1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Video: Scandrick on the McCarthy hire

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CATCH17, Jan 6, 2020.

1. CB61

CB61 Zone Supporter

9,229 Messages
    5,424 Likes Received
    Head coach or Oc I would imagine your tight end coaches don't get to say who plays or not they might have input but obviously no one listened to him

CowboysWillRise likes this.
  2. gmoney112

gmoney112 Well-Known Member

11,536 Messages
    15,656 Likes Received
    Where did this Jaston Whitten coach thing even come from?

I feel like Sexy Rexy is just trying to start his own shtick for his tv gig.

3. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

33,519 Messages
    26,801 Likes Received
    He's being controversial based on stating facts and his opinion though. Its not like he's saying off the wall stuff he's just not the typical analyst guy. It might work for him.

movaughn88 likes this.
  4. KingRah

KingRah Well-Known Member

1,270 Messages
    785 Likes Received
    I d love t o as a wr coach. He’d teach them to run routes and stay in shape.

5. texbumthelife

texbumthelife Well-Known Member

16,069 Messages
    14,790 Likes Received
    I don't believe this Witten nonsense for a second. Jerry specifically avoided hiring a coach with no experience. There gonna do a total 180 and go from MM to Witten.

Yall are clickbait ******.

CapnB and EJK24 like this.
  6. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

12,637 Messages
    5,569 Likes Received
    That’s pure conjecture on your part and actually goes against what has been stated-hey but that never stopped anybody on conjecture before

LACowboysFan1 and EJK24 like this.
  7. CowboysWillRise

CowboysWillRise Well-Known Member

10,981 Messages
    16,085 Likes Received
    I would think so as well. I have to wonder how much he lobbied for Jarwin though. I also have to wonder how much of a liability Jarwins blocking was and if that is the reason he didn't see the field more. Sounds like something Garrett would do.

8. calicowboy54

calicowboy54 Well-Known Member

671 Messages
    401 Likes Received
    OK i have to say something, when you throw in a 2nd year QB that most did not project to do anything in NFL that some say is scatter brained in the pocket and loose with him the 1st year. and then the next year, your QB is going through stuff and pissed off at you yeah those last 2 years sucked. But lets not forget other 3rd string guys that have come in to play and sucked, we've had a few. Im going to give MM a shot. let Nolan fix the Dfense and MM and Kellen put their heads together to come up with awesome plays and let MM call them, since he's had the experience doing so. if we are not in NFCCG or better by year 3 ill be shocked.

9. BigD_95

BigD_95 Well-Known Member

1,232 Messages
    1,072 Likes Received
    That was pathetic. Scandrick is awful on that clip. None of them seem like they even know what they are talking about.

10. crashintonickdm

crashintonickdm Well-Known Member

4,251 Messages
    4,217 Likes Received
    Why’s it bad if witten is a TE coach? He was a HOF TE. If he wants to coach you gotta start somewhere

11. crashintonickdm

crashintonickdm Well-Known Member

4,251 Messages
    4,217 Likes Received
    why not? He knows what it takes since like you said he was a HOF player.

something insane like offensive coordinator won’t happen. TE coach? Or assistant? Why not? You have to start somewhere.

12. Eightneight

Eightneight Well-Known Member

512 Messages
    441 Likes Received
    If MM wins. There will be no JW at HC.

13. Valkyr

Valkyr Well-Known Member

1,187 Messages
    1,693 Likes Received
    Let him coach at Tennessee then.

No more of these "get a job because you're buddies with 'ol Jer", I don't care who it is.

14. DeathMonkey

DeathMonkey Well-Known Member

6,385 Messages
    10,821 Likes Received
    I can't watch the video and say Scandrick was wrong about anything he said regarding McCarthy. That he'd need to see what staff was chosen (especially defense staff). Heck, he even called Richard maybe coming back and now there's a thread about that.

Regardless of what people think he is or is not, Scandrick doesn't look wrong about this so far.

rocyaice likes this.
  15. nightrain

nightrain Since 1971

6,645 Messages
    10,966 Likes Received
    TBD. Not based upon playing prowess.

16. atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy Zone Supporter

9,443 Messages
    12,827 Likes Received
    So, Nolan was a Jerry hire? You gotta be kidding. McCarthy actually likes Kellen Moore.

17. CB61

CB61 Zone Supporter

9,229 Messages
    5,424 Likes Received
    No way of knowing unless somebody speaks about it that's part of the problem here everybody has thoughts but we have no clue if they're even close to being correct or not and that includes me when I post because we just don't know and when we are told are we to believe it?

CowboysWillRise likes this.
  18. JMPearson

JMPearson Well-Known Member

875 Messages
    764 Likes Received
    Coaching is coaching, relating to players, willing to adapt, putting players in position to succeed, being organized, being honest with you players and have the ability to judge talent.

19. Future

Future Intramural Legend

24,016 Messages
    10,581 Likes Received
    Eh, I think a lot of teams in the NFL would hire Witten as the TE coach. There's really nobody more qualified.

20. Hadenough

Hadenough Well-Known Member

5,219 Messages
    5,694 Likes Received
    That was made clear when Jerry has McCarthy stay at his house.