Schefter says Cowboys are expected to have interest in Darius Leonard

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
Do we honstly think there is a chance we sign him? Bring in for a look? Maybe, but outside of that it's not how this front office operates unless he was flipping burgers somewhere
I hope they're seriously considering him. This Dee needs a run-stuffing LB. I'm still worried that this team won't be able to stop the run when they need to...later in a close game. And if they give up enough run yards on 1st and 2nd to produce a 3rd and short (4 or less yards), it negates the Cowboys pass rush.

I think he's worth the risk given the need. What will it cost, like $6 million? Come on, Front Office, try to get this done. Evans and Clark are coming along, but they're not consistent quite yet

Kwyn

Reaction score
to injury though and then salary. might be a good reclamation
Hey, at this point in the season, I’m down.

I can’t see them putting next years money into it and you’re not going to find many other uses for any remaining cap.

Why not.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I hope they're seriously considering him. This Dee needs a run-stuffing LB. I'm still worried that this team won't be able to stop the run when they need to...later in a close game. And if they give up enough run yards on 1st and 2nd to produce a 3rd and short (4 or less yards), it negates the Cowboys pass rush.

I think he's worth the risk given the need. What will it cost, like $6 million? Come on, Front Office, try to get this done. Evans and Clark are coming along, but they're not consistent quite yet
I don’t see it costing 6m

I wa thinking in the 3m range tops unless the Eagles go hard.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score

Then it's a no-brainer at $3 mill. Bell is doing all he can to make plays from the MLB position, but he's too small to consistently stop middle runs against a physical opponent. And Evans and Clark ain't there yet (and may never get there). Neither are savvy run-stoppers.

Ken

Reaction score

Eagles have 1.5 mil in room. Not sure how willing they are to move money around.

Cowboys have around 6...they can outbid them if they wanted to.

ESisback

Reaction score
Take a good look, couldn’t hurt. Not a disaster if we don’t make a deal, though. We still have Parsons, Bell, Clark, Evans, Jones, Jefferson, Harper, and who else?

Szczepanik

Reaction score
Heard he had lost a step due to his injury , spine injuries made him more hesitant. I hope I'm wrong

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Anybody curious to see what he still has left in the tank may want to view this video posted on a Colts forum. Leonard is #53, Patriot Zeke, of all people, was making Leonard look slow and foolish. Not a good look at all..... :oops:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
How many other contending teams have such a clear opportunity for Leonard to come in and earn a starting job? This could be the advantage the cowboys have in negotiations.
Exactly......I'm sure his priority is playing time over money. In other words, IF we want him, Stephen will get this done easily. I'm guessing a modest deal that pays him for the remaining games and lets him walk when the season ends.

gtb1943

Reaction score
we do need help at LB
Run stuffing is still a need
I guess it comes down to how good is he now and how much does he want.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I thought it was pretty cool he was still out in the community handing out turkeys and what not, even after getting released. That's the type of human being you want representing the organization.
Yep. Shows high character.

Reactions: CWR