Twitter: Schefter: Cowboys likely to use franchise tag on Prescott

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Jerrah is weak, he will pay anything to keep Dak .

So hold out it is, and 40M it will be .
Yep, he found his easy option. Winning SBs, aint got time for that nonsense I drafted a franchise QB at the end of the 4th, "look at this chest" lol He's good but not 35M good, I paid the whole OLINe and the RB...have to pay him too, why?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Uhh Russell Wilson did not make Doug Baldwin. Doug Baldwin was a great receiver. That’s like saying Ben Rothlisbergee elevates Antonio
Brown.

Are you comparing Doug Baldwin to Brown? Brown is a HOF WR, Baldwin was a good receiver with a couple of great seasons. lol

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Are you comparing Doug Baldwin to Brown? Brown is a HOF WR, Baldwin was a good receiver with a couple of great seasons. lol
Didn’t compare anyone. My point was Doug Baldwin was a great receiver. The whole “elevating” argument is a silly one. So if you are drafted late or not at all that means a quarterback made you better? It’s a dumb argument.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Uhh Russell Wilson did not make Doug Baldwin. Doug Baldwin was a great receiver. That’s like saying Ben Rothlisbergee elevates Antonio
Brown.

Baldwin was nowhere near "great" until Wilson had to put the ball in the air from lack of a running game and made Baldwin his guy. To pretend you knew who he was before that is ... "something." I've actually lived in Seattle so I know of what I speak.

But besides all that, you're not addressing my point. Where are you seeing Dak elevating a receiver that didn't already have demonstrated success elsewhere?

cowboyec

Reaction score
probably...but they can still negotiate even taggin Dak.
its not an either or...i think a deal gets done before training camp.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
The whole “elevating” argument is a silly one.

Sorry, but you actually tried to make an argument about it. Now when you can't really, it's dumb?

Since Zack Martin you’ve used your firsts rounders on Zeke, Taco, LVE and Amari Cooper. Three of those guys are Pro Bowlers.

Dak doesn’t elevate anyone? Cobb and Cooper has their best seasons in years. Gallup went from third round pick to a 1k receiver. That’s elevation.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
If Dak wants 40 mill or more then I think we should just draft another qb. I’ve seen enough of Dak to know he’s an average passer, above average decision maker, average athleticism, above average leadership, above average work ethic.

He’s a guy you can win a sb with it the team is stacked and he’s red lining his play during the playoffs. But he won’t elevate average players and average coaching like a Russell Wilson that’s for damn sure. Put Dak in Seattle and they win maybe 6 games.

_sturt_

Reaction score
I'm with those who think any delay in signing Dak only works to his advantage.

The later this goes, the more likely Mahomes' deal gets done first, and that's only going to nudge Dak's number higher (unless, of course, it is some ungodly number already).

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Baldwin was nowhere near "great" until Wilson had to put the ball in the air from lack of a running game and made Baldwin his guy. To pretend you knew who he was before that is ... "something." I've actually lived in Seattle so I know of what I speak.

But besides all that, you're not addressing my point. Where are you seeing Dak elevating a receiver that didn't already have demonstrated success elsewhere?
I think this “elevating receiver” thing is a stupid myth. How are you deciphering who’s elevating who? Did Joe Montana elevate Jerry Rice? Did Big Ben elevate Antonio? You may live in Seattle but I’ve seen Baldwin bail Russ our numerous times with great catches. He was not some bum like you’re trying to make him out to be.

Some like to use Laurent Robinson as a guy Romo elevated. That’s fair. But that ain’t what Russ did for Doug Baldwin.

Gaede

Reaction score
MM will not be happy about this situation .

Dang it . Jerrah with his terrible antics and negotiations .

Him and Stephen are so bad at negotiating.

Their main problem is they say the quiet part loud (we're all-in on Dak), and then continue to act as though they didn't just say that thing.

And then when they finally cave, they have their victory press conference and put on their **** eating grins and pretend that overpaying the player was what they wanted to do all along

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Sorry, but you actually tried to make an argument about it. Now when you can't really, it's dumb?

It’s always been dumb. I’m asking you a question. If Cobb and Cooper were bad before they got here and then got better when they got here then using your definition how is that not elevating?

Western

Reaction score
5d893a13061e0.image.jpg

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Him and Stephen are so bad at negotiating.

Their main problem is they say the quiet part loud (we're all-in on Dak), and then continue to act as though they didn't just say that thing.

And then when they finally cave, they have their victory press conference and put on their **** eating grins and pretend that overpaying the player was what they wanted to do all along
This is the NFL though. You can negotiate but whatever you negotiate it will be a record breaking deal. No one negotiates and gets a discount lol.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
If Dak wants 40 mill or more then I think we should just draft another qb. I’ve seen enough of Dak to know he’s an average passer, above average decision maker, average athleticism, above average leadership, above average work ethic.

He’s a guy you can win a sb with it the team is stacked and he’s red lining his play during the playoffs. But he won’t elevate average players and average coaching like a Russell Wilson that’s for damn sure. Put Dak in Seattle and they win maybe 6 games.

Agreed . Wilson elevates the players around him , i don't see it in Dak . Maybe im wrong ?