Scary Redzone stat put me on Pitts Train

Shneek814

Reaction score
I was very Anti-Pitts until i remembered that it seems the Cowboys struggle scoring TDs in Redzone. Dak can always drive right down the field but struggles when close to the end zone. So i looked up 2019 stats, and within 10 yards, Dak was in 27th place in passing stats right behind Dalton on the Bengals. Could be coaching but its something to think about.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
If the team is looking solely at 2021, they might pass on Pitts. But that would be extremely foolish. Gallup is gone after this year and Pitts could well be the best player in this draft.

It’s a moot point though, he won’t be there at 10. Not after this pro day.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
If the team is looking solely at 2021, they might pass on Pitts. But that would be extremely foolish. Gallup is gone after this year and Pitts could well be the best player in this draft.

Have to check, but did Miami make that trade up before or after Pitts pro day?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Or the Eagles. They have plenty of draft capital to move up ahead of us. After the beating Howie took last year, I'm thinking that's exactly what they'll do.
So you think they moved back in trade to now move up,, thats some serious draft moves,, but would love for Philly to totally screw up their draft.

Adreme

Reaction score
I was very Anti-Pitts until i remembered that it seems the Cowboys struggle scoring TDs in Redzone. Dak can always drive right down the field but struggles when close to the end zone. So i looked up 2019 stats, and within 10 yards, Dak was in 27th place in passing stats right behind Dalton on the Bengals. Could be coaching but its something to think about.

I mean it could also be that Dallas does not have great redzone WRs, but has a solid running game so they were always going to lean on that when in 1st and goal situations. Though anything to get people on the Pitts wagon is great because I will pound the table hard for him. He is WR speed (the man ran a 4.44 40 with TERRIBLE form) combined with Gronk hands and the largest catching radius we have seen in 20 years. The man is a beast.

Twin928

Reaction score

Gallup is not gone he will take a discount he isn’t a number one n with copper n lamb without them he doesn’t put up half the production he does anywhere else

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Redzone success, scoring in the redzone gets reduced league wide, but I also realize this teams struggles.
The field of play shrinks, and defenses are in the Box with a back of endzone barometer, so its compressed play.
You know how you improve play in the redzone is when you get big,, time to play big boy football and you have more success than failure.
Big at OL, Running Game, Big reliable receiving targets,,, seems Dak has most of that now,, but there is always room for improvement.
At this point all we can hope and pray for is a well balanced draft,, have to take the talent when it is available, when its jumping up and
saying "draft me, draft me".. hello, slap to the face, just being obvious..
Call it BPA or BS, it doesnt really matter,,, just dont mess this draft up when we hold 10 picks with 4 in the top 100 or whatever..lol

plymkr

Reaction score
Gallup is not gone he will take a discount he isn’t a number one n with copper n lamb without them he doesn’t put up half the production he does anywhere else
I agree, Gallup's career will be better in Dallas. Offer him a generous SB with a lower APY and do your best to keep him on the team. Hopefully Gallup sees his future is with the Cowboys and takes a team friendly deal.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Have to check, but did Miami make that trade up before or after Pitts pro day?

Before. Not sure if they’re targeting Chase or Pitts, but IMHO they’re likely to go 5 and 6 to the Bengals and Dolphins, in no particular order.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Before. Not sure if they’re targeting Chase or Pitts, but IMHO they’re likely to go 5 and 6 to the Bengals and Dolphins, in no particular order.
Damn those professional front offices targeting the two blue chippers...lol

Flamma

Reaction score
So you think they moved back in trade to now move up,, thats some serious draft moves,, but would love for Philly to totally screw up their draft.

Me and you both. Just think of how easy it would be to trade up with Denver at #9. All it would take is a 3rd round pick, and not even their 3rd rounder, the 3rd they got from the Colts. This is provided Denver is looking at a QB. They would have no fear. They'd still get their QB plus a 3rd rounder to boot.

All that said, I only see this happening if Philly wants a player they think the Cowboys or Giants might pick. My guess is Philly is looking at WR. Dallas isn't drafting a WR, but Pitts? Very possible. If he's still on the board I believe the Eagles will trade to 9 to get him. Maybe even Sewel. Can't go wrong there.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Me and you both. Just think of how easy it would be to trade up with Denver at #9. All it would take is a 3rd round pick, and not even their 3rd rounder, the 3rd they got from the Colts. This is provided Denver is looking at a QB. They would have no fear. They'd still get their QB plus a 3rd rounder to boot.

All that said, I only see this happening if Philly wants a player they think the Cowboys or Giants might pick. My guess is Philly is looking at WR. Dallas isn't drafting a WR, but Pitts? Very possible. If he's still on the board I believe the Eagles will trade to 9 to get him. Maybe even Sewel. Can't go wrong there.
So this could be an entire thread in itself, but I digress.. and agree. Philly is looking for whatever shakes out,, thats the risk you take with trade down.
Philly is forfeiting their right to draft Pitts or maybe even Chase to gain draft stock and still get Waddle.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
I think its 75% coaching and 25% personnel when it comes to redzone scoring or the lack there of with the Cowboys. KM's play calling in the redzone is often baffling.

I would be totally shocked if Pitts falls to 10. If he starts dropping, there will be teams moving up to get him.

Flamma

Reaction score
So this could be an entire thread in itself, but I digress.. and agree. Philly is looking for whatever shakes out,, thats the risk you take with trade down.
Philly is forfeiting their right to draft Pitts or maybe even Chase to gain draft stock and still get Waddle.

Pretty much. And what's Waddle going to do for them overall? They'd actually be better off taking the 2nd best offensive lineman if they really want to improve their team. They can get a really good WR in the 2nd. Hell, The Steelers do it all the time. But an offensive lineman doesn't make for big news.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Pretty much. And what's Waddle going to do for them overall? They'd actually be better off taking the 2nd best offensive lineman if they really want to improve their team. They can get a really good WR in the 2nd. Hell, The Steelers do it all the time. But an offensive lineman doesn't make for big news.
We are supposed to be keeping that hush hush,, I would hate to see Philly get Slater, but regardless, they will end up with a nice player still, even with the trade back.

Sydla

Reaction score
Or the Eagles. They have plenty of draft capital to move up ahead of us. After the beating Howie took last year, I'm thinking that's exactly what they'll do.

He’ll get mauled in Philly is he trades up for Pitts.

nathanlt

Reaction score
Don't forget that Pitts didn't participate in the Cotton Bowl against the Sooners. I believe that it was voluntary on his part, and if so, it is a red flag of sorts. As a teammate, you need to be with your team in big games.