Say Good Bye to your Agent or we are done

Ghost12

Reaction score
Cam isn't getting stupid current QB money (30+ M yearly)

Outside of LA he is getting backup money or quitting.

That of course assumes he will accept the former, which I suppose IS a strong assumption.
I agree Cam isn’t going to be joining the 30+ club, but he won’t exactly be setting for a rookie contract either.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I agree Cam isn’t going to be joining the 30+ club, but he won’t exactly be setting for a rookie contract either.
Yeah I thought that one about 80% through lol.

He will probably need to take backup money though and that's gonna be a tough pill to swallow for him.

I'm very interested in seeing where he ends up. He may very well wait until a starter gets hurt before signing.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
With everything that has happened in the past couple of weeks Dak & Co probably need to kiss JJ's *** so he doesn't pull the current offer off the table. This economy is on the verge of tanking and going forward large ridiculous contracts may be a thing of the past for the next few years.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I know I know another Dak Thread, but in all seriousness, the Jones have done this in the past and said we will not deal with certain agents and have chosen to not sign players who work with unreasonable agents. Id say Dak we are going to Franchise tag you and we are going to draft a QB in Round 1,2 or 3. if you cannot find a Another agent we will be forced to move on from you... Not because we do not want you but we cannot work with your agent.... Let him chew on that and go back to his agent and say OK OK guys this is nuts my favorite team is about to draft someone to replace me because we cannot come to an agreement, let's sit down and get this done.

Only problem is, Dak hired CAA and France for a reason. He new what he was getting and he wanted to have France and CAA represent him. I don't think he has any intention of saying anything to France. JMO

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
With everything that has happened in the past couple of weeks Dak & Co probably need to kiss JJ's *** so he doesn't pull the current offer off the table. This economy is on the verge of tanking and going forward large ridiculous contracts may be a thing of the past for the next few years.

It's weird. For like two years now, I've been arguing with all sorts of random posters about this. The contention that the money was guaranteed to go up and salaries were never going down. Now, because of unforeseen circumstances, that might not be the case.

Who knew.............

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Did the NFL and the TV networks suddenly negotiate lesser deals? Until that happens the NFL has nothing to substantiate reducing player contracts.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
My only problem with that is guys like Martin got paid because they were elite at what they do and Dak is getting paid simply because he’s a QB that isn’t terrible.

Elite, according to what metrics?

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Romo's agents when he was playing were Jimmy Sexton and then R.J. Gosner. Tom Young and R.J. Gosner are his agents now. Prescott is repped by Todd France.

You partially answered the question. What did you think when Romo got top money?