News: SC: Former Cowboys Pro Bowler Jason Hatcher Rips Into Dak Prescott's Agent

dwreck27

Reaction score
Agent needs to be canned...

yes this is on Dak too but this was piss poor advice no matter how you dice it....

N- not
F- for
L- long

never forget that and always get the most money you can and sign the deal....

plymkr

Reaction score
When Dak’s not high off pain pills, first order of business: find a new agent. I know Dak has a part in discussing what he wants in terms of money, years, etc. But the agent takes a lot of that into consideration, and I think Mr. France is... how should I put this in a way that won’t be bleeped?

bottom line, Todd France needs to be fired.
Couldn't agree more. France (Lol, I thought his name was Francis) seriously failed Dak. I'm glad somneone in the media is saying that Dak should fire his agent.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If Dak stays healthy on current trajectory he probably bust the bank next year despite the teams results.

That’s always a risk playing on franchise tag.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
I hate to see anyone get injured but these players are getting paid yearly more than all of us can make in our lives time. they are fine.
feel bad equally or more for the homeless and the unfortunate ones.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I feel bad for him.
He was offered Russell Wilson-type money with over
100 million guaranteed.
He got some bad advice. He even tried to negotiate at the last
minute of the deadline. That gesture implies he had cold feet
about the tag decision.

I wonder what a compromise offer will look like.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
any player saying this also before the injury?
I believe some did. The agent had had a good offseason with getting mega deals for some of his guys, but many believe he mishandled Dak's deal. Although just as many blamed the Cowboys.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
I don’t understand how anyone can blame the cowboys here. Sure they’re was some haggling over years..... but they made him a top 5 contract.

Is that extra 4-5 million a year that important when your getting a guaranteed 100 plus mil?

I don’t even put it on dak. It’s about pride. It’s about greed... and a lot of it is on the agents. It is in every sport. Always has been.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Former Cowboys Pro Bowler Jason Hatcher Rips Into Dak Prescott's Agent

Dak-Prescott-3.jpg

Former Dallas Cowboys Pro Bowl defensive lineman Jason Hatcher says Dak Prescott needs to fire his agent and support team immediately.

Read Full Story

Totally agree with Hatcher. His agent messed up trying to get a few more millions for Dak.

khiladi

Reaction score
Former Cowboys Pro Bowler Jason Hatcher Rips Into Dak Prescott's Agent

Dak-Prescott-3.jpg

Former Dallas Cowboys Pro Bowl defensive lineman Jason Hatcher says Dak Prescott needs to fire his agent and support team immediately.

Read Full Story

This the same clown that said Dak was a leader unlike Romo, because Romo didn’t hang out with him, while never playing for Dak and said he’s not even sure Dak is worth much, because of the team runs by Zeke.

"If you're going to pay him some money, give him the playbook and let him go see what he can do. Like don't hide him. I feel like for me, watching what they do, they're kind of hiding him. ... If it wasn't for Zeke, you take Zeke out of the equation, then ask yourself, 'Do I really like Dak that much?' Without Zeke. Ask yourself that. Has he done enough? If Zeke goes down, you need to win a game to get to the playoffs, can Dak get you there? Without 21 in the backfield.

"From a business aspect, I'm looking at that like, 'OK, I don't really know if he can do it. But I don't know if it's Jerry and them not giving him the playbook, not seeing what he can really do. He's really inconsistent on his passing. He can't really put balls in windows and stuff like that. I'm not criticizing him, I'm just telling the truth. I watch the Cowboys faithfully. He can't throw the balls that need to be thrown to show me that he's a franchise quarterback. That's just my opinion."

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak’s agent did what Dak wanted. Dak was saying for years he wasn’t taking a discount, HE BET on himself, but last minute he signed became he knew that the Cowboys had no problems starting Dalton with all these offensive pieces. And this was before Smith and Collins situation. Then Dak’s brother and boys played the race card for Dak not getting paid.

Dak can only blame himself. Tired of listening to this “Dak victim” garbage..

Bigdog

Reaction score
France has a lot of high profile clients, Aaron Donald for one, where they are the highest paid at their respective position. That is good and all but sometimes when you are swinging for the fences you strike out where you could have gotten a double.

Last edited:

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Agent wants to play hardball because it makes them look great when they’re client wins. In baseball I remember when Scott boras made his client (I think it was arod) sign a deal that was one million more than the next biggest deal.

Was a move all about greed and pride.

This instance France knew they’re was a smaller chance of a big time injury..... as long as dak finished the season he was set up for big money. But in a sport with non guaranteed deals he guessed wrong

Praxit

Reaction score
..Dak followed the popular money agenda. Hire the agent that will get you highest Mulla. Jason put it in clear perspective. In dog eat dog world, your left to your own wits to fend for yourself.

khiladi

Reaction score
And BTW, Dak hired Todd in August of 2018, meaning he was looking to maximize his pay in the “Dak-friendly” offense, after the team got rid of Dez.
And Dak-stans love to claim nowadays that this WR core was not in the interest of Dak, while at the same time, these Dak slobberers were telling us how Cole Beasley lining up on the outside would do serious damage. Yet, here we are with Dak firing his agent, hiring an agent that is all about maximizing the pay of client, in this context, thinking once again, “he’s the victim”.

And if Stephen Jones didn’t bail him out with Cooper, Dak would have lost millions, because he was an utter joke on the football field.

People have the audacity to blame the Jones family and guys like Cooper for this mediocrity, who in the last interview was talking about “respect”, forgetting how much this team baby-sat him and protected him.

Dude is a hypocritical, mediocre QB..