Schefter: Eagles agree to terms with Nnamdi **merged**

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Schefter on ESPN radio reports its down to the Jets and Cowboys for nmandi.

I think hes just blowing smoke to get more attention. Everyone puts us with any free agent to build up ratings

burmafrd

Reaction score
SChefter finds things out quickly once they are done; but he is lousy at predictions

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
I would agree, but you know Jerry is itching to make a splash. Other teams are making moves and he's been realtively silent.

STSINAZ

Reaction score
miamicowboy21;4015332 said:
I would agree, but you know Jerry is itching to make a splash. Other teams are making moves and he's been realtively silent.

we can cut newman and save 10 mill on this years cap, nothing on the next..why wouldnt we do it?

Cowboys22

Reaction score
67CowboysFan;4015341 said:
yesterday Stephen said we were not interested.

Which does nothing to tell me what the actual truth is.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Saw on another board that Mortenson reported Dallas was in on him as well but I sometimes feel these guys use each other as sources.

Mash

Reaction score
I just cant see us afford Nmandi......I love the player and think he is a great CB and solid character guy. But I hate to see that much money thrown at one player.

Im surprised its the 2 Ryans fighting over this one guy with other teams out there in the NFL that have so much cap money to spend.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Cowboys22;4015356 said:
Saw on another board that Mortenson reported Dallas was in on him as well but I sometimes feel these guys use each other as sources.

I think that is what happens a lot. One mediot throws something at the wall to see if it sticks then that is quoted as if it came from someone who actually knew something.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
What he actually said was that it was the Jets and Houston but Houston was worried they would end up with nothing if they waited so they pulled the trigger on Jospeh and Manning instead of waiting for Namdi. He went on to say that he thought that the Jets were pushing him to make a deal, the Cowboys were lurking and that there was another team that he had not identified in the mix.

I don't believe we are in the mix but I'm off the phone distribution list on these things so who knows? I'll believe it when I see it.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;4015401 said:
What he actually said was that it was the Jets and Houston but Houston was worried they would end up with nothing if they waited so they pulled the trigger on Jospeh and Manning instead of waiting for Namdi. He went on to say that he thought that the Jets were pushing him to make a deal, the Cowboys were lurking and that there was another team that he had not identified in the mix.

I don't believe we are in the mix but I'm off the phone distribution list on these things so who knows? I'll believe it when I see it.
he def said nyj and Dallas on mike and mike

CCBoy

Reaction score
burmafrd;4015428 said:
I thought the 49rs were supposedly in the mix as well.

They are...but I would laugh my arse off if he dropped below present value at Oakland and signed with Dallas at that point.

Hey, and with a cold beer I have a cold beer.:)

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
This could be working out perfect with Aso. The longer he stays out there the more likely we are to make an offer imo.

burmafrd

Reaction score
CCBoy;4015431 said:
They are...but I would laugh my arse off if he dropped below present value at Oakland and signed with Dallas at that point.

Hey, and with a cold beer I have a cold beer.:)

actually more teams might get interested if the word got out he was willing to sign for less than the popular $15 million a year; which then might get his price bid back up. It will be interesting.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Mash;4015362 said:
I just cant see us afford Nmandi......I love the player and think he is a great CB and solid character guy. But I hate to see that much money thrown at one player.

Im surprised its the 2 Ryans fighting over this one guy with other teams out there in the NFL that have so much cap money to spend.

We are supposedly WAY under the cap now. We can afford anyone we want. Like I said yesterday, we didn't free up all that space for no reason.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Schefter also said there is an unidentified team in the mix, but definitely cited Dallas throughout the show.

It'll be interesting. I'm sure we wanted to upgrade safety first, but with limited options now available, maybe this becomes the backup plan.