Twitter: Schefter: Cowboys likely to release Cooper before the start of new league year

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb move by Jerry. If you don't think Coop is a $20M receiver, check out what Chris Godwin and Mike Williams get on the open market this year.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
At this point Cooper is no more of a number one receiver than Lamb. Dallas is going to have a hard time trading him because Coop is not a $20 million a year receiver. So why not save cap space while getting the same production?
I think coop is, but the problem is kellen as OC.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
My guess is Lamb, Gallup, Wilson, Turner and a draft pick or FA makes for a better group collectively than most teams.

People will portend doom and gloom no matter what they do, and I refuse to waste too much time stressing over possibilities beyond my control.
well it is not bad, although with gallup, he wont be the same guy after the injury.
and I dont stress about anything with the cowboys, I just find it amusing or interesting.

ESisback

Reaction score
well it is not bad, although with gallup, he wont be the same guy after the injury.
and I dont stress about anything with the cowboys, I just find it amusing or interesting.
That cool. The way some lament all day every day, you’d think we’re somewhere south of the NY Jets.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
That cool. The way some lament all day every day, you’d think we’re somewhere south of the NY Jets.
well they want to at least win some playoff games lol.
1 win and 3 losses during the dak period , and only 1 win during the romo era, is not very
good.
Then on top of that the SF game they looked really bad, and then the last play fiasco made it even worse.

To me dallas will often be good enough to win the east and get into playoffs, but once in
they will do poorly, maybe win a wc game but thats it.

ESisback

Reaction score
With Jerry in charge, the Cowboys will never be the Jets…about 98%.

With Jerry in charge, the Cowboys will never win the Super Bowl…about 90%.

Speculation, of course.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Lamb has not shown himself to be a WR1 at this point. I just don’t get creating a need like this.

You can't pay a guy $20 million when he's not producing. Not real difficult to understand.

The horrible move was giving up picks for him in the first place.

Trajan

Reaction score
We gave up a 1st round pick and now cut the guy ? Cowboys front office at its best I see.

jrumann59

Reaction score
let's remember the talk now is they can sign Gallup and Cedrick for the same price of keeping Amari....Coop's contract will make it next to impossible to trade him. Time to cut losses, and Gallup is young, and if the focus of the offense he can still blossom. Not quitting on him yet, not even close
remember all the stiffs they signed after letting Dez go. a 2 and 3 do not make a 1

kevm3

Reaction score
We clearly need a real GM. The narrative should NEVER be that we were going to cut Cooper. It should have always been that we are open to trading him and you let a possible contender take a flyer on him... but now teams know to just wait it out and get him when he hits the free market. How you are unable to get any picks for your best receiver is mindblowing.

kevm3

Reaction score
remember all the stiffs they signed after letting Dez go. a 2 and 3 do not make a 1

Exactly. Those other guys won't look how they look now once they are drawing the attention that Cooper once drew

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Gallup has not been given the chance to be WR 1, not has Cee. Now is their chance, and we shall see. The furthest problem this team has by the way is WR1.....

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Dak the WR career Killer
You mean the TEN TOE MEDIOCRE SLOTH formally known as DAK PRESCOT???????? He's a frog gigger at best with the way his numbers spike when he goes up against the toads in the NFL...............

jrumann59

Reaction score
Gallup has not been given the chance to be WR 1, not has Cee. Now is their chance, and we shall see. The furthest problem this team has by the way is WR1.....
Lest you forget the Jets game where he got to be the lead dog and sucked.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Lest you forget the Jets game where he got to be the lead dog and sucked.
so now we base this on one game, and not mention other games where he has starred. Let me be clear as well, that he hasn't proven to be a star yet, so the onus may be on him to step up

Mannix

Reaction score
I will say it again...I don't think Cooper is going anywhere. That was floated out there to get people mad....that way Booger and Chuckles can sign him and act as if that was their big FA move....like they do every year. Put me down as not being fooled!!!

DonaldM

Reaction score
Players are coming back from ACL injuries all time but geez how many stupid chances can you take.