News: SC: Former Cowboys Pro Bowler Jason Hatcher Rips Into Dak Prescott's Agent

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Been saying Todd France is the problem for 2 years on this board. People attacking Jerry and Dak are clueless. If Jerry were allowed to sit alone in a room with Dak, they'd have had a deal done in 10 minutes.

dfense

Reaction score
Jason Hatcher, still angry about having to play for the Skins.

Scotman

Reaction score
I've posted several times that I thought Dak was making a mistake. In my opinion, he gave up a massive marketing opportunity. If he took a very "team friendly" deal, that would have played well to the fan base. Let's say he took a deal in the ridiculously "low" 25 million a year range. Market the heck out of that and he makes up much more in endorsements that his contract could ever provide.

This is just an awful, awful injury. Sickening to see. All that said, I wish Dak would have chosen a different route to a better payday.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
It’s really hard to justify not signing a deal when it wasn’t like the numbers were far apart. If the hold up was actually 4 vs 5 years and not AAV it makes little sense. Yes you get out of the deal a year early. Maybe the contracts explode in that time and his 5th year could be worth a significant amount more than on this deal. But you are risking 100+ million to get 10 million. In the unlikely event you suffer a career ending injury that gamble just isn’t worth it. That’s not even factoring in how Covid might impact the salary cap and future salaries going forward. I’m sure he would have preferred 4 years but if they were giving concessions on the rest of the deal it’s a poor decision to not sign. That’s probably why they were scrambling at the deadline to try and get something done.
good post. however, no matter how you explain it, there are a bunch of folks on this board who just can't understand the risk side of the equation.