Say a prayer for BS' cousin

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Terrance Murphy is down right now. Let's hope it isn't bad.

Our thoughts are with your family Brown Sugar.

Tricked

Fascinated
Reaction score
yeah, i'm hoping for the best, it's scary to see a player being taken out on a stretcher, which they're loading him up now.. first thing i thought of when i heard murphy was of brownsugars sig :(

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's him!!! Man, I've been trying to figure who it was who was down... :(

:pray2:

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Yeah, he took a really hard hit and it was helmet to helmet. I really hope the guy pulls through. I get a little worried when it takes this long for him to get up and they have to cart him out.

- Mike G.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
I get even more worried when the person on the stretcher doesn't give the traditional thumbs up to let everyone know he's alright. It doesn't look good at this point. :(

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
T-Murph wiggling fingers and alert. Looks better than it looked at first blush.

Hope so!

Champsheart

Reaction score
Yhea, as soon as I saw what happened, I instantly thought of Brown Sugar.

BS, I hope you know our thoughts are with you and your family.

God Bless!

calico

Reaction score
I hope is okay. He did not look good leaving the field.

:pray2:

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
BS, I also am hoping and praying for the best for Terrance.

CowboysFan07

Reaction score
Prayer sent. BS, know that the Aggie family is behind T-Murphs as he goes through this. Going to school here I've heard nothing but good things about him, and always heard that he was the nicest, hardest working person on the football team. I also heard that he was a better person than a football player, which is saying a lot, because he was one of A&M's best. Gig'Em and Godspeed Terrence.

DLK150

The Quiet Man
Reaction score
Mine is out there for him. I haven't been watching the game but however bad it was, I hope it turns out to be minor. He and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Packers receiver Murphy injures neck, hospitalized

Associated Press

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Green Bay Packers receiver Terrence Murphy injured his neck during the second quarter of Monday night's 32-29 loss to the Carolina Panthers and was to be hospitalized for at least one night.

Murphy had just picked up a fumbled kick return and turned up field to run with it when he was tackled by Carolina's Thomas Davis late in the second quarter. It appeared to be a helmet-to-helmet hit and Murphy folded awkwardly as he collapsed to the ground.

He lay motionless on the field surrounded by medical personnel for several minutes as some of his teammates kneeled in prayer. He was taken off on a stretcher.

The Packers said Murphy was alert and awake in the locker room with movement in his limbs, but was complaining of numbness and tingling. He was transported to Carolina's Medical Center for further evaluation and Packers coach Mike Sherman said he would spend at least one night there.

"It was very scary," Sherman said. "It looks like he's going to be OK."

Murphy, a rookie from Texas A&M, had two catches against the Panthers for 13 yards. He has five catches for 36 yards this season.

Other Green Bay players injured Monday included running back Ahman Green (knee), center Mike Flanagan (abdominal strain), left tackle Chad Clifton (sprained ankle), linebacker Na'il Diggs (sprained MCL) and safety Earl Little (strained hamstring).

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2180327

BrownSugar

One Classy Lady
Reaction score
Thanks to all of you, your prayers are needed and appreciated very much!! Last night, I was so hysterical, I was bout to lose my mind. Everyone was calling...I didn't know what to do or think. It looked like his neck may have been broken. I couldn't reach his mom or his brother, but my brother talked to his agent. His agent was getting his stuff out of his locker and headed to the hospital.

As the news has been reporting, he does have lots of tingling and numbness, but he was able to move his fingers and toes. I haven't heard anything new as of now...I guess they are still waiting on test results.

I hope and pray that he's okay, and comes out of this with just some major soreness. I will keep you all posted!!

Thanks again for the prayers and concerns!!

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow..didn't watch the game last night (watching Shogun..AGAIN lol) and then only caught that someone was hurt last night but did not know it was him.

That is terrible, but if I read that right he has got feeling in his limbs which is a very good sign with a neck injury.

Best wishes to the young man and his family...hoping for a full and speedy recovery.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aggies relieved about former teammate

A&M QB Reggie McNeal was clearly shaken from watching on TV as good friend Terrence Murphy, the Packers rookie and former Aggies receiver, went down with a scary injury during yesterday's Monday Night Football game. Murphy lay motionless on the ground for several minutes. McNeal said all he could think was, "Get up."

"I don't ever want somebody to go through that, when you know somebody that's down like that, and you're just sitting there watching. It's scary," McNeal said.

WR Jason Carter wasn't watching the game, but his phone started ringing as soon as it happened. Carter stopped everything he was doing to pray. The good news is it sounds as though Murphy will be OK.

"I know T-Murph. He's going to be all right," McNeal said. "He's always been a solider since I've known him."

Posted by Rachel Cohen http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sharedcontent/dws/img/standing/icons/email.gif at 2:45 PM (E-mail this entry)

BrownSugar

One Classy Lady
Reaction score
Well, thanks for all the prayers!! Looks like it is just a stinger!! He had some swelling around his spine and a pinched nerve. If he rests and do everything that the doctor says, he'll bounce back in two weeks. They have a bye week Oct. 16th, so that's perfect!! His mom, my auntie, flew out this morning. He's doing better, he's been released from the hospital.

I'm sure he probably feels like he's been in a car wreck, but he's fine.

Thanks again for the prayers!!