Saturday at OU

TxStar61

Reaction score
Oklahoma has had plenty of time to prepare for Texas Tech. The rest should be particularly useful to the Sooners' defense.

The No. 2 Sooners will face what should be their most difficult challenge to date this season when Texas Tech brings one of the nation's top offenses to Norman in a Big 12 matchup Saturday.

As expected, Oklahoma (3-0) enters the conference portion of its schedule unbeaten following convincing home wins over Bowling Green, Houston and Oregon.

By the time they take the field Saturday, the Sooners will have been off 14 days since they beat Oregon 31-7 behind the running of freshman Adrian Peterson.

Peterson, filling in for injured starter Kejuan Jones, carried 24 times for 183 yards and two touchdowns, becoming the first Oklahoma freshman to run for at least 100 yards in each of his first three games.
:D

Jones could see playing time Saturday, but Peterson almost certainly will get some touches.

``Kejuan is coming around. He did a little bit of work yesterday,'' Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops said. ``We'll see how he does as the week goes on. He feels as if he's improving so we'll see. Our offensive game plan will remain the same.''

Saturday's matchup presents a different set of challenges for Stoops, who is very familiar with the type of offense Texas Tech (3-1, 1-0 Big 12) uses.

The Red Raiders lead the nation in passing offense (436.5 yards), are fourth in total offense (539.0) and 13th in scoring offense (38.0 points). Quarterback Sonny Cumbie leads the country in total offense, averaging 426.8 yards per game.

``This team is like most teams that he has had, where the offense is really clicking and moving the football,'' Stopps said. ``Their quarterback, Sonny Cumbie, has done an excellent job and that should be expected from a guy who has been in their system for a couple of years. We see it as a big challenge defensively to hold them down and make plays.''

Oklahoma, seeking its fifth straight Big 12 opening win, has outscored opponents by more than 35 points per game during its 16-game home win streak.

The Sooners also have won nine straight and 19 of 20 against schools from the state of Texas. Their last loss to a Texas-based opponent in Norman was a 51-7 defeat to Texas A&M on Nov. 15, 1997. :)

The Red Raiders' potent offense was on display again Saturday, as they overcame a 25-point first-half deficit to beat Kansas 31-30.

Taurean Henderson rushed for 169 yards, including a game-winning 70-yard touchdown run with less than three minutes remaining. That performance made Henderson one of only two active Division I-A players with 1,000 receiving yards and 1,000 rushing yards in their careers. The other is Eric Roberts from Navy.

Texas Tech has outscored opponents 93-30 in the second half this season.

``We need to play hard every week until we get it straightened out,'' Cumbie said. ``It is about what we are doing and aren't doing. You get down on a team like OU, and what was 20 points, become 30 or 40. The comebacks have been great and exciting, and it has been a fun ride, but we want to start out faster than we have been.''

The Sooners have won all four games against the Red Raiders since Texas Tech head coach Mike Leach left Oklahoma, where he was the offensive coordinator, by an average score of 43-16.

Updated on Tuesday, Sep 28, 2004 9:55 pm EDT

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
I find it funny that while all Longhornsa do is talk about how great they are and how they will beat OU, Texas A&M is the only Texas team that has given Texas any trouble at all the last 4 years. We were one bad pass away from beating them in 2000, we gave them hell for 3 quarters in Norman in 2001, and we beat them in 2002. Yeah we lost last year badly, but Texas has lost horribly TWICE on neutral turf. OU will beat Texas, again, just as it should be. Bob Stoops >>>>>> Mack Brown and this fact is painfully obvious every year on the second saturday in October.

lzppjb

Reaction score
Living out your fantasies through another team? Sad. How bout you 'silly' aggys beat us instead of getting your big brother to do it. Pooooooooooooor aggies!

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
lzppjb said:
Living out your fantasies through another team? Sad. How bout you 'silly' aggys beat us instead of getting your big brother to do it. Pooooooooooooor aggies!

I like OU, half my family attended that school and I always root for them as long as they arent playing A&M. I love watching Texas get beat, no matter who does the beating. Whats sad is you know you dont have a chance so all you can do is insult A&M. And we arent the school whos mascot got punked into a nickname, you are. BTW, notice that A&M has beaten 2 top 25 teams the last 2 weeks. We are no punching bag anymore. And after you get your yearly whipping from OU, we will have the same record. Now go away little boy and have your little wet dreams about beating OU.

lzppjb

Reaction score
You're a moron. But what else should I expect from a moron aggy? Your lame smack about Bevo was shown to be bull**** on another thread. Other claims you made were also proved to be wrong...by me. Yet you failed to respond because you know you got owned.

Clemson? Congratu-****in-lations on that one. They were 25th at the time. They're 1-3. They were obviously overrated to start the season. KState was NOT ranked in the top 25 before this Saturday. I'm glad you're having fun in that dream land of yours though.

Insults? Read your own posts "little boy." You're the one making asinine comments about Texas. I come along and set the record straight with FACTS. Something you conveniently leave out of every post you make.

Try to bring it next time with something of substance instead of the crap you spew forth from your slack-jawed yokel self. I won't expect anything else though since your comebacks are based on an education at a second rate agricultural college.

lzppjb

Reaction score
And another thing...can you not see the difference between these two statements?

Me: "MY team will beat the ever living **** out of your team."

You: "That team over there will beat the **** out of your team."

Wow. That's a good comeback. That's like the little mouse saying to the cat, "ha! That dog over there is gonna kick your ***!"

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
lzppjb said:
You're a moron. But what else should I expect from a moron aggy? Your lame smack about Bevo was shown to be bull**** on another thread. Other claims you made were also proved to be wrong...by me. Yet you failed to respond because you know you got owned.

Clemson? Congratu-****in-lations on that one. They were 25th at the time. They're 1-3. They were obviously overrated to start the season. KState was NOT ranked in the top 25 before this Saturday. I'm glad you're having fun in that dream land of yours though.

Insults? Read your own posts "little boy." You're the one making asinine comments about Texas. I come along and set the record straight with FACTS. Something you conveniently leave out of every post you make.

Try to bring it next time with something of substance instead of the crap you spew forth from your slack-jawed yokel self. I won't expect anything else though since your comebacks are based on an education at a second rate agricultural college.

And who have you beaten? North Texas? Baylor? Arkansas (more overated than Clemson). Please, We have had much more impressive wins than you. I will throughly enjoy it when you never post on these threads again when you get beaten 63-14 again by OU. You fair weather side will be exposed. Facts? Your cute and that made me laugh. If those are facts, you should go back to grade school where all Longhorns belong and learn to define the word "fact". And please, stop trying to act smart, you arent fooling anyone except maybe your fellow Longhorns, but thats like fooling a ****** that left is right. And you can throw a little hissy-fit till your blue in the face, it wont change the fact that your mascot, which is more fit for a dinner plate than an icon, got punked into having its nickname by Texas A&M. That crap they tell you at UT is just pure BS and you know it. You have proved me wrong about absolutely nothing, in fact you continue to prove me right by continually acting like the fool we know all Longhorns really are. For that I thank you. Im also not quite sure why you area arguing this, you cant possibly be old enough to be in college. My bad, maybe you have UT confused with your precious Sam Houston Middle school Longhorns. And when you get your daddy to write your next post for you, make sure he tries to dumb it down just a little bit so its not obvious you couldnt have written it. Got it? Thanks. Next?

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
lzppjb said:
And another thing...can you not see the difference between these two statements?

Me: "MY team will beat the ever living **** out of your team."

You: "That team over there will beat the **** out of your team."

Wow. That's a good comeback. That's like the little mouse saying to the cat, "ha! That dog over there is gonna kick your ***!"

You just dont seem to get it. Here, take my hand and I will slowly explain this: I A-M A O-U F-A-N A-N-D A A-G-G-I-E F-A-N!!! Did you get that? Ok good. Im not saying that team over there, Im saying my second favorite college football team who is just below A&M will beat you. Both my teams, half the people I know went to OU and I always watch them and root for them as long as they arent playing A&M, and even then I feel kind of bad because I dont like having my 2 teams play each other. Now please **** before you get your nose bloodied again.

lzppjb

Reaction score
Nose bloodied? You are a complete ****ing idiot. A middle school kid? Please. I'm a senior at Texas about to graduate with a business degree from a Top 3 business school in America. More than you can say, I'm sure. Do I have to post a ****ing transcript or something? :rolleyes:

You still failed to go back and acknowledge my response to the bull**** you posted in another thread. Those are the facts I'm talking about. I know why you didn't...because you can't disprove facts with biased opinion.

And how can you say what we're told about our own mascot is bull****, but what what they lie to you just HAS to be true? You're a rival school. What makes you think what your school says about their biggest rival is true? You're either gullible, brainwashed or a jackass.

I'm glad you have TWO favorite teams. That's real diehard there. If one sucks, you can just switch emphasis to the other. Also, to your point about our strength of schedule...I'm not the one bragging about it! You are, remember? I was disproving your point. I never made that point, so disproving something I never said is stupid. Congratulations on making another stupid argument.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
lzppjb said:
Nose bloodied? You are a complete ****ing idiot. A middle school kid? Please. I'm a senior at Texas about to graduate with a business degree from a Top 3 business school in America. More than you can say, I'm sure. Do I have to post a ****ing transcript or something? :rolleyes:

You still failed to go back and acknowledge my response to the bull**** you posted in another thread. Those are the facts I'm talking about. I know why you didn't...because you can't disprove facts with biased opinion.

And how can you say what we're told about our own mascot is bull****, but what what they lie to you just HAS to be true? You're a rival school. What makes you think what your school says about their biggest rival is true? You're either gullible, brainwashed or a jackass.

I'm glad you have TWO favorite teams. That's real diehard there. If one sucks, you can just switch emphasis to the other. Also, to your point about our strength of schedule...I'm not the one bragging about it! You are, remember? I was disproving your point. I never made that point, so disproving something I never said is stupid. Congratulations on making another stupid argument.

My, my, my, and this middle school nonsense from a self-proclaimed mature adult? With all the f****** language and the Bull**** posting, I thought I was listening to a couple of 6th graders fighting over whose smarter. Now your next post will most likely be a rational, low key post with no cussing or anything only because I pointed this fact out. Amusing, yet sad. I hope for your sake you are lying about your college education, otherwise UT and life has severly failed you. More than I can say? I graduated second in a class of over 750 with a 4.89 GPA and went to A&M on a full scholorship. Hmmm...... Looks like I win. Now dont you feel like a moron? If you think what you are spewing is fact, then you really should return to grade school and take 3rd grade English again. Now that your intelligence has been refuted, on to your flawed football knowledge. Who in the world says that you cant have 2 teams you love to root for? Other than you, of course. No one, thats who. You can be a diehard fan of two teams. While I like A&M more, its just as satisfying to watch OU win and beat Texas. Now, you say Texas has more tradition in the other thread. lmao. We have the 12th man, the yell leaders, the students never sit down during games, midnight yell practice on friday nights, the wrecking crew, etc. I could go on for about 10 more lines, but you get the point. Texas has a giant steak for a mascot and.....um.....yeah.....well good for you scout!!! If this is the next generation of bussisness men, then America is indeed screwed. Good day sir, Im done with you.

lzppjb

Reaction score
Like I said in the other thread, tradition is based on wins and championships. Not on some idea thought up and called a "tradition" just so you have more of them. A piece of steak? Yeah....and having a ***** collie that is the highest ranking officer on campus is any better? You have got to be ****ing kidding me!

I like how you can't refute anything I say, so you just call out my language. That's rich. You can keep your standing all game 83% capacity 12th man and shove it. That whole 12th man fiasco is such a crock of ****. The guy that started the tradition didn't even get in the game. :rolleyes:

Class of 750...wow impressive. So was mine, class of '01. I'm not going to throw out my numbers because you'll just call me a liar. Instead of refuting things I say, you tend to just call me a liar.

Actually...you're doing it so much, why don't you just call it an Aggy Tradition!

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
lzppjb said:
Like I said in the other thread, tradition is based on wins and championships. Not on some idea thought up and called a "tradition" just so you have more of them. A piece of steak? Yeah....and having a ***** collie that is the highest ranking officer on campus is any better? You have got to be ****ing kidding me!

I like how you can't refute anything I say, so you just call out my language. That's rich. You can keep your standing all game 83% capacity 12th man and shove it. That whole 12th man fiasco is such a crock of ****. The guy that started the tradition didn't even get in the game. :rolleyes:

Class of 750...wow impressive. So was mine, class of '01. I'm not going to throw out my numbers because you'll just call me a liar. Instead of refuting things I say, you tend to just call me a liar.

Actually...you're doing it so much, why don't you just call it an Aggy Tradition!

Lets see, who would I rather have as a mascot: Man's best friend and a very intelligent animal, a dog, or something more fit for the grill than a football stadium, a Longhorn. Hmmm.....tough decision. :rolleyes: BTW, its Mrs. Reivalle to you. 12th man is the greatest tradition in college football, and not just because I think so. I cant count how many broadcasters, anaylists, etc think it is the best. So yup, its a crock of crap all right. You want to play the sarcasm game, ok lets play: Since you lose to OU so much, why not make it tradition and just give them a free W every year.

BTW, the "Red River Shootout" should be renamed the "Red River Blowout"

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you two can not cut out the language and silly bickering...then you may get a timeout like two kids