Scandrick on Cowherd: Garrett is the most underrated coach in NFL

Zordon

Reaction score
Scandrick was a great leader on this team. Seeing him rip the young players who were screwing around really tells you about his value. He doesn't have to try to lobby for a job here. He's likely a guy we look to as an assistant DB coach when he hangs them up.
Scandrick and Garrett have something in common in that everyone thinks the way they treat the media is how they interact with the team. Attending Oxnard practices, I got an up-close look at how Scandrick interacted with teammates. He was a very vocal, a jokester that kept things light.

Zordon

Reaction score
How can he say that Garrett is underrated and then turn around and say the scheme has held Dak back? Garrett is responsible for the scheme.
Seems like a smart guy but...."they seem to have the right formula..."

Right formula? How many playoff wins in the last 24 years? The Jets have more.
Yeah there are definitely some fallacies in his comments.

Cmac

Reaction score
How can he say that Garrett is underrated and then turn around and say the scheme has held Dak back? Garrett is responsible for the scheme.
Drinking before being on the air....perhaps.. Made no sense what was being said. My Grandma often said..."Give your mouth a rest" for a reason.

Cmac

Reaction score
Scandrick and Garrett have something in common in that everyone thinks the way they treat the media is how they interact with the team. Attending Oxnard practices, I got an up-close look at how Scandrick interacted with teammates. He was a very vocal, a jokester that kept things light.
….but could he get serious when need....oops, starts with you own play first. My bad.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Garrett is a great HC, right now Belickik is top dawg but Garrett is in the top half of the coaches.

GenoT

Reaction score
Sample size of NFL HCs Orlando Scandrick has played for:

3 (Jason Garrett, Andy Reid, Doug Pederson)
:muttley::laugh::lmao::lmao2:

Cmac

Reaction score
Sample size of NFL HCs Orlando Scandrick has played for:

3 (Jason Garrett, Andy Reid, Doug Pederson)
:muttley::laugh::lmao::lmao2:
Gruden too....didn't he stop at the Commanders for a cup of coffee?

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
lol the man is looking for work he will say any thing to get a job in dallas

MikeB80

Reaction score
Honestly outside of owens, bennett and maybe dez everyone who has played for Garrett kind of says this.

I remember terrance Newman saying Jason garrett gave the most inspirational pre game talk he had ever heard before that week 17 giants game in 2011 (Yes I know they lost).

Cmac

Reaction score
Not according to Pro Football Reference.
…..but according to me in the Washington area....do ya research. He was up here for 4-6 months with the Skins. Wikipedia will show you.

BHendri5

Reaction score
One poster put Garrett as a 500 coach, that's not true. Yes, in the he got us to 500, in the middle of the 2010 season, that showed us he is better than a 500 coach. Then as he started dismantling and rebuilding the team he went 3 straight years at 500, then Romo got hurt that derailed the season, the only times we have not won 10 or more games is when something major has happened to a key player (QB) or key players, Zeke, and injuries, other than that 10 or more wins, the same will happen this season and he will get a new contract if he wants it.
Garrett just may want to move on, or into the front office.