Satellites See Unprecedented Greenland Ice Sheet Surface Melt

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4635116 said:
I've never understood why some are so vehemently opposed to believing man is assisting in global warming. Maybe it is people who just hate science.

I love science, my life has been nothing but size for the better part of a decade now. Loving science and acknowledging bunk when you see it are not mutually exclusive.

"Global warming" as you and most know it is a political platform, not a scientific reality. The earth is not in a continual warming phase which if left untreated will ultimately endanger future generations. We are in the middle of a natural warming trend, one that has been occuring since before recorded human history. Eventually, due in part to known processes and in part to some science has no comprehension of yet, the earth will begin cooling again. Nothing we do is going to stop the natural cycle of heating and cooling that has been occuring for a longer timeframe than the average citizen can even comprehend. But hey, carbon credits gain political points. Go green...or something.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4635248 said:
I love science, my life has been nothing but size for the better part of a decade now. Loving science and acknowledging bunk when you see it are not mutually exclusive.

"Global warming" as you and most know it is a political platform, not a scientific reality. The earth is not in a continual warming phase which if left untreated will ultimately endanger future generations. We are in the middle of a natural warming trend, one that has been occuring since before recorded human history. Eventually, due in part to known processes and in part to some science has no comprehension of yet, the earth will begin cooling again. Nothing we do is going to stop the natural cycle of heating and cooling that has been occuring for a longer timeframe than the average citizen can even comprehend. But hey, carbon credits gain political points. Go green...or something.

Agree, just another means to control us by fear.

locked&loaded

Reaction score
DFWJC;4634602 said:
Just some trivia here...

I don't know for sure if actual surface temp increases are coming from humans, but there is slightly more CO2.

Please don't say most "real scientist" .
In fact the number that disagree outnumbers the ones that agree about 8 to 1. It's not even close. That smaller number is more vocal because if they are right, we really do have a problem in the near term (50-100 year window).

I'm a Geologist/Geophysicist. In my community the ratio is closer to 50-1 saying we do not know and most likely man is not the cause based on geologic history.

That is NOT saying that man for sure does not cause increases in temps, it just says that we don't know that they do and there is plenty of evidence that this warming is minor compared to 100s of other times in the past before man was even around.

All I can say is "follow, the money".
100s of millions in grant money is out there for people to say man did this. The money goes away if they say otherwise.

Also, Billions are at stake for new, green, companies and things like the Chicago Exchange.

Green, of course, really IS very good. But the witch hunt is out of line.

The people that pound their fist are almost always getting paid one way or the other to do so.
In the end though, it's a good idea to at least intertain the possibilty of all scenarios.

I guess most of my information comes from the book "plows,plauges and patroleum". Plus a climate change class I had.. plus i go to the number one undergraduate school in the nation for natural resources. I just hear about it alot.

also, I had been looking for this article I had read awhile back..here it is. take from it what you will.

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...eve-in-man-made-climate-change/1#.UBMbTrRfFQM

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4635381 said:
you mean like, no liquids on planes which only benefits those selling water after security?

That's to keep flammable, explosive and corrosive liquids off planes. Certainly it gets exploited but that's not the reason you can't get many liquids on a plane.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
jobberone;4635465 said:
That's to keep flammable, explosive and corrosive liquids off planes. Certainly it gets exploited but that's not the reason you can't get many liquids on a plane.

except of course, we travelled with them for years without any real incident, it is the myth of security that TSA and CTSA (the Canadian version) feeds us.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4635483 said:
except of course, we travelled with them for years without any real incident, it is the myth of security that TSA and CTSA (the Canadian version) feeds us.

Times are changing man.. for example, nowadays when your wife rapes a bunch of children, people would expect you to report her.

Crazy, right?

:rolleyes:

DFWJC

Reaction score
locked&loaded;4635457 said:
I guess most of my information comes from the book "plows,plauges and patroleum". Plus a climate change class I had.. plus i go to the number one undergraduate school in the nation for natural resources. I just hear about it alot.

also, I had been looking for this article I had read awhile back..here it is. take from it what you will.

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...eve-in-man-made-climate-change/1#.UBMbTrRfFQM
I'm surpised it wasn't 100% seeing that asked "climate scientists" the question. lol

That USA Today article is pretty weak, but that's fine.

That's a pretty narrow field asked to a often very flimsy definition of a scientist....that basically gets paid to give them the answer they want to hear.

Again, I'm not saying they are wrong.

It's just the title maybe should have said 97% of a selected group climate scientists, but theat would be too long of atitle, I suppose....and would have less impact.

And of course, you know what your climate change class would tell you. By defintion the story would be totally one-sided or the school would not even get funding to have the class.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
I think the people of the world would do better to concern itself with the behavioral climate of themselves, rather than worrying about what the weather is doing. It won't matter much what it's doing if people continue treating each other like **** any way.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4635483 said:

Irrelevant. Today is much more dangerous and while it's a pain the rule is for safety not profit. We aren't having planes fall from the skies and there have been real threats. I don't necessarily agree with it all but we are about as safe as possible. I get on a plane I want to get away on my own power.