Schefter: No contract extension for McCarthy this offseason

doomsday9084

Reaction score
One of the many things that bothers me about how this has all played out is that it has saved Jerry $15m or so. I have issues with Jerry but never thought him to be cheap.

I'm starting to wonder if I was wrong on that too.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Must need to hit an article quota today…this has been obvious since they announced he’d be back

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
so let's all hope we start off like crap next year and we dump MM after our first few games...next move is don't extended Dak and let him revoke his NTC and let him move on to a team that can hopefully resurrect his career. MM is not capable of doing this. Build from Lamb, Micah and the other young studs out

MikeT22

Reaction score
By not giving him an extension you’re letting him be a lame duck, showing you don’t fully believe in him

So in that case, what the hell is the point in having him back!
It’s all about money with Jerry.

The only reason he’s coming back is the money/contract.

You either believe in him and give him an extension or fire him now and move on. We are just going to get to waste another year and then hire the next neutered puppet.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I'm curious...can anyone recall a lame duck HC actually earning an extension at the end of his contract? From my memory, these scenarios typically dont end well.