.

Fredd

Reaction score
I think Allen isn't retiring, that is just ridiculous to me....if he has the chance to make millions more before actual retirement, you think he is just going to hold his breath until blue? stupid if you ask me...I think his agent is trying to drum up business...but, if you ever take a look at allen, he seems to take pride in what he does...I can't see him taking his ball and running home if the money isn't what Ware and Peppers got...someone else said it, but his agent screwed the pooch here....I think he cost his client some money in waiting around

Stephen should be knocking on the Allen front door and when Jared answers the door, shake his hand and say "is your wife here?" Talk her into Dallas, and you get Jared to wear the star

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
SAS is right again.
I disagree with SAS on this one. I could see if Jared Allen was on his last legs of his (probable) HOF careeer but he's not. He has another good 2-3 years in him in my opinion. He's not going to get the amount of PT that he'll get here. Sure, we've been 8-8 the last few years, but it's not like we're the the Jaguars. The talent is there. Health has been an issue - especially on our OL and DL - as we saw last year. Simply put, we're in the playoffs easily if not for all of the injuries.

The 'boys are closer to the playoffs than SAS is willing to admit. I'm sure Jared Allen can see that he could be a piece that could help get us there. He would get major props for helping get us back into the playoffs than he would essentially bandwagonning the champs - who will most likely get there with or without him.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Jared Allen wants to make the going rate, win a Super Bowl and add to what should be a HOF career.

So he's not going to get the going rate and if he does go to Seattle and possibly win a SB, which is never guaranteed in this league. Than he would most likely be a situational player on that team.

Believe me, Jared Allen wants to add another 20 - 30 sacks onto his overall career numbers to cement his name upon the list of all time greatest pass rushers.

Plus the man is a Texan.

Believe me, if Jerry offered Allen the $ he wanted, Allen would already be here.

I think Allen comes here and Jerry gets him on a decent deal.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That was a 6 1/2 minute video of Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless doing their usual Jerry "Are You Not Entertained?" Jones blustering. The video could have been easily cropped to Freddie Coleman's 90 seconds. Jared Allen is making a late career move. It is not about the money for him at this point necessarily. He already cashed in at Minnesota. At this stage it is about taking the shortest road to get to the pinnacle achievement in a professional football player's career. Seattle has already proven they can get there. The Seahawks are interested in him. Will the number of actual playing minutes really matter that much to Allen? I doubt it.

As far as Smith and Bayless are concerned, the best part of their contribution was the five seconds at the 3:22 mark where Bayless mocks Smith. That was funny.

yentl911

Reaction score
I don't think Allen is out of the picture yet to be honest. He would be a good addition for the right price and maybe he would give us a hometown discount considering TX has no state tax and he is a Texan? He might not have a bunch of options at this point, I don't know.

A can't stand Smith or Bayless. Watching them or even listening to them makes my physically ill.

Rockytop6

Reaction score
I understand both side of the argument. I dont think anyone won. Screamin A. Smith is speaking from the standpoint of a cowboy hater who doesnt want them to get better, and Skip is speaking from the standpoint of a cowboy homer who needs a ware replacement. The question is what does Allen want. Does he want to be a tag along for potentially another SB run or does he want to be the potential difference maker. With just a little defense this team can be 10 and 6/ 11 - 5. Im not saying they will but they can.

This is the first time I can recall that Skip was referred to as a Cowboys' homer!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who are those guys. I slightly remember something about them a long time ago but they have been dead to me for so long they aren't even a distant memory.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
SAS is so bitter, either Jerry or some former Cowboys player must have had their way with his mother to have such pent up hatred.